2020 FIA World Rally Championship

He posted on twitter, he seemed gutted obviously, but he still sounded positive of his performance from the last two events. Whilst it's not a great start to the season to go out on the first two events, it's not complete disaster, especially if he goes out and takes some power stage points tomorrow. He and the car are clearly very capable of winning rallies. and monte was the smallest of mistakes, one which could have happened anywhere else and not caused him any problems. Tomorrow will be interesting, I unfortunately won't be able to follow it love though :(

And @gfRally in answer to your earlier question, for following live, twitter and wrc radio are probably the best aside from any live broadcasts. Just follow as many people as you can who are tweeting about the WRC. It's the best way info spreads around

Will be quite an exciting day tomorrow now though. When was the last time we had three cars with a clear chance to win going into the last day? :-)

My heart says Latvala, but my brain thinks Ogier will take the win on the power stage with Latvala 3rd and Tänak 2nd.

Edit: But Latvala looks so relaxed and happy. And happy Latvala is fast Latvala...

Monte all over again. The same 5 drivers in the first 5 places. I hope Latvala or Tanak will make it, but my gut tells me the end result could be exactly the same as in Monte Carlo...

Thanks for the help, guys.   I figured out WRC+ btw, the layout isnt the best, but I understand now,  i'm doing monthly sub, ill keep it a couple months and see

Geez... Again? Neuville's cursed or What? :(

Tomorrow it will be a hell of a battle for 1st place, with 16 seconds separating the first 3.

Both Latvala and Tanak deserves to win, but most likely it will be Ogier again. We will see how tomorrow turns out...

Onboards are up on WRC+. Quite clearly a driver error from Neuville, he went in too tight into the lefthander and hit that stack of tyres quite hard.

Just saw another interview with Latvala. He looks... sly and happy. Whatever he says, he's going for that victory tomorrow. I just hope he won't overdrive and crasch out.

No, it seems a rock broke the direction of the Hyundai. Not Thierry's fault, the marshalls didn't clean the road after Hanninen threw the rock into the road.

Underkex said:
No, it seems a rock broke the direction of the Hyundai. Not Thierry's fault, the marshalls didn't clean the road after Hanninen threw the rock into the road.
Nah, there was no rock there. Check this just before the impact:

Just two stacks of tyres, no surprise rock. Then he goes straight into the second stack with the front:

The only concrete/rock that's there is firmly underneath that huge stack of tyres.

If there was a rock there there is no doubt Thierry would have been vocal about it.

So gutted for Neuville. But so excited for Toyota's chances on Sunday. Mostly gutted though.

Also great to see Ostberg enjoying himself again! It's been a couple years.

Looking good for Latvala. Fastest time for him by 7.1 seconds to Tänak in SS16 and leading by 10.9 seconds overall now! Toyota's first win might be closer than I thought...

I know I was cheering for tanak last night. But I completly welcome a toyota win. As long as Ogier does not win I'm happy :tongue:

As stupid as this may sound, unless Latvala as an off today, I don't believe that Mr. Ogier it's going flat to try and win. Maybe a PowerStage show down, but not more than that. Being so vocal about opening the roads, the best tactic for him will be secure the 3rd place finish in here and let Jari-Matti open the roads in Mexico!

Latvala is crushing Tanak and Ogier, seems like that Toyota isn't such a bad car after all compared to the others

Dytut said:
Toyota team is like a bunch of kids before christmas :-) 
They worked hard and deserve whatever success is coming to them.

The Corolla still looked better though.

fite me

Hats off to Latvala. He was nearly out of WRC a few months ago and now he leads the championship. He must feel reborn.

Yeah, Neuville hit a tyre barrier. Too bad.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128076

Very happy for Latvala, he deserves it.

Well done Toyota and JML - I thought that would be a driver on a downward spiral and a team with a car that would struggle to beat R5s. Very, very happy to be proven wrong and offer my apologies.

sqdstr said:
Latvala is crushing Tanak and Ogier, seems like that Toyota isn't such a bad car after all compared to the others
In my opinion they have the second car (after the Hyundai). Technical minor issues, very normal for a new team. If they continue improving and Neuville making mistakes... The Fiesta looks like a all-round car, as usual with M-Sport, but not spectacular. I don't know if they are going to progress as much as Citroen, Hyundai...

Dytut said:
Toyota team is like a bunch of kids before christmas :-) 
They worked hard and deserve whatever success is coming to them.

The Corolla still looked better though.

fite me

Ofc it does. I love the Corolla and the iconic livery. It's not hard to look better than the butt ugly Yaris though.

It' a really interesting season for sure and Mexico will pose a completely different challenge again with its gravel and high altitude. Definitely an improvement over the last years in terms of suspense and unpredictability. Good Thing!

Hope Citroën can step it up. Craig Breen's post rally interview says it all, the car just isn't as good as it should be. Hope they can dial it in and fix whatever it is that's not quite right.

But Latvala.. He really showed that the Yaris can be fast today. I wonder if Neuville would've been able to keep up with his pace today. Looking real interesting for the championship. But I do hope that Neuville manages to bring home some podium places now so that he can get in the championship. A fourway fight between Neuville, Ogier, Tänak and Latvala would be great for the sport.