2020 FIA World Rally Championship

http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/volkswagen-still-working-on-privateer-polo-plan-for-2017-864722/
There's still a slim chance of seeing a new-spec Polo R this year, but All-Attiyah is no longer in talks with VW. 

Its shakedown and teams are running a strict allocation of Studded tyres.  Looks like the ex-VW guys are out to tickle their old ego's, where the smarter more comfortable and settled guys may be driving through shakedown to save the tyres?  (Meeke, Evans etc)

Fast and consistent from Ogier. It's only shakedown, but Ogier certainly gives the impression that he has a handle on the car. First clips from shakedown:

https://youtu.be/MckfjsazERM

Does anyone know if shakedown is being done on one of the new sections of road or not? As it's his home town you'd imagine he knows all these stages like the back of his hand.

From the clip Ogier looked like the only one who really pushed. Maybe him trying to put some respect into the other drivers, showing that he'll be a force to reckon with even with an unfamiliar car. All other 2017 cars with drivers to reckon with looks to be in the span of  2:24-2:29.... With the glaring exception of the Citroëns. Wonder how it'll all pan out. Exciting times :-D

No it's a 3.35 km separate piece of tarmac near the service park. Check https://www.rally-maps.com/Rallye-Monte-Carlo-2017 en tick all the days to see all stages on the map.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2017/monte-shakedown/page/4217--12-12-.html <- explains the Citroën times :-) They were on slicks to conserve tyres for the real stages.

Underkex said:
It's me or the Toyota looks bad? Not fast in corners, even understeering.
I have thought the Toyota has looked the least competent car throughout testing: I hope I'm proven wrong when they hit the stages!

Several were under steering through that first corner, however that was a driver choice with the setup/attitude of the car upon entry. 

tbtstt said:
Underkex said:
I have thought the Toyota has looked the least competent car throughout testing: I hope I'm proven wrong when they hit the stages!
The driver quotes in the 'preview mag' basically said they're not ready, they're using '17 to test and expect to be ready for '18.

tbtstt said:
Underkex said:
The driver quotes in the 'preview mag' basically said they're not ready, they're using '17 to test and expect to be ready for '18.
Interesting 

tbtstt said:
Underkex said:
That's also what VW said back in 2013 but everyone knows how their debut year ended ;)

Why don't they use the super compound found in DR? Tires that is great on tarmac but also lets you push on snow and ice? ;)

I think, although they wont be winning straight off, the Toyota will be surprising

He hit a spectator when he crashed out. I really hope it wasn't fatal, not a brilliant way to start a year at all.

https://youtu.be/VQJ1bVgDaJk

He hit no one.  Boy was still up the hill when the car settled

KevM said:

EDIT: After watching it few times in slower speed, I'm not so sure - it looks a bit like he got thrown so much that he landed few seconds after.... 
EDIT2: After watching it even more I'm concluding that he really hit him, really hard.

versedi said:
KevM said:

EDIT: After watching it few times in slower speed, I'm not so sure - it looks a bit like he got thrown so much that he landed few seconds after.... 
EDIT2: After watching it even more I'm concluding that he really hit him, really hard.
If you pause at 0:26, you can see the spectator in the air right next to the rear of Paddon's car.

0:54 -> photo of life, fu** life?
Really after a bridge, on an outside of a corner in a ditch 0,5m from road? That's called natural selection I guess. Sorry for Paddon :(