2020 FIA World Rally Championship

YoMrWhite said:
Underkex said:
Great for Meeke, What happens to Latvala? And finally Camilli did something decent, not enough to quiet his haters.
I haven't been following it so much this weekend, but what exactly did he do other than set one reasonable stage time? Yeah he came 5th, but that's really only cause a lot of people retired. He's just not that quick, and I highly doubt he ever will be

I find it difficult to judge his performance. He has only limited experience, but he beat Ostberg on most of the stages in Portugal. On the other hand, he had the better road position. Then again, both Fiestas were clearly the slowest of the works cars. Is that their real potential? Or are both drivers just not so fast?

One thing is clear, though: Camilli has made progress. The question is if he can keep this up. In Sardinia, his and Ostbergs road position won't be so different, so it will be interesting to see how their times stack up against.

Fiesta's are slow but not that much, Tänak challenged the top positions and in DMack that I dont think that even with the new compound are in Michelin Level, since 2013 a Fiesta isnt driven by a rally challenger, just some few cases, like Tänak in Poland last year, but Elfyn's P2 was because he had a great job done by phil mills in his gravel crew, and he could rely on the notes much more than the others and could make a gap, then the top drivers beat him in every SS.
The DS3 performance is quite incredible, and Meeke's just AMAZING, he have setted the Pace in all the WRC rounds  he raced. Bit unconsistent but great pace, here in Portugal he even managed the victory anda made a HUGE Gap to Ogier.

Meeke benefited from low starting position by building a gap and then not letting it go. Brilliant drive. That's exactly what Latvala needed to do in Argentina but suspension failure prevented him in doing so. I believe that in Portugal JML's luck run out on SS5 when his power steering broke on the exact same corner and the same exact rut that send Paddon and Tanak out of the rally. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3YUhUApXv4

Think the mic is a bit bad, but dat sound...

Hmm, the mic is clipping in a few places, but that is a reasonably unique sound, i wonder if they altered the firing order.

*Edit, actually, that thing is clipping loads!

Yeah it clips like hell, but it does sound good on the non-clipping portions aswell.

Better quality below. That sound! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ArImvpFnc

Please somebody do something about these bodies being too short. :neutral:

Areyouben said:
Better quality below. That sound! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ArImvpFnc

Please somebody do something about these bodies being too short. :neutral:
Nice! How about that wing too O_o

Yeah, that does sound well.                                                     

It's nice to see Neuville back on form in Rally Sardegna.
It's been a while since he drove with confidence. He's showing his full potential again.
Let's hope he can hold on to that first podium spot or at least give Latvala a good run for his money. 

Congrats to Thierry for that excellent win

5 different winners over 5 different events. Am I dreaming?

Shows that the Hyundai is also very competitive still also. Don't know how hard Ogier was pushing on final day as he probably knew he wouldn't catch neuville and JML, but he wasn't very quick at all. Even the powerstage when he did push he didn't win by much. I know he lost a second or 2 in a hairpin, but he still wouldn't have won by a lot

Paddon's been up high just to come crashing down heavy again after Argentina. 

It was a fairly stupid mistake, but everyone makes one of those every now and then, just look at ogier in Spain last year. He will be back

gutted for paddon. he'll be back.
Hyundai are having an unlucky run with their first team picks! if they'd had Paddon in the first team for argentina, and Neuville in Italy they'd be right up there with VW.

Have we gotten any new information about what M-Sport are bringing to the table for 2017 yet? We know it's a Fiesta, and that it's a brand new build. Anything else?

Dytut said:
Have we gotten any new information about what M-Sport are bringing to the table for 2017 yet? We know it's a Fiesta, and that it's a brand new build. Anything else?
Yeah, that M-Sport is going to build it, so maybe for December it will have its First tests LOL  :#
No Budget=No development of the new car

Dytut said:

M-sport is waiting for the new Fiesta, as soon as it's released, they can start working on the real model. So far all the work and testing are done on the current model. That's the difference between manufactorer and privat team. Citroens 2017 car is based on a model that's not even released yet.

Citroen C3 road car has been unveiled. Might give a better clue what the '17 WRC car might look like as some shapes where hard to see due to all the camouflage:

And the 2017 i20 below, with the 3-door version instead of 5:

more here

Finally the Polo '17, albeit pictures from last week:

more here

Still nothing from Ford/M-Sport. :neutral:

So... Mikkelsen keeping the pace from the second half of Sardinia, Paddon back in pace, Tänak seems to be keeping pace with his dmacks. Will be interesting if any of them can get a big enough gap to challenge Ogier for his sunday push.

If nothing goes wrong 19s lead is enough for Tänak. Padding vs Mikkelsen and Latvala vs Ogier will be battling tomorrow. Ogier real speed can be seen on the 2nd pass of the stages. ~20s differences is really hard to catch up in this kind of high speed rally.

This is way better to watch, but it all plays into Ogier's hands, he's just pulling away with the champ again.

Unfortunately yes, this years fight for no. 1 is done. On tarmac events Ogier has big advantage, as he is starting first. And he's almost unbeatable there. 2017 should be much different story, new cars and the new generation (Tänak, Paddon, Mikkelsen) has gained valuable experience. Not to mention Meek rejoining the party :)

I see this whole season as a prelude to 2017 :-) The overall league will go to Ogier as usual, but it's nice to see a lot of drivers getting that crucial morale boost of winning against him this season.