DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

2020 FIA World Rally Championship

Kubica was supposed to drive Fiesta 17 from Msport! Eventually it didn't work out... but the tests of F1 + GoodWood festival in F1 car confirmed! 

I have really high hopes for him to come back to F1. 

This would be literally a scenario for a movie. Another great man reaches his life purpose again, even though there were a lot of logs under feet through his life. <3

gheeD said:
https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/teenage-star-rovanpera-targets-rally-gb-debut/

So happy our government organizations for once have some sense in their heads and gave him a special permission to take the drivers license test early. If Kalle passes his driving permit test (lol) he will be debuting in WRC event at Wales Rally GB 
Finnish government is officially the coolest in the world! We would never have anything like that in the UK!

It's 17 to drive here, although you can take a tractor test at 16, so you can technically drive a tractor before you can drive a car which makes 0 sense. You can also drive a tractor with a 14 tonne trailer on a standard license, but can't tow a trailer on a car, which also makes 0 sense.

Not WRC, ERC but man. 
DR Greece nostalgia, so much luck with 3rd car not hitting anyone. 

https://youtu.be/ohv6WD93L1g

Okay, back from South-Estonia and first impressions are really awesome. These new WRC cars are spectacular to watch and the sound they make is just wow :o. Too bad I won't go to Poland so I need to wait to see all of them in action in Finland later this summer. 

Okay, back from South-Estonia and first impressions are really awesome. These new WRC cars are spectacular to watch and the sound they make is just wow :o. Too bad I won't go to Poland so I need to wait to see all of them in action in Finland later this summer. 
Can't wait for Poland and Finland events. I'll be the one with blue-balck-white flag and wearing this T-Shirt  :D

ill be going there as well to root for Teemu Suninen! Will be cool to see and feel the difference of the new cars after last year.

gheeD said:
https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/teenage-star-rovanpera-targets-rally-gb-debut/

So happy our government organizations for once have some sense in their heads and gave him a special permission to take the drivers license test early. If Kalle passes his driving permit test (lol) he will be debuting in WRC event at Wales Rally GB 
Finnish government is officially the coolest in the world! We would never have anything like that in the UK!

It's 17 to drive here, although you can take a tractor test at 16, so you can technically drive a tractor before you can drive a car which makes 0 sense. You can also drive a tractor with a 14 tonne trailer on a standard license, but can't tow a trailer on a car, which also makes 0 sense.
Well, I'm Finnish and got my tractor license at 15 and driving license at 18 so it's not like our country makes any more sense in this regard :joy:

So what's the predictions for Poland?

I think Ott will go for it, but he'll likely overdrive and hit some small snag setting him back to P4-5. If he can keep his cool and drive clean and win, he might actually become a real title contender.
Paddon will also charge hard and be fighting for a podium.
Neuville and Latvala will probably play the long game, focusing more on where they are in relation to Ogier than the rally win.
Ogier will drive his usualy safe but fast, probably losing out from road cleaning day 1 and keeping pace for the rest. P2-4 for him probably.
Lappi... if he feels confident in the car I have a feeling we're looking at his first podium.
Sordo has had good pace lately, but let down by technical problems or crashing out. Probably a P3-4 finish.
If Breen finds the car to his liking we might see him do good, but he drives smart and usually within the limits of the car so probably a P5 finish again. 
Mikkelsen will be interesting, he was extremely cautious in Sardinia. If he's managed to get the car set up he can hopefully keep pace with Breen, but that's a tall order. 
Lefebrve will.. meh. Either slow of crashing as the rest of the season I suspect.
Evans... I have no clue. If the DMACKs work well he might be challenging for top positions.
Hänninen will probably be in the middle as usual.

My guess:
1. Paddon, with a 1m30s margin from sheer frustration
2. Latvala
3. Lappi
4. Neuville
5. Ogier
6. Tänak
7. Breen
8. Sordo
9. Mikkelsen
10. Evans

Ogier is going to have to start pushing for wins soon with Thierry catching. He can just settle for good finishes anymore. He won't want to fall behind, other than maybe for road order reasons. At the same time, Neuville really can't afford to have another dnf at this crucial stage. I hope Paddon does well, and I think tanak will be up there unless he makes a mistake. Breen has the talent to challenge for a top spot, but probably not the equipment!

Im gonna go with wildcard prediction, Mikkelsen wins it (if not, atleast on podium). I believe he will be comfortable enough at poland, which has always been strong result for him. Also i really want to see Lappi improve even more so I think he could be on the podium easy if he doesnt have issues (mistakes)

So here's my footage recorded in South-Estonia. Sorry for the lack of Fiesta's footage :D, I wasn't able to find a good spot and Toyota just looks so awesome compared to all the other cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LVcPI-Xfy4

And still people keep putting Neuville out of the top 3, out of top 5 even.
Sure he screwed up in Monte & Sweden because of his own fault but after that he got five consecutive top 3 finishes with 2 wins even.
He's the only one with an unbroken string of powerstage points.
In Sardinia he would probably have won as well instead of Tanak if it wasn't for those brake problems that cost him over a minute.
Neuville will go for the win, he's smelling Ogier's blood and he wants to be the first driver to win a third rally this season.

