2020 FIA World Rally Championship

bogani said:
edgenz said:
hooooooly sheeeeeeeit 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPxFmYVsGaE

body 18 characters too short
Dust is one thing @urgaffel, but creating the barrage of gravel thrown from the tires would be great challenge for you ;)
I know I know... It's one of those things that look really simple but when you actually try to make it turns out to be REALLY hard :(

urgaffel said:
bogani said:
edgenz said:
hooooooly sheeeeeeeit 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPxFmYVsGaE

body 18 characters too short
Dust is one thing @urgaffel, but creating the barrage of gravel thrown from the tires would be great challenge for you ;)
I know I know... It's one of those things that look really simple but when you actually try to make it turns out to be REALLY hard :(
Looks so damn cool though!

Going to be fun to see if Paddon will be back in form now. He was seriously fast in Portugal. I was rather surprised to hear that he tried to change his driving style to the car instead of the other way around. The '17 cars feel like they should be more tuneable to the driver with the active center diff.

Dytut said:
Going to be fun to see if Paddon will be back in form now. He was seriously fast in Portugal. I was rather surprised to hear that he tried to change his driving style to the car instead of the other way around. The '17 cars feel like they should be more tuneable to the driver with the active center diff.
I believe he's been trying to learn a cleaner style for about a year now, but has decided to screw it and go back to full Colin mode. Won't be great for tire conservation - but he'll hopefully be back to his best. 

Wonder how Sardegna will pan out.

I suspect we will have a repeat of Portugals day one, with the usual suspects quite close and probably mistakes and car problems that will make the big difference. I won't even wager a guess as to standings in the end, other than that Ogier and Neuville will probably both be on the podium.

Will be interesting to see how Mikkelsen will do. I don't think he can challenge for the podium, but I wouldn't be surprised if he snatches P4-6. Hope Paddon gets a gremlin free rally, he deserves a break now. 

https://twitter.com/HMSGOfficial/status/872764412125425664

As usual, shakedowns don't mean much. But it's good to see Lappi up there, shows he's meaning to push a bit this time. Mikkelsen is on pace, so also nice to see. Only weird thing was Otts rather slow times, hope there isn't anything wrong with his car.

@Dytut Ott had an issue with his power steering on the first run and he was saving his tyres on the last two.

Ah, tire saving strategies again. I kind of feel like they should get a dedicated set to use for shakedown that isn't part of the full rally strategy.

Dytut said:
Ah, tire saving strategies again. I kind of feel like they should get a dedicated set to use for shakedown that isn't part of the full rally strategy.
Ya I think that would be a good idea. That's kind of how F1 does it with the dedicated Q3 tire. That way the rally drivers could use there dedicated shakedown tire and push their car to see if there is any problems.

Citroens disastrous season continues, Mikkelsen is fastest of them all but he's well off the pace. I'm glad for Esapekka Lappi first stage win and hopefully  Paddons bad luck is past now so he Tänak can have a good fight :)

Impressive pace by Hänninen so far!               

Aaaaand Meeke crashes again, while Breen damages the gearbox on a jump. Awful.

Okay, the car may be difficult to drive, but that's no excuse. They had a full year of testing to find this out. What were they doing in 2016?

YoMrWhite said:

Aaaaand Meeke crashes again, while Breen damages the gearbox on a jump. Awful.

Okay, the car may be difficult to drive, but that's no excuse. They had a full year of testing to find this out. What were they doing in 2016?

Idd, Meek has had 7 rallies and 7 crashes so far. Actually 2 in Argentina  :open_mouth: 

Meeke doesn't deserve his drive anymore. I'm sorry: he's quick and likeable, but you just can't crash eight times in seven rallies. He needs to go.

As for happy things, LAPPI! He's so damn cool. "Tell Tommi that 5 gears is enough!".

Latvala seems in a great position to attack tomorrow, with a great battle with Neuville looking likely.

