2020 FIA World Rally Championship

gheeD said:
I somehow have a hunch its gonna be Hänninen and Lappi. But I think Lappi could easily switch to Suninen, Rally Deutschland is pretty decisive for the 2 young finns I think. Lappi has shown he's fast on gravel and Finland especially, but wrc2 season hasn't been that easy for him.
I would go Hänninen & Tänak for 1. and 2. car. No point to let Hännin go, he has the most experience with the car. Tänk could go for a win in Poland. Later when 3rd car is ready Sunninen/Lappi/Tideman, they can get familiar with the car and would be good start up for 2018 season.

Hanninen is completly pointless, he have no speed the young guns are the way to go, but they will have hanninen and Evans IMO, suninen dont want to go to toyota

https://twitter.com/paddocknews/status/751012719554363392
And somewhere I read that his least Preferred option is Toyota and M-Sport, I think that the Yaris might have some technical troubles, it is the last Preferred option of a lot of drivers

Yeah I was really looking forward to a new location this year :-/ Hope they'll be there next season.

Watch the 1999 rally of China instead. Way more interesting drivers and cars, so it's a great substitute. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFvx9xKunJs

Watch the 1999 rally of China instead. Way more interesting drivers and cars, so it's a great substitute. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFvx9xKunJs

Yup. I've been plowing through every WRC rally since 97 lately. Right now I'm midway through the 2001 season. WRC is cool enough to have the original daily highlights of each rally on youtube. Watching the the WRC intro from 2001 really gets me nostalgic. I loved the way the produced the TV footage back then. 

Funny coincidence, I started watching the '96 season, and now I'm on the 2001 season as well... one of my favourites. Wish today's (WRC) rally was as interesting.

I don't watch them in sequence, but I often pick out a classic WRC DVD to pop on in the evening (when the missus lets go of the TV remote that is). Very much looking forward to finishing decorating so I can get my collection out of boxes and onto a shelf (or two). That should also provide me a perfect excuse to fill the gaps in my Irish tarmac DVD collection as well!

tbtstt said:
I don't watch them in sequence, but I often pick out a classic WRC DVD to pop on in the evening (when the missus lets go of the TV remote that is). Very much looking forward to finishing decorating so I can get my collection out of boxes and onto a shelf (or two). That should also provide me a perfect excuse to fill the gaps in my Irish tarmac DVD collection as well!
I have a 2004 DVD back when Hirvonen was a young, crashy Finn.

Rally ADAC Deutschland

That's a start of a rally!
Latvala and Camilli already off in 1st stage (Latvala gearbox mechanical issue, Camilli crash [not suprising really])

All drivers are reporting totally slippery conditions on SS1. After SS2 almost every car had something smashed or missing :D

General classification after SS2: (Mikkelsen leads with 2 seconds before Neuville, and 6seconds before Ogier).

Just watched the onboards from panzerplatte, and I really hope the next DR will capture just how abrasive the old concrete roads are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGpvRIorDqE

Well... that looks fast. Real fast. Me likey!

Now that we've seen some footage of all the new 2017 cars... how do you feel they rack up? The i20 is the one that looks fastest so far imho, but that has no bearing on the real speed. Best sound so far has to be the Yaris though.

I think the C3 has a good shot, as they have been testing a lot, and started quite early. Best sound for the Yaris indeed.

Speaking of the C3, the Citroën C3 WRC 'Concept' car has been unveiled today. Really like the rear, but I wonder what they were thinking when designing the front. Those headlights are so tiny that they make the front look very big and bulky. Wonder what's to change as this is still a concept.

The front of the C3 WRC reminds me of the MINI Countryman WRC (and that's not a good thing). Overall it's a lot better than I was expecting though. Damn shame they didn't stick with the DS3, as we already know that a wide arch DS3 looks good: just look at the rallycross cars!

Can car designers stop with the "fog lights where the headlights should be, headlights on top" thing? Looks so weird, like the car has 2 faces. I like the rest of it though, the new aero bits and wide fenders actually look quite nice.

Hah, just seen the 'two faces' thing now you said it.

The fog lights part though, it makes them not fog lights, it's back to the 80's and spot lights :)  Only, they're built in now.

It just bugs me how there's two fascias on top of each other, and the primary one (headlights and grille) are not as visually pronounced as the secondary one (fogs and intake grille). I do like the design, but having a thin grille and headlights on top of the bigger one makes it hard to figure out where the car's "face" is. I'd lower both grilles a bit, and integrate the fogs and headlights into one unit.

Hah, just seen the 'two faces' thing now you said it.

The fog lights part though, it makes them not fog lights, it's back to the 80's and spot lights :)  Only, they're built in now.
I think these are actual normal lights/long lights. Day drive lights are these that are on - energy saving leds.
Of course for night there will be an additional packet. Which I'm curious about. Led are not? What do you think? These are getting more and more popular due to avoiding the issue of halogen breaking out like for example Kubica had in the Janner rallye and a few other things.  (skip to 1:15 for the action)

https://youtu.be/2ePy2zfTVwc?t=116

No Kubica next year, no Lotos so probably no Rally Poland :(
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/september-2016/2017-calendar/page/3911--12-12-.html

Microsoft to be Toyotas main partner NeXT season. This will be interesting

http://toyotagazooracing.com/release/2016/wrc/0929-01.html

Microsoft to be Toyotas main partner NeXT season. This will be interesting

http://toyotagazooracing.com/release/2016/wrc/0929-01.html

It looks awesome, it is the most agressive car up to now from what we saw in the videos, and with that livery I love it. But it is said it is the slower

@Fedemaisonnave how do you know it's slower? There was no competition yet, don't make quick judgments. VW was supposed to be slow in first 3 seasons too, and? ;)

Bit suprised about Microsoft...a bit not car-related company ;)

Sorry for the double post but I thought someone may actually be happy about that:

WRCPlus.com is available for all 3 October rallies for FREE.
Promo code: OCT2016