2020 FIA World Rally Championship

It's stupid when Mikkelsen is still sidelined! Nothing against Stephane, but he's hot fast enough and he hasn't improved enough in his time at Citroen 

I think Citroen should reactivate Carlos Sainz. Hey, it worked in 2005!

It's damn confusing with these tight runs! I keep looking at the times and thinking "Oh dear, Neuville is far behind in 8th". Then realize he's just 12s off the lead.

SS7 is wreaking havoc on the field. Latvala rolls, Meeke and Paddon stop... I somehow knew it wouldn't stay so tight at the top for much longer.

"At beginning of the stage, in the second braking, the car didn't stop. I don't know why, felt strange. We hit a bank, onto two wheels and we rolled. We damaged the exhaust and had to use road mode." is what latvala said after SS7, Meeke had a puncture and suspension damage, Paddon had a mechanical failure where the car stopped and they couldnt get it started again for a long time.

Poor Latvala with that roll. He was doing so well too. I'm hoping Tanak can keep this pace as it would be awesome for him to get his first win.

is it just me or this season is more and more exciting with every rally. When Neuville get's back his lost time, the top4 will be in 5 seconds.

Best case scenario: Ogier retires, Tänak wins the rally, Latvala wins the power stage. Unfortunately it's pretty much guaranteed that Latvala will drop to third in the standings by now :(

I was so excited this morning to see that for the first time in years Latvala was leading a rally owing to his own raw pace only. At least this crashing out of the lead means real Latvala is back :)

Part of me wants latvala to win the drivers championship but the other part of me wants msport to finally win a drivers title after the several extremely close calls over the years.

All that being said considering this was basically a test year for Toyota I hope latvala can keep this form and really challenge next year.

I feel I should thank whoever made the decision to show the entire 2017 season on Redbull TV. The coverage is really great, it's free, and I don't need a VPN to watch it. Plus, it's encouraged me to watch some other Redbull shows, so I guess that means the marketing is working! 

Today was exciting, but a little bit of a bummer. It sucks to see Meeke and Paddon both having troubles again, and that roll from Latvala was frustrating. I'm glad he didn't end up out of the rally at least. I imagine the top spots will be changing hands quite a bit this weekend, so who knows what might happen.

It's also really great to see Carlo Sainz again!

BadD0g said:

I feel I should thank whoever made the decision to show the entire 2017 season on Redbull TV. The coverage is really great, it's free, and I don't need a VPN to watch it. Plus, it's encouraged me to watch some other Redbull shows, so I guess that means the marketing is working! 

Today was exciting, but a little bit of a bummer. It sucks to see Meeke and Paddon both having troubles again, and that roll from Latvala was frustrating. I'm glad he didn't end up out of the rally at least. I imagine the top spots will be changing hands quite a bit this weekend, so who knows what might happen.

It's also really great to see Carlo Sainz again!

The Red Bull coverage is spot on, although it sucks that previous rallies aren't available after they end. At least I haven't been able to find the old broadcasts:(

The struggle:
-Want M-sport to win a title
-Dont want Ogier to win another!

I wouldn't mind if he wins it this year. Not many have achieved it with different manufacturers. Something that makes him better than Loeb in my eyes.

juu1ius said:

The struggle:

I wouldn't mind if he wins it this year. Not many have achieved it with different manufacturers. Something that makes him better than Loeb in my eyes.

Not if Ogier will need team orders to do so.
And about Loeb, u can't compare since he's always stayed at Citroen. He never had a reason to switch teams because Citroen simply were the best untill he stopped.

https://twitter.com/otttanak/status/865886228310355969

Lost over a minute on SS12 :disappointed: Very unfortunate... Ogier's leading now by almost 20 seconds.

sqdstr said:

juu1ius said:

The struggle:

And about Loeb, u can't compare since he's always stayed at Citroen. He never had a reason to switch teams because Citroen simply were the best untill he stopped.

Malcolm said he would consider it depending on the situation. Not that they were actively doing it.

juu1ius said:

The struggle:

Loeb won three titles, 04 05 and 06, with a car that wasn't made specifically for him, like the C4 and the DS3. He even won without racing in the final four rallies.

juu1ius said:

The struggle:

Loeb won three titles, 04 05 and 06, with a car that wasn't made specifically for him, like the C4 and the DS3. He even won without racing in the final four rallies.

I'm well aware of that. Citroen was always most reliable or the best overall car. But it's just my opinion.  

Anyways, poor Paddon, he just so unlucky this year ...

Scyy said:

sqdstr said:

juu1ius said:

The struggle:

Malcolm said he would consider it depending on the situation. Not that they were actively doing it.

I didn't say team orders are already in use, I said that if he WILL need them. :smile:

sqdstr said:

Scyy said:

sqdstr said:

juu1ius said:

The struggle:

I didn't say team orders are already in use, I said that if he WILL need them. :smile:

Fair enough.

The picture quality WRC produces is truly garbage. So badly compressed. 

Aye, he won yet again. Must say it was a real good effort from him, very consistent and no mistakes. 

Fortunately Neuville managed to minimize the damage by 2nd place and 4 power stage points, so the championship isn't settled yet.

Was good to see that Paddon was on pace again, but his string of rotten luck just continues. Hope he gets a few good rallies at the end of the season. Was also nice to see that Latvala could keep pace with the rest, was worried that the Yaris felt a bit too slow. Good to see Lappi on pace also, nice progress throughout the rally and some quite nice times on sunday.

So Mikkelsen is getting a drive in a C3 in Italy, replacing a certain frenchman. About time if you ask me