Also quite surprised by Ogier's lack of pace and Hanninen's actual pace. Special rally :smiley:

I don't agree on Meeke needing to go.  The Citroen is obviously unstable when driven fast, but because he's a Colin style driver, he will be pushing it too much in order to keep up.
Breen is more cautious his times and lesser damage reflect this.

But yeah, what *were* they doing last year?  Maybe it's the pace, didn't know how fast they'd need to push I guess?

I don't agree on Meeke needing to go.  The Citroen is obviously unstable when driven fast, but because he's a Colin style driver, he will be pushing it too much in order to keep up.
Breen is more cautious his times and lesser damage reflect this.

But yeah, what *were* they doing last year?  Maybe it's the pace, didn't know how fast they'd need to push I guess?
They really need to go look at the blue prints again. I think Meeke is a great driver. The team just need to get their act together.

Meeke was only getting stronger in the DS3. Now the C3 has undone all that.

Compare the C3, where Citroën and Meeke had a year to work on it, to the Yaris, whose development looked in trouble, was restarted midway through, and then was practically overhauled with a few weeks before the season start when Latvala finally got a seat.

I can only echo everyone else here, and wonder what the heck happened with Citroën.

dwkGravey said:

Compare the C3, where Citroën and Meeke had a year to work on it, to the Yaris, whose development looked in trouble, was restarted midway through, and then was practically overhauled with a few weeks before the season start when Latvala finally got a seat.

I can only echo everyone else here, and wonder what the heck happened with Citroën.
there has been rumors, that Citroens budget was cut drastically and thanks to that they are using Öhlins suspension, that seems to be unreliable. BUT! Meek can be Colins reincarnation, but it doesn't change a fact that he's no.1 driver and developer who should be able to drive ON the limit of the car, not over it. 8 crashes on 7 rallies, that's clearly too much.

juu1ius said:
dwkGravey said:

there has been rumors, that Citroens budget was cut drastically and thanks to that they are using Öhlins suspension, that seems to be unreliable. BUT! Meek can be Colins reincarnation, but it doesn't change a fact that he's no.1 driver and developer who should be able to drive ON the limit of the car, not over it. 8 crashes on 7 rallies, that's clearly too much.
Toyota really pulled it off. Its crazy how competitive they are for a new team this season. I have no idea as to why Citroen would waste all of their R&D over budget cuts. They can offered it so why would they waste everything with a budget cut? That seems very strange. If I was Citroen I would revamp the whole car for the second half of the season. Stop to trying to make little adjustments to the current car and start work on a new one for the second half of the season.

Toyota really pulled it off. Its crazy how competitive they are for a new team this season. I have no idea as to why Citroen would waste all of their R&D over budget cuts. They can offered it so why would they waste everything with a budget cut? That seems very strange. If I was Citroen I would revamp the whole car for the second half of the season. Stop to trying to make little adjustments to the current car and start work on a new one for the second half of the season.
Yes, this season is basically lost. They can hope for strong results on the remaining tarmac rounds, but they should already develop the car for next season. And of course think about their driver lineup...

Neuville's not having a great day. First the dust on first stage of the day and than no brakes for the entire 12th stage. He was livid and I can understand that as this was the rally to get back on Ogier's tail in the championship standings seeing that he's running down in 7th.

Neuville's not having a great day. First the dust on first stage of the day and than no brakes for the entire 12th stage. He was livid and I can understand that as this was the rally to get back on Ogier's tail in the championship standings seeing that he's running down in 7th.
Should be interesting to see if neuville can gain anymore ground on ogier now.

What's going on with Redbull.tv? I can't watch the Rally. I click to watch and starts some other random show.

Kris is Citroen's development driver and has given feedback on Dirt 4's rally handling. Given problems of both of these it seems that maybe (just maybe) he isn't that good of a rally driver after all ;)
OK, OK, it was only a joke, no need to throw rocks at me...