2020 FIA World Rally Championship

bogani said:
Hänninen also has surprising pace!                                                                               
Spoke too soon! Twitter is saying he's stopped in the stage
Yeah, 11.8km into SS5. Really sad, he had a surprisingly great start to the rally :(

Meeke out in SS5.  :( Not the pace I was hoping for from Evans either. Great drive from Neuville out front though and Tanak is going well! 

Toyota is reliant on latvala then! I remember hyundai's debut a few years back Thierry chew shed and sordo broke down, didn't make it through the first day! 

Monte has has been a bit chaotic so far, with Evans, Ogier and Lefrebrvevebe having offs. The atmosphere on the stages still looks in high spirits despite yesterday though 

tbtstt said:
Meeke out in SS5.  :( Not the pace I was hoping for from Evans either. Great drive from Neuville out front though and Tanak is going well! 
Might be that Evans isn't comfortable with the DMACKs.

But go Thierry! Great to see him taking time out of Ogier :-) 
Hope this level of attrition is over now, or we won't have anyone finishing the rally ;-)

bogani said:
When do WRC+ usually put up the onboards?
Some usually comes up late at the end of the day, but it depends. 

IMO this is not the best start at all for this WRC season. Only 8 cars left with 11 stages to go and already a huge gap between the 1st and the 4th (yes, I know that a lot can happen, this is rally, but with only 5 stages, it's a big difference (almost 1 minute and half)). Neuville and Tanak with a strong start, tho.

Great to see Ott owning Ogier in a like-for-like car :)

Thierry has always deserved a package that puts him at the top end of leaderboards.

Monte is a lot down to strategies and luck. Road positions make a big diiference, and so do tyres. It's very easy to gain and lose huge margins

Azoresst said:
IMO this is not the best start at all for this WRC season. Only 8 cars left with 11 stages to go and already a huge gap between the 1st and the 4th (yes, I know that a lot can happen, this is rally, but with only 5 stages, it's a big difference (almost 1 minute and half)). Neuville and Tanak with a strong start, tho.
Well it's not big surprise with new cars, and it is Monte with a lot of ice and snow after all :-) 

Azoresst said:
Sounds more like a DiRT Daily :)

The Red Bull TV coverage is really good, and they're just giving it away for free. More event-focused and less personality-shenanigans than the Red Bull Dakar Daily show. And with their Event Analyzer timeline-bookmarks, I can just watch their pre- and post-show segments, and watch WRC+ for everything else. This season is getting better and better (except for the spectator death

dwkGravey said:
The Red Bull TV coverage is really good, and they're just giving it away for free. More event-focused and less personality-shenanigans than the Red Bull Dakar Daily show. And with their Event Analyzer timeline-bookmarks, I can just watch their pre- and post-show segments, and watch WRC+ for everything else. This season is getting better and better (except for the spectator death
Shame they only show one stage live, everything else is day highlights in the evening. But can't complain considering the price ;)

Evans showing some pace today, good to see more drivers with stage winning speed :-)

Well the number 13 turn out to be very unlucky for Hyundai. Both Sordo and Neuville with problems.

So unfortunate for Neuville :-/                           

So it's back to normal. Ogier in the lead.

I'm so terribly tired of the inferior picture quality the WRC+ onboards offer. Even the highlight shows are nowhere close to HD. It's a compressed mess.

Yeah I must say that the picture quality for Monte has been exceptionally bad. Dunno what they've done.

I was really hoping for a Neuville win. Still, it would be nice to see m-sport get a 1-2! The Hyundai is looking like the better car so far though, looks very planted compared to the fiesta

I thought for sure the fastest guys here would be Neuville and Meeke with their having more time in the cars. Kinda excited for Latvala in 3rd though, hope he can hold it together.
I think its going to be an interesting season for sure.

Whilst driving on the road section between Gap and Monaco, Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle's Citroën C3 WRC was hit by another vehicle. With the rear right-hand wheel damaged, the car was unable to continue driving and so the crew has been forced to retire from what is proving to be a decidedly unpredictable Rallye Monte-Carlo.

Tomorrow, Stéphane Lefebvre and Gabin Moreau will therefore be the sole representatives of the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team. Meanwhile, Craig Breen and Scott Martin will be looking to hold onto their fourth place overall.

Is it me or is Monte extra icy this year.  Maybe i haven't paid so close attention in the past.  I guess bad tire choice and more power probably exaggerates that. 

KevM said:
Whilst driving on the road section between Gap and Monaco, Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle's Citroën C3 WRC was hit by another vehicle. With the rear right-hand wheel damaged, the car was unable to continue driving and so the crew has been forced to retire from what is proving to be a decidedly unpredictable Rallye Monte-Carlo.

Tomorrow, Stéphane Lefebvre and Gabin Moreau will therefore be the sole representatives of the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team. Meanwhile, Craig Breen and Scott Martin will be looking to hold onto their fourth place overall.

Let's sum this up: Meeke had to retire for the day after a quite innocent looking impact on day 1, lost over 20 minutes with electrical problems on day 2 and then got hit by another car in the evening and has to miss day 3 because there's no Rally 2 in Monte Carlo.

That's enough bad luck for at least three rallies...