2020 FIA World Rally Championship

So, stage 2, Paddon rolled but finished the stage, Ogier went into a ditch after a pacenotes error and elfyn leads!

Paddon, oh Paddon. I so want him to regain his confidence, but it's just not going well :-/

But great to see Elfyn at the top, let's just hope the DMack's won't let him down.

After SS3 Evans and Mads are leading over Ogier and Tänak :dizzy:  :D So much is happening already, mistakes, technical issues, setup issues... oh my oh my.  @KickUp  Will Codemasters make sale weekend for D4  if  the rally would end 1.Evans 2. Meek ?

juu1ius said:

After SS3 Evans and Mads are leading over Ogier and Tänak :dizzy:  :D So much is happening already, mistakse technical issues, setup issues... oh my oh my.  @KickUp  Will Codemasters make sale weekend for D4  if  the rally would end 1.Evans 2. Meek ?

Wat?

Well... Meeke has stopped on SS4, so that's not happening... 

And while I write this it looks like Breen has stopped aswell. 

Neuville lost 20 seconds from his broken damper.

Both Toyotas has lost their front splitters, and Hänninen down on power.

Soooo... well. Let's see if anyone get's through at all this year ;-)

But as long as Latvala can keep Ogier behind him this championship is alive, so hope he can keep it up :-)

Sordo, Breen, Meeke, Paddon, Hanninen with crashes and serious mechanical problems, to a lesser degree also Neuville... That is some carnage we have after just four stages. This new generation of cars seems quite demanding and outright treacherous.

If that continues, I'm betting on Tidemand getting onto the podium. Or maybe Bertelli, if he can keep it on the road...

https://twitter.com/ChristianWRC1/status/857966429911568384

Ouchies!

But let's see, the top runners who haven't had massive crashes or failures:

1.3GBRE. EVANSGBRD. BARRITTM-SPORT WORLD RALLY TEAMMRC138:40.6
2.10FINJ. LATVALAFINM. ANTTILATOYOTA GAZOO RACING WRTMRC139:04.2+23.6+23.6
3.14NORM. OSTBERGNORO. FLOENEM-SPORT WORLD RALLY TEAMRC139:12.8+8.6+32.2
4.2ESTO. TANAKESTM. JARVEOJAM-SPORT WORLD RALLY TEAMMRC139:14.0+1.2+33.4
5.1FRAS. OGIERFRAJ. INGRASSIAM-SPORT WORLD RALLY TEAMMRC139:16.3+2.3+35.7
6.5BELT. NEUVILLEBELN. GILSOULHYUNDAI MOTORSPORTMRC139:28.6+12.3+48.

Still quite open here. One small mistake or part failure and it's all gone. Neuville lost at least 20 seconds from his damper failure.

YoMrWhite said:

Or maybe Bertelli, if he can keep it on the road...

This has to be the most optimistic thing I've read this year! 

It has been terrible, even for Argentina. Let's hope that new Dmack tires lasts on the second loop. 

tbtstt said:

YoMrWhite said:

Or maybe Bertelli, if he can keep it on the road...

This has to be the most optimistic thing I've read this year! 

You know it's been a rough days rallying when that is your hope!

juu1ius said:

It has been terrible, even for Argentina. Let's hope that new Dmack tires lasts on the second loop. 

Too bad Ken Block isn't running, hes used to driving on bad tires.  :lol:

Think this is a correct roundup!

meeke- crashed (looks like he rolled) and retired
breen- gearbox and retired
Paddon- rolled
sordo- engine trouble
neuville- broken damper
latvala- broken splitter
hanninen- broken splitter and engine trouble
ogier- in ditch

did I miss anything?

So did Lefebvre really miss his flight? That's what I heard at Motorsport Forums. Really embarrassing.

Also, if Latvala finishes second or first and Ogier finishes either seventh or fourth, Latvala will go back into the lead of the championship! YEEEEEES! I wouldn't be disappointed if he finishes second at the expense of Evans, though. That would be seriously cool.

Latvala and his Jaris are a match made in heaven.

So did Lefebvre really miss his flight? That's what I heard at Motorsport Forums. Really embarrassing.

Also, if Latvala finishes second or first and Ogier finishes either seventh or fourth, Latvala will go back into the lead of the championship! YEEEEEES! I wouldn't be disappointed if he finishes second at the expense of Evans, though. That would be seriously cool.

Latvala and his Jaris are a match made in heaven.

Haven't heard that, he did the recce, I don't think he was ever supposed to be doing to rally

Elfyn is on fire all of a sudden! Hope he can carry it through the rest of the weekend, but I've probably spoken too soon!

Elfyn is on fire all of a sudden! Hope he can carry it through the rest of the weekend, but I've probably spoken too soon!

Him and Mads are quite the surprises for me.

3.7 seconds separating Latvala - Tänak - Neuville - Ogier after SS7 in P3-P6, and they're all in striking distance of Östberg in P2. We're in for a fight :-D

Paddon showing great pace - gutted. Would be a great fight between him and Evans if he hadn't have rolled.

Evans and Dmack are doing great job, benefiting both from starting position and good tire. If hard compound is as good and tolerates higher temperatures better than last year, will/can M-Sport change tires manufacturer for certain rallies?  Too bad for Latvala,  but 2-5 are having big fight. 

edgenz said:

Paddon showing great pace - gutted. Would be a great fight between him and Evans if he hadn't have rolled.

To finish first, you first have to finish! Old rally saying.

cjl9 said:
edgenz said:

To finish first, you first have to finish! Old rally saying.

Never heard that one... cheers bro.

Except for Elfyn, the rollercoaster continues. Latvala gets a big puncture on SS8 and drops 30 seconds. Tänak also stricken with a smaller puncture, and goes down to 5th. Still just 40 seconds between 2nd and 6th, so anything can happen. Wonder how Elfyn and his DMacks will hold up to road sweeping tomorrow.