2020 FIA World Rally Championship

Oh wow, Ogier just took 20 seconds out of Paddon's lead in SS17 :( 
He only has a 2.6 second lead now. 

He sounded broken in the post-stage interview. Sordo was faster than him in that stage. 

I can't see him winning unless Ogier makes a mistake, which is a real shame. 

Yeah it doesn't look good. When Seb is flying like that he's hard to beat. But El Condor is El Condor, anything can happen. I just hope that Paddon doesn't crasch out.

Dytut said:
Yeah it doesn't look good. When Seb is flying like that he's hard to beat. But El Condor is El Condor, anything can happen. I just hope that Paddon doesn't crasch out.
True. Ogier still needs to push to win, so maybe he'll go a bit too wide on one of those tight corners with the rock-faces and knock something loose. All the pressure is on Paddon though :( 

Call me pessimistic, but we all know what's gonna happen in the end. 
Ogier is an animal when he gets into the zone. At times he looks more forbidding than Loeb did. 

OMG PADDON IS FLYING - COME ON!  

11 seconds up on Split 2!!                                         

Yes! Yes! Yes!                                                                      

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                  

What a fucking drive!                                              

He just smashed the Power Stage and won it by 11.2 sec! What a drive! Well done Hayden Paddon & John Kennard!

Way to go Paddon!                                                          

Whooooooooo! Go Paddon! :-D                                    

• Body is 13 Paddons too short.

Yeah what a drive from Paddon I did expect him to win this after Latvala's crash. Feared for the win after Ogier took 20 seconds off. But what a drive in the power stage 11.2 seconds faster!!!!. Congrats Hayden Paddon & John Kennard

HOLY SHIT

PADDON WON

AAA

:D :D :D

It was a damn shame that Latvala crashed twice, I'm so heartbroken for him, but atleast Hayden got a taste of victory. A future world champion, no doubt.

Oh my god that paddon's stage was absolutly impressive my left foot was braking for him LOL
My heart hasn't raced so fast since... well, since yesterday when Everton almost beat Man United. At least Paddon didn't let me down like Everton did! :D 

I have to watch the onboard from that last run as soon as it's up on WRC+.

The fact that Paddon had the mental strength to come back and win the last stage after losing 20 seconds on the stage before really bodes well for the future.

Dytut said:
I have to watch the onboard from that last run as soon as it's up on WRC+.
Me too! On the broadcast he went quite wide on a few corners, so he really did put in an incredible drive to still win by that margin. The rest of his stage must have been near flawless. 

He was pushing like hell on that stage! I'm not entirely sure how hard ogier was pushing, but that doesn't take it away from him in the slightest, as Paddon's time was still incredible!

very pleased for him, and very well deserved!

This live coverage really made me long for El Condor in Dirt Rally. One can dream...
It happens to me in every rally LOL. I see the coverage and say oh, imagine that in DiRT Rally, even bad rallys like mexico.

This live coverage really made me long for El Condor in Dirt Rally. One can dream...
It happens to me in every rally LOL. I see the coverage and say oh, imagine that in DiRT Rally, even bad rallys like mexico.
But just imagine it! The rockyness of Greece with double rock faces on both sides, fast, flowing, open sections like Wales and Finland but sprinkled with unmarked rocks, ruts and dips, and a slippery dirt surface. Sure would make for a unique challenge, especially if it were to combine both the flowing bits and the twisty bits into one stage short enough for the Ego engine.

In other news, how many of you think Latvala still has an open title challenge? As much as I love him, I'm afraid his title hopes are all but gone, once again prematurely.