2020 FIA World Rally Championship

Paddon nooo! He's on fire :(    

That man is unlucky, went too wide somewhere, damaged the suspension and now it's started to burn.              

versedi said:
Paddon nooo! He's on fire :(    

That man is unlucky, went too wide somewhere, damaged the suspension and now it's started to burn.              
Seriously, poor guy. Granted I wouldn't mind tanak winning for a first time.

Yes, a very deserving win, He was close a few times already and showed great resilience after his bouts of bad luck. Good man.

So well deserved for Ott! Will be interesting to see what ha can do for the rest of the season now, hope he'll have a real ketchup effect and just blast on :-)

Really nice to see Lappi's pace also, makes me wonder how long we'll have to wait until his maiden win.

Wonder what will happen with Mikkelsen/Citroën. I got the feeling that Andreas really didn't feel comfortable in the car. Hopefully he can help with the development and be back in for Finland.

Overall I have to say that the season is really heating up, the emotions from the drivers these past two events have been real. 

Sorry, forgot to include it, WRC.com and then Citroen announced only who they *were* entering next round, not including Meeke.

Wooot?

That's a surprise.

In my opinion, he deserves the seat.

There's definitely something bad going on with the car suspension. Meeke is a 100% or nothing kind of a guy and he goes over the limit - that's when you can see how the car works. It's just doesn't, compare the footage of Yaris (preferably Lappi who has similar mentality from what I've seen so far) and Citroen. 

I noticed that too. Even as a Mikkelsen fan I don't think he should get Meeke's seat
I could see this as a way for management to put the fear in him. Similar to what they just did with Lefebvre. A bit of a shape up or look who we could replace you with. Not saying I agree with it.

In this rally, Mikkelsen has got a lot of problems too. It isn't the best plan, to get rid of the only driver who has a victory or podium for your team in this season...

Serious BS in WRC+ commentary. They're praising Tanak for experience, where IMHO he broke the rules about cutting corners.Can anyone explain it to me? 

I can understand Citroën, it's simply not OK to crash out pretty much every rally like Meeke has. The car might not be as good as they want, but he ought to know the limits now and work around it. Just look at Jari's Yaris, that car has had it's issues for the first part of the season, but Latvala has had his focus on bringing the car home.

The Citroën is a difficult beast to drive but Kris should stop trying that hard since he can't really handle it all weekend long. Hopefully he'll have time to build his confidence up again and who knows, maybe he'll have some spare time to test DiRT 4 handling a bit more :p

versedi said:
Serious BS in WRC+ commentary. They're praising Tanak for experience, where IMHO he broke the rules about cutting corners.Can anyone explain it to me? 

Take a look at the WRC+ onboard section on SS3, Almost everybody cut's that corner because of that rock. Example Paddon, at this point co-driver calls 5L -, rock inside. Tänak at this point has in the notes something like 'jump, take absolute left' This is known rock, Breen will have the same cut next year. If anything, this shows that Breen didn't do a good homework.

Anyway, it's not by the book.
In 2014 Meeke was penalised for cutting less than here. 

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/september/meeke-cutting-corner/page/1762--12-12-.html

versedi said:
Anyway, it's not by the book.
In 2014 Meeke was penalised for cutting less than here. 

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/september/meeke-cutting-corner/page/1762--12-12-.html
The book seems to differ by the location of the rally, I know that in Poland and Finland four wheel cutting is not allowed, but seems like in some rallys it's ok. If no real time was gained, road section wasn't damaged by the cutting or was done to avoid crash (like the rock in this case) it's not penalized. And as I said, everybody cuts there. 

I'm shocked by how bad Citroen's season has been.Meeke has the speed but damn he is reckless! The car doesn't look great or stable too drive (What the hell happened at testing for this car too be this way) Meeke will either win or total it in Finland.His road position will be in his favor.Breen was a tad unlucky in Italy but otherwise he is the perfect No.2 driver.I hope Citroen turn it around but it's not looking good!

Breen is so far the best driver for Citroën. He's been quite consistent with pushing the car but not going above what it can do, and doing a real solid job if being Nr.2 driver in the team. When the car feels good, he's shown that ha can be fast. The car has broken down a few times, but it's most often because.... well... the suspension kinda sucks.

On a positive note, Lappi earned a full time seat after his stellar performance in Sardegna: https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/toyota-confirms-lappi-for-the-rest-of-2017-918242/

Another huge event for us here in Estonia - M-Sport and Toyota are testing in South-Estonia. Evans today, Tänak tomorrow and Ogier in Friday with Toyota also starting their test on the same day. If all goes to plan I will be able to see these cars with my own eyes for the first time. :)

Another huge event for us here in Estonia - M-Sport and Toyota are testing in South-Estonia. Evans today, Tänak tomorrow and Ogier in Friday with Toyota also starting their test on the same day. If all goes to plan I will be able to see these cars with my own eyes for the first time. :)
No surprise they're testing in Estonia for Poland, very similar road characteristics. 

I probably won't be able to make it to Rally Poland this year so I'm jealous ;)

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/teenage-star-rovanpera-targets-rally-gb-debut/

So happy our government organizations for once have some sense in their heads and gave him a special permission to take the drivers license test early. If Kalle passes his driving permit test (lol) he will be debuting in WRC event at Wales Rally GB