2020 FIA World Rally Championship

I think looking at that 'thing' just gave me cancer.

Scyy said:

Heal yourself with buffer/healer/supporter. 

edit:

fun stops, [*] tragedy in Russia while testing, 

Alexey Lukyanuk will probably skip Acropol due to broken leg. That's nothing with death of Alexey Lyadukhin

Translator:

Today during tests in pskov region there was an accident involving two rally vehicles. Alexey Lyadukhin died.
Alexei Lukʹyanyuk, Nikita Gergelʹ and viacheslav kucherov with injuries taken to the hospital.
The facts are.

Today during the tests in Pskov region of Russia two rally cars crashed. Alexey Ljaduhin died in the accident.
Alexey Lukyanuk, Nikita Gergel and Vjacheslav Kucherov were injured. 

versedi said:

Scyy said:

Heal yourself with buffer/healer/supporter. 

edit:

fun stops, [*] tragedy in Russia while testing, 

Alexey Lukyanuk will probably skip Acropol due to broken leg. That's nothing with death of Alexey Lyadukhin

Translator:

Today during tests in pskov region there was an accident involving two rally vehicles. Alexey Lyadukhin died.
Alexei Lukʹyanyuk, Nikita Gergelʹ and viacheslav kucherov with injuries taken to the hospital.
The facts are.

Today during the tests in Pskov region of Russia two rally cars crashed. Alexey Ljaduhin died in the accident.
Alexey Lukyanuk, Nikita Gergel and Vjacheslav Kucherov were injured. 

What? I'm confused now. This happened today? What I'm I looking at?

versedi said:

Two cars crashing into each other at a testing stage in Russia. 

Why where they so close together?

Just a wild guess since I don't really know what has actually happened but I guess there has been a misinformation by the test stage organizers and the cars have started from both ends of the stage at the same time and crashed at some point... Very unfortunate news (a similar situation happened last year in Finland too) :(

Jepsertti said:

versedi said:

Just a wild guess since I don't really know what has actually happened but I guess there has been a misinformation by the test stage organizers and the cars have started from both ends of the stage at the same time and crashed at some point... Very unfortunate news (a similar situation happened last year in Finland too) :(

That would be my guess as well considering the extreme front end damage on both of the cars.

Jepsertti said:

versedi said:

Oh my gosh! Thats insane. I'm really sorry for all the loss. It could have been avoidable but if was just a freak accident. Wrong place at the wrong time.

they started from the same direction, one turned around in the middle of the test for some reason and collision happened. One of  the co-driver is dead, other three are in hospital but not in critical condition. Why the car turned around or which one was it, is still unclear. I would guess that, one of them made a hard spin and just got lost and drive in wrong direction :(

Oh shit. I've watchef lots of Lukyanuk onboards lately :(

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/m-sport-willing-to-aid-ogier-with-team-order-907342/

While I understand that they might use team orders if necessary, I was still hoping that they wouldn't since I always find it ridiculing the sport itself.

Dytut said:

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/m-sport-willing-to-aid-ogier-with-team-order-907342/

While I understand that they might use team orders if necessary, I was still hoping that they wouldn't since I always find it ridiculing the sport itself.

I this happens I hope Tanak or Evans does a McRae and ignores them

The only time in a season where I can understand the need for team orders is at the end of it. When one driver is in clear contention for the title, where every single point counts, and the other driver is out of it.
But so early in the season? We've only had 5 rallies out of 13, it's ridiculous.
By doing that he's effectively saying that only Ogier matters and Tanak doesn't. That's just sad.

Team orders is just a polite way of saying we found a loop hole and are able to cheat and falsify results. Team orders should be banned from the sport to be honest. If team orders result in a driver winning the title then that driver doesn't deserve that title. That's my opinion.

Damnit, Paddon takes the lead on SS2 and then the engine stops on SS3... Still in the game, but it's kind of symptomatic of his season :-/

Damn, 3 Drivers with the same time on SS4 Meeke, Tanak and Breen all with 19:14.0 exciting stuff. 

Edit: just heard on wrc radio, going into 3 decimals Tanak is actually fastest.

Did we mention that it's tight this year? Top 8 after SS4:

1.10FINJ. LATVALAFINM. ANTTILATOYOTA GAZOO RACING WRTMRC148:07.1
2.7GBRK. MEEKEIRLP. NAGLECITROËN TOTAL ABU DHABI WRTMRC148:07.6+0.5+0.5
3.2ESTO. TANAKESTM. JARVEOJAM-SPORT WORLD RALLY TEAMMRC148:08.3+0.7+1.2
4.8IRLC. BREENGBRS. MARTINCITROËN TOTAL ABU DHABI WRTMRC148:08.5+0.2+1.4
5.1FRAS. OGIERFRAJ. INGRASSIAM-SPORT WORLD RALLY TEAMMRC148:11.9+3.4+4.8
6.4NZLH. PADDONGBRS. MARSHALLHYUNDAI MOTORSPORTMRC148:17.3+5.4+10.2
7.5BELT. NEUVILLEBELN. GILSOULHYUNDAI MOTORSPORTMRC148:17.4+0.1+10.3
8.6ESPD. SORDOESPM. MARTIHYUNDAI MOTORSPORTMRC148:17.8+0.4+10.7

So 10.7 seconds between them, that can happen on a single really good stage.

Lefberevrenebe rolled but still going, held up lappi unfortunately

https://twitter.com/paddocknews/status/865528205037281283

I get  having a french driver is important for Citröen but this is starting to get ridiculous. 

It's stupid when Mikkelsen is still sidelined! Nothing against Stephane, but he's hot fast enough and he hasn't improved enough in his time at Citroen 

It's stupid when Mikkelsen is still sidelined! Nothing against Stephane, but he's hot fast enough and he hasn't improved enough in his time at Citroen 

Similar situation with Hanninen in Toyota.

He's the slowest today. Even Lappi is faster than him even though it's his first rally in Toyota.