2020 FIA World Rally Championship

Holy crap, that was an amazing finish.  Kris is one lucky, lucky man right now.

Jesus, he really likes to keep his boss on the edge... Good he kept on pushing in the first stage of the day.

For those who didn't watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mRoZBmnbPU                           

Dytut said:
Well that one really was for Colin ;-)  
Seriously, channeling Colin for the finish there.

Why the hell did he turn left and took that tour through the car park instead of just trying to get back on the road again? Any ideas?

Seriously, I hope the FIA doesn't come up with some kind of penalty for that...

Finally Neuville finishes a rally, in 3rd even with maximum powerstage points.
I hope this will bring him back on track now like his win in Sardinia last year did.

I'm betting he got disoriented going through the light foliage.

Pretty incredible finish to the rally. Great to see the C3 delivering on gravel and both Meeke and Neuville with a decent result. Would be good to see the top of the table close up more, but I'm perhaps being a little demanding there: this season continues to deliver on the early promise, fingers crossed it stays this way!

I think he was pretty disorientated at that point.

Scyy said:
I'm betting he got disoriented going through the light foliage.

You're probably right. And maybe he initially thought the car was done. That could have easily damaged the wheels or the suspension.

Anyway, the season looks promising. Ogier's in front as always, but we have 3 winners in 3 different cars after 3 rallies. And I somehow believe Citroen and Hyundai might have more potential to make further progress through the season than M-Sport. Not so sure about Toyota.

I have a feeling we're gonna see lots of different winners, Ogier still winning WDC though just because hes so consistent and will always podium even if he doesn't win.

I'm pretty gutted, my livestream kept freezing and there was something starting on tv that I wanted to watch, so I stopped watching and followed it on twitter instead! Oh well, still ridiculous! I bet meeke was on a hell of an adrenaline rush, he tweeted a photo of a toilet roll after the stage! 

With the camera flying around, I thought for sure Meeke had rolled. My wife came downstairs right at that moment to find me standing up with my hands on my head.

Pretty good season so far! :lol:

The chopper footage shows how flipping close he was to flying straight into a spectator's car. Unbelievably lucky!

edgenz said:
The chopper footage shows how flipping close he was to flying straight into a spectator's car. Unbelievably lucky!
I still can't believe this is the worst that came of it:

https://twitter.com/IvanOrdazGP/status/841025244496244736

dwkGravey said:
edgenz said:
I still can't believe this is the worst that came of it:

https://twitter.com/IvanOrdazGP/status/841025244496244736

wow!

He was bloody lucky, as was the cameraman and any spectators in the area. That person will be parking there car a little further away from the stage next time!

He was bloody lucky, as was the cameraman and any spectators in the area. That person will be parking there car a little further away from the stage next time!
I'd love to hear the call between that owner and the insurance company.

"And where was the vehicle? ...an off road car park? I see. And do you have the registration number of the vehicle that hit you?"

Britpoint said:
I'd love to hear the call between that owner and the insurance company.

"And where was the vehicle? ...an off road car park? I see. And do you have the registration number of the vehicle that hit you?"

At least he got plenty of coverage of the accident including air and onboard camera :D

Question: what would YOU do with that bumper?  Have it signed?  Ebay it?  

Meeke is a good boy! Been a busy weekend so not kept up with it much but that route through the car park to then win the rally was such a Colin thing to do!

gfRally said:
Question: what would YOU do with that bumper?  Have it signed?  Ebay it?  
I'd Ebay it, then use the money to pay for the repair of the f**ked rear end of my car! 

I have rewatched the clip multiple times now and Meeke was so lucky, that could so easily have been a retirement there. Fair play to Citroen, the C3 may have some handling issues on other surfaces, but it seems to be a tough car. 

Three different winners, from three different manufacturers in the first three rounds. Tarmac next, I wonder who will perform best?