2020 FIA World Rally Championship

Pretty much everyone having problems with the cars after el chocolate. Will be interesting to see tomorrown when it's a full day.

Yeah, seems everyone is over heating and having technical problems. Very odd. Over heating centre diff seems to have been a problem for at least one car from each manufacturer, and lots of drivers having to switch to road mode at some point in the stage to cool the car down. Bertelli is stopped from what looks like mechanical issues

Love Ogier's idea of just ignoring the warning and driving fast :-)

Dytut said:
Love Ogier's idea of just ignoring the warning and driving fast :-)
Meek is even faster :)

I'm not mechanically informed, but is the lack of ALS enough to drop four seconds on a SSS? I think that Latvala's lack of pace isn't purely related to his car. Still, go Sisu! He'll hopefully bounce back tomorrow, rejuvenated with a fixed Jaris.

I'm not mechanically informed, but is the lack of ALS enough to drop four seconds on a SSS? I think that Latvala's lack of pace isn't purely related to his car. Still, go Sisu! He'll hopefully bounce back tomorrow, rejuvenated with a fixed Jaris.
Absolutely. Without ALS a turbo will be slower to spool and off throttle response will be greatly reduced. Given the new regulations, my assumption is that they are running bigger turbos for 2017, which would exacerbate the problem even further.

Wow, went to bed yesterday thinking, the Hyundai look good in 3rd, 4th and 5th place. Not so good now. Any idea what happened to their engines? They won't have overheated on street courses. Something fuel-related? Strange.

So, the C3 has suddenly come out on top!? Don't know whether that's Road position or what, but that's looking very interesting now that all cars are winning stages

Meeke will be fine until someone (Ogier) starts to find his stride and closes the gap.  The C3 will need a shell at that point or soon after  :(

tbtstt said:
Absolutely. Without ALS a turbo will be slower to spool and off throttle response will be greatly reduced. Given the new regulations, my assumption is that they are running bigger turbos for 2017, which would exacerbate the problem even further.
Turbos are the same, it's the restrictor that has been increased from 33 to 36mm

YoMrWhite said:

Wow, went to bed yesterday thinking, the Hyundai look good in 3rd, 4th and 5th place. Not so good now. Any idea what happened to their engines? They won't have overheated on street courses. Something fuel-related? Strange.

Official word is some form of misfiring for all their cars. Maybe engine set up to handle the heat of the day stages, but struggling in the colder and shorter evening?

Watching the results for the SS9 it'll be interesting to see the battle between Ogier and Meeke!

Great time by Sordo on SS9. Too bad he lost 10 minutes yesterday. He was actually doing a good job with a road position that was worse than that of his teammates.

Go Meeke, Go!!
Citroen needs a good result at Mexico, to put them back on track.

This always makes me laugh:

SS10: Bertelli - Live tracking shows him stopped at 19,5 km.

Seriously, how often do we have to read this? Maybe he and his team should focus on driving and proper preparation of the car instead of fancy liveries...

Unsurprisingly, Lefebvre and Bertelli screwed.

From how happy Latvala sounds, I'd say the Yaris is the biggest victim of power loss at altitude. He sounds confident and cheerful, so his lesser performance is definitely not a lack of feeling.

Underkex said:
Any else having problems with Redbull.tv?
No, not me. I've been watching without any issues.

Underkex said:
Alf72 said:
Underkex said:
Any else having problems with Redbull.tv?
No, not me. I've been watching without any issues.
Oh, thanks, It was my adblock.
Yeah I had to turn off uBlock Origin on Redbull.tv, which I hadn't had to before.

YoMrWhite said:

Seriously, how often do we have to read this? Maybe he and his team should focus on driving and proper preparation of the car instead of fancy liveries...

To be fair, he's only there for his own enjoyment. He's not trying to win, and he doesn't seem to be aiming for a manufacturers drive. If you have the money to do it, then fair enough!

YoMrWhite said:

To be fair, he's only there for his own enjoyment. He's not trying to win, and he doesn't seem to be aiming for a manufacturers drive. If you have the money to do it, then fair enough!

I don't expect him to win or compete for the top five and I actually think it's good to have some privateers in the top class. I just think he should make some kind of progress. Look at someone like Henning Solberg: He's certainly most entertaining when he has a drive but mostly manages to stay on the road.

And what kind of enjoyment can you get out of rolling again and again?

I'd be pretty happy to just be competing on the world rally championship, flying all over the world with the best drivers! 

Beautiful battle this Mexico Rally, not so much for the rally win but stage wins are being very interesting. Very very glad the 4 teams are at similar level, right now there are 6 or 7 drivers who can win any rally. Exciting season!!!

Oh man Kris you lucky .... !! No one can disagree this season is really emotional :D