Me and my brother both predicted Neuville as champ this year right at the beginning of the season, and I still think he has it in him. I'd really like to see him do it too! Not sure if I think he'll get a podium in either Poland or Finland though? I think he will be targeting some of the other rounds like Germany and gb

If Neuville has Ogier hot on his tail after day 1 I bet we'll see him push, but if he can keep 2-3 positions ahead I think he'll drive smart and not risk it. 

sqdstr said:
And still people keep putting Neuville out of the top 3, out of top 5 even.
Sure he screwed up in Monte & Sweden because of his own fault but after that he got five consecutive top 3 finishes with 2 wins even.
He's the only one with an unbroken string of powerstage points.
In Sardinia he would probably have won as well instead of Tanak if it wasn't for those brake problems that cost him over a minute.
Neuville will go for the win, he's smelling Ogier's blood and he wants to be the first driver to win a third rally this season.
It's everyone own opinion, but I can explain mine,
1. Tänak - who else, this is his rally
2. Evans - DMack
3. Ogier - last year he was out of the podium, because he was cleaning roads for two days,  he won the event 2014 and 2015.
4. Latvala - fast gravel roads should suit him
5. Lappi - for the lulz, if he drives smart, he'll just finish the rally and benefits from others mistakes.
About Neuville...well he hasn't had good rally in Poland imo, only couple of stage wins here. 

I think we should be predicting who will crash in Rally Poland.

1. Meeke

2. Meeke

3. Meeke

4. Meeke

5. And Meeke

:D All joking aside I think its it going be a great rally. M-Sport will probably pick up there pace a little bit.

1. Meeke

2. Meeke

3. Meeke

4. Meeke

5. And Meeke

:D All joking aside I think its it going be a great rally. M-Sport will probably pick up there pace a little bit.

Meeke's out, Mikkelsen replaces him in Poland.

My prediction:
1. Tanak - roads are almost same as in Estonia so it's like driving at home for him
2. Neuville - He needs to push if he still wants to catch up on Ogier in championship
3. Ogier - He needs to push to keep the leading position but will be sweeping road for first day.
4. Paddon - He likes fast rallies, he's hungry for some points
5. Evans - DMACKs

versedi said:

1. Meeke

2. Meeke

3. Meeke

4. Meeke

5. And Meeke

Meeke's out, Mikkelsen replaces him in Poland.

My prediction:
1. Tanak - roads are almost same as in Estonia so it's like driving at home for him
2. Neuville - He needs to push if he still wants to catch up on Ogier in championship
3. Ogier - He needs to push to keep the leading position but will be sweeping road for first day.
4. Paddon - He likes fast rallies, he's hungry for some points
5. Evans - DMACKs
Why would they replace Meeke and not one of the other drivers? How long is the replacement?

Why would they replace Meeke and not one of the other drivers? How long is the replacement?
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motor-sport/kris-meeke-is-not-unhappy-as-citroen-tell-him-to-take-a-break-35819300.html
https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/citroen-drops-meeke-for-mikkelsen-for-rally-poland-917431/

Thank you.

Too short of a comment so now I am just typing random stuff but by now I have enough to post this comment,

Neuville testing Hyundai i20 R5 for Ypres rally next weekend.
I love his livery, maybe one to make when they succed at repacking the .nef files? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KaCXMKoUJU

Sorry for the horrible off topic but I'm trying to see why I can't post on this forum from PC anymore... it seems that Firefox might be the issue. Chrome seems to be working fine so far.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/a-fresh-start-for-the-citroen-c3-wrcs-923515/

Now that's interesting, all of them on a new rear diff and Mikkelsen on "a mechanical ‘joker’ in order to modify the torque split between the axles" if I understood it correctly. Hopefully this'll make the car more predictable, but I kind of feel like the suspension should be their main concern.

"We needed to take a step back to note that some of the risks we had taken during development of the C3 WRC were not paying off. Our car is unquestionably fast, but the window in which it works efficiently was proving too narrow. We have therefore begun making some major changes to our organisation, our methods and our principles." - Yves Matton.

Shakedown results:

2017 Rally Poland shakedown:

1. Thierry Neuville BEL Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC 2m 12.1s M
2. Ott Tanak EST M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC 17 2m 12.3s M
3. Hayden Paddon NZL Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC 2m 12.7s M

4. Sebastien Ogier FRA M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC 17 2m 13.1s M
5. Jari-Matti Latvala FIN Toyota Yaris Gazoo Racing WRC 2m 13.3s M
6. Dani Sordo ESP Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC 2m 13.8s M
7. Esapekka Lappi FIN Toyota Yaris Gazoo Racing WRC 2m 14.2s M
8. Mads Ostberg NOR M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC 17 2m 14.5s
9. Juho Hanninen FIN Toyota Yaris Gazoo Racing WRC 2m 14.7s M
10. Teemu Suninen FIN M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC 17 2m 15.2s
11. Andreas Mikkelsen NOR Citroen C3 Abu Dhabi WRC 2m 15.2s M
12. Elfyn Evans GBR M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC 17 2m 15.3s
13. Stephane Lefebvre FRA Citroen C3 Abu Dhabi WRC 2m 16.0s M
14. Craig Breen IRE Citroen C3 Abu Dhabi WRC 2m 16.6s M
15. Pontus Tidemand SWE Skoda Motorsport Fabia R5 2m 24.8s WRC2

WRC2 results:

1. Pontus Tidemand SWE Skoda Motorsport Fabia R5 2m 24.8s WRC2
2. Ole Christian Veiby NOR Printsport Oy Skoda Fabia R5 2m 25.1s WRC2
3. Gus Greensmith GBR Gus Greensmith Ford Fiesta R5 2m 27.9s WRC2

Read more at http://www.crash.net/wrc/results/262784/1/rally-poland-shakedown-results.html#uVHjz78x4oCqSjKW.99

http://www.crash.net/wrc/results/262784/1/rally-poland-shakedown-results.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=rss