2020 FIA World Rally Championship

Not reading too much into shakedown times, but here they are:

Good to see Östberg at the top, hopefully he'll be back to enjoying driving again with his new team. And Craig Breen isn't surprising to see in the top of shakedown, he has to be excited to get to drive the '17 spec car :-)

No big things to note otherwise. Ogiers times were quite a bit slower than he usually is in shakedown, so he either just took it careful or tried some settings I guess. 

bogani said:
I have small hunch Östberg can set some fast times!
I think so too. The '17 Fiesta does feel like a car that'll suit him well.

Ah, they were saving tyres.

https://twitter.com/MSportLtd/status/829639586531962880

Latvala taking the lead on the stadium track, and he seems to be in a real good mood. The commentators on swedish TV  kept talking about the Yaris being down on power, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. But the look on Latvalas face was not of someone in a car that's down on power :-) 

A bit worrying to see Paddon flailing about after getting close to the photographers on the inside of a corner. Hope he's not too shaken up to enjoy the rally.

Tomorrow will definitely be interesting, first true test of speed with everyone on equal terms (monte is a lot down to tyre choice and wear). I'm going to predict a Neuville win, but to be honest there are a lot of people who I feel could do it, pretty much everyone is looking like they have some sort of chance

Ohhhh... Latvala takes the lead after the first half of the day. Now that one I didn't expect!

Its brilliant in DR, I went to start the Event last night and ended up gutted that my 2010 car isnt upgraded or competitive YET.

Yikes, wonder how this happened for Östberg:
His car is missing its rear spoiler. "It came off when I was absolutely flat out in sixth gear."

From what I heard on wrc radio he had no idea what happened, and said he hadn't hit anything. I think his words were "it nearly fucking killed me!"

Yeah, that does sound a little worrying, especially if as he said he was flat out in a sixth gear corner, that's not a time when you want to lose all the downforce on the rear!

Yup. Imagine a huge jump with the rear aero missing while the massive front spoiler pushing the front down. I'm def watching Ostbergs onboard later on ;)

Ogier back to whining about being first on the road. Crying about the historic field making narrow lines.

When he wasn't whining about the road. First = whining. Not first = even more. 
few stages back:

"Finding the stage a very different challenge after the passage of the historic rally cars. "Their lines are so different It's almost undriveable. It's a big fight to keep the car in the lines."

When it looked like he was going to be at 8th for a while and I heard him whining about the road I was kind of hoping that he'd lose more time so he got 1st road position tomorrow aswell ;-)

Pleasantly surprised by the pace of the Toyota: as a car that many (including myself!) thought was underdeveloped, it doesn't seem to be lacking pace in the snow. 

Six stages in and it's looking close at the front: great stuff! 

tbtstt said:
Pleasantly surprised by the pace of the Toyota: as a car that many (including myself!) thought was underdeveloped, it doesn't seem to be lacking pace in the snow. 

Im in love with the sound.  Looks?  Hey, im not that shallow, its the personality that counts.  ;) 

sometimes i even cry at movies.  

Fast and furios movies make me cry... they are so awful, lol

gfRally said:
tbtstt said:

Im in love with the sound.  Looks?  Hey, im not that shallow, its the personality that counts.  ;) 
It looks like a shoebox, but it sounds superb, so I can forgive the aesthetics

If Neuville could keep this up all season, I think we might see an end of Ogier's reign

bogani said:
Yup. Imagine a huge jump with the rear aero missing while the massive front spoiler pushing the front down. I'm def watching Ostbergs onboard later on ;)
He's retired now because of it.  Surely they have a spare???