2020 FIA World Rally Championship

Gaaaaah! Elfyn drops 2 seconds on SS16 without brakes for half the stage. 

I can never work out the wrc time zone thing. It says the live powerstage is 15:00 utc, which according to google is also 15:00 GMT. But from what I can make out the penultimate stage starts 14:56 GMT, so I'm a bit confused? I guess the powestage is an hour later than what google thinks!

It starts in 1 hour and 46 minutes.

On Wrc livepage you can see local rally time and work it out from it :-) 

https://twitter.com/mzldeportes/status/858687597605945344

Heres an obaord of meeke, I counted 6 or 7 high speed rolls

0.6sec difference between Evans & Neuville with 1 stage to go...
That's gonna be a hell of a powerstage!

I know, going to be on the edge of my seat for this! I want Elfyn to win, but at the same time I wouldn't mind if Neuville took it. That will help to open the championship up

Yeeeeeeeeeessssssss Neuville wins it all!!!!!
Man I thought my heart was gonna pound right out of mu chest...

Oh nooooo!! 0.7 seconds.

That was a hell of a fight! Too bad we don't have a 5th winner this year but I'm kinda glad for Thierry and for the championship standings. 

The season is getting better each rally!

Evans had a lot of luck on that bridge but it probably also costed him that precious second...

I wanted Neuville to win. But I still feel bad that Evans didn't win. But he has nothing to be ashamed of. It was a brilliant drive from the both of them

Great for the championship to see Neuville win and it was well deserved. But Elfyn deserved a win... Wonder if he'll wander off and beat a bridge to death tonight.

Nooooo, Evans!

What a rally. Couldn't have asked for better, really. El Condor was surreal! I climbed up into the valley twice and my legs are killing me now.  Paddon, Latvala, Ostberg and Tanak all put on a hell of a sideways show on the Power Stage! Truly a rally to remember. 

For those who wanted pictures, I'll upload a Google photos album link later. I have too many to pick winners from!

Nooooo, Evans!

What a rally. Couldn't have asked for better, really. El Condor was surreal! I climbed up into the valley twice and my legs are killing me now.  Paddon, Latvala, Ostberg and Tanak all put on a hell of a sideways show on the Power Stage! Truly a rally to remember. 

For those who wanted pictures, I'll upload a Google photos album link later. I have too many to pick winners from!

We're (at least I am) waiting too see them in near future :) I know how long getting through them can take... :P

Nooooo, Evans!

You're lucky to be there! Beautiful country and great stages, although a little tough for anything other than a world rally car!

This season keeps delivering. Fantastic rally, really commendable work by Evans and Dmack, glad to see Evans making good use of his WRC seat. And like Sweden, great to see Ostberg enjoying himself again.

Looks like Meeke is still using those Dirt Rally aero physics. That C3 sure holds on to its diffuser though, I wonder if Ostberg is taking notes. And I wonder how hard is Citroën going to push to sign Mikkelsen now..?

Happy Hyundai got the points, but gutted for Evans. I'm sure his time will come though.
What a rally. Argentina cements its place as the highlight of the calendar for me. 
Feel for Meeke - that's gotta hurt bad after all the team's hard work to get him back out there.

Nooooo, Evans!

You're lucky to be there! Beautiful country and great stages, although a little tough for anything other than a world rally car!

Very tough indeed. We parked on the side of the highway on our way to El Condor and we nearly got stuck in a sandy ditch on our way out, and the lack of cellular data at the stages had me gobbling up all the day's information back at the hotel. It left me guessing why Bertelli didn't show up at the power stage.

Bloody hell, that was close! Seems the Fords have been having the most mechanical problems, I wonder if Evans would have won it if he hadn't had brake and temperature issues. Regardless, I think he would have had it if he hadn't clipped the bridge.

Glad to see that so many different drivers are running at the top of the boards in each event this year. It's so much more fun to watch with that extra unpredictability.

Nooooo, Evans!

Very tough indeed. We parked on the side of the highway on our way to El Condor and we nearly got stuck in a sandy ditch on our way out, and the lack of cellular data at the stages had me gobbling up all the day's information back at the hotel. It left me guessing why Bertelli didn't show up at the power stage.

Normally when that happens you shouldn't have to guess! This was a rare occasion when it wasn't his own fault!

Watched the side by side onboards from the power stage. Neuville was a little hesitant in the middle and that's where he lost about 3 seconds, but he was taking time out of Evans and was under 2 seconds behind at the bridge impact. After that they were pretty much the same speed.

I didn't know that a former SRTUSA team member was now part of Toyota Gazoo WRC team.

https://youtu.be/5lYOCaJsdBo

Great guy, talked to him many times.  I surprised him when i asked him to sign a poster next to David Higgins/Craig Drew ..  he was the team Principal after all and reminded him that i thought highly of his contrabutions after watching him at a service stop.

oh yeah at 1:27 one of US/Canada's favorite and most successful codrivers (Natalie Richard) briefly gets on camera,  as always grinning big.

https://twitter.com/rallysolo/status/859071601287073794

The one one everyone has been waiting for

:open_mouth:                     

I apologize to Meeke for throwing shade in my last post. ;) World Rally Blog has a cogent analysis of the C3, and I don't know if you could blame anyone for crashing it.

So, how is it that Citroën had a whole year to work exclusively on the C3, and has come out with the worst car? Hyundai built two new cars in the last two years and are almost leading the championship.