DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

2020 FIA World Rally Championship

All chrome or all matte, I don't think the mix looks good in photos. Plus the new orange trim, it's too reminiscent of Ostberg's car. 

Still more interesting than Ogier's Fiesta though. 

dwkGravey said:
All chrome or all matte, I don't think the mix looks good in photos. Plus the new orange trim, it's too reminiscent of Ostberg's car. 

I thought Ogier's fiesta was the best of the M-Sport cars. As for best livery overall, I'm torn between OneBet, Ogier's Fiesta and the i20. Best looking car goes to the Yaris though. It's fierce!

dwkGravey said:

I thought Ogier's fiesta was the best of the M-Sport cars. As for best livery overall, I'm torn between OneBet, Ogier's Fiesta and the i20. Best looking car goes to the Yaris though. It's fierce!
Horses for courses. Blue/red/yellow is a nice mix of colours, but I don't find seeing the Red Bull logo for the millionth time very exciting. At least Torro Rosso has mixed things up with silver. I think Tanak has the best Fiesta this year, then Ostberg, Evans, Bertelli,  Ogier. 

I do agree though that the Yaris is the best-looking car, which is not something I ever thought I'd say in any context.

My bets on Neuville. Maybe literally, I may place a bet on it!

Am I the only one who doesn't like Bertelli's car? Not a fan of the Chrome, and I don't particularly like the bottom of it either
Sure it won't take Bertelli long to redecorate the car with some local colours.  ;)
dwkGravey said:
I don't know if I'd call it "uninteresting", but I think I can see where @dwkGravey is coming from.

I think the livery on Ogier's car blends really well with the lines of the car making it look a bit less mad, where as Ostberg, Tanak and Bertelli's livery all seem to exaggerate the wild aero of the Fiesta. I personally like the look of Ogier's Fiesta though!

dwkGravey said:
dwkGravey said:

Horses for courses. Blue/red/yellow is a nice mix of colours, but I don't find seeing the Red Bull logo for the millionth time very exciting. At least Torro Rosso has mixed things up with silver. I think Tanak has the best Fiesta this year, then Ostberg, Evans, Bertelli,  Ogier. 

I do agree though that the Yaris is the best-looking car, which is not something I ever thought I'd say in any context.
Gotta agree on the Yaris.  At first the rear wing had me a little iffy on it but it's grown on me.  It just looks aggressive and I like it.

Neuville fastest on shakedown in Mexico
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/march-2017/mexico-shakedown/page/4350--12-12-.html

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/citroen-s-poor-start-to-2017-down-to-lack-of-preparation-880720/

Soooo... Citroën, the team that probably spent the most time developing and testing their car misses out due to lack of preparation. Ah.. yes...

sqdstr said:
Neuville fastest on shakedown in Mexico
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/march-2017/mexico-shakedown/page/4350--12-12-.html
Once again Neuville seems to have the speed, he just needs to avoid solid objects. 

That's a bold statement from Citroen: if the car has been predominantly tested on gravel then it should be in it's element in Mexico. For Meeke's sake I really hope it does will this weekend. 

Yeah I hope Citroën bounces back on gravel, it'd be good for the championship to have all four marques to be up there. I hope every car gets a win this season, that'd be great for the future. Then Subaru and Skoda joins the 2019 season... one can dream :-)

Back to the halcyon days of ca. 1998 to 2003, with up to seven works teams in one season. That would be great indeed. And we need one italian manufacturer to add some more flair.

Just saw onboard from Meeke, and it did look much more settled and controllable than earlier.

Dytut said:
Just saw onboard from Meeke, and it did look much more settled and controllable than earlier.
Definitely, I think I watched the same video you did

Dytut said:
Definitely, I think I watched the same video you did

Where?!

Guys... 4am WET means 10am GMT? Transmission on RedBull TV starts 4am WET of next Saturday and i wanna try to watch...

Meeeeh. The morning loop of El chocolate has been cancelled, cars are still stuck around Mexico City apparently. 

Edit: Cars have arrived at Leon now, so the afternoon loop looks to be happening :-)

Ridiculous planning to have the stage so far away that the crews had to take a flight to get to it! And I know delays on the road aren't the organisers fault, but the cars should never have been that far away in the first place!

Ridiculous planning to have the stage so far away that the crews had to take a flight to get to it! And I know delays on the road aren't the organisers fault, but the cars should never have been that far away in the first place!
Absolutely! Piss poor planning from the organizers, stupid to deviate from the tried and tested format of previous years when it comes to the spectator stages. 

Apparently a crash on the main highway left it closed for 6 hours, which as I said I know is out of their control, but the cars should never have been that far away from the rally. According to google maps, Leon is 5 1/2 hours from Mexico City, which is probably going to be nearly 7 in a lorry

Apparently a crash on the main highway left it closed for 6 hours, which as I said I know is out of their control, but the cars should never have been that far away from the rally. According to google maps, Leon is 5 1/2 hours from Mexico City, which is probably going to be nearly 7 in a lorry
They should've at least driven the Mexico city stage earlier to have a greater margin. This was just stupid.

^^ That is ridiculous. That would only be acceptable if Rally Mexico was a rally from Léon to Mexico City!

Also, why is SS17 right outside the service park, and not the power stage? I'd think after the brilliant way Rally Sweden finished, every event would be scrambling to emulate that.

Let's add that to the "What the Heck is the FIA Doing in 2017?" list:
-Makes cars faster, then complains about cars being too fast in the straightest, fastest section of Sweden
-Puts spectator stage a plane flight's distance from the rest of the rally and lets local traffic decide who's car gets back in time

I'm hoping this list stays at 2 items. It may be a new season, but it's not like they haven't organized rallies before!

I am guessing the idea was to bump the economy of Mexico City or raise interest where there maybe less, or just plain politics.  None of which makes it a bright idea (or cost effective) to locate it THAT far.