Jump to content Jump to content

2021 FIA World Rally Championship

Dytut said:
Poland might also be ready to go for it again.

It won't. Believe or not, but our rally managers have their hands tied because of old pricks from Polish National Motorsport Association. There was an option to run a joint event with Czech people, but our old buttheads said they can do it on their own, and here we are. We have to wait another 10- 15 years before all people from Soviet times retire here in Poland before things move forward.
Wonder how Mexico will turn out. Feels like it'll be a good indicator of how strong Neuville will be. This is his first time starting first on the road on gravel, isn't it? While it'll be hard for him to charge for a win from first on the road, will he be able to keep in contention for good points like Ogier and Loeb almost always did? If he can get a podium in Mexico I think he'll be unstoppable.

But it'll be exciting to see how Mexico pans out. Tänak, Mikkelsen, Meeke and Evans all have good road positions and should be up there after friday, and I'd wager that's the four in contention for the win. Neuville and Ogier will probably go for their internal battle a bit, not being overly concerned with the rest of the crowd as long as they beat each other.
Latvala and Lappi will suffer a bit from road position and will have to work hard to keep up. 
Don't think Suninen or Loeb will be in contention for the podium.

So if I'd wager a guess, top 5 on sunday will be....

1. Tänak
2. Ogier
3. Mikkelsen
4. Neuville
5. Lappi
Sébastien Loeb. What an Extraterrestrial. Yes, the running order is helping him but it's been three years since he last sat in a WRC car, and that was on asphalt... to come back and do what he's done just shows how good he is. He's probably one of the best drivers ever to be seen in a car, including all the different motorsport disciplines
sqdstr said:
Does anyone know yet why Latvala & Tidemand who were both under Super Rally restarts, didn't go before all the others on the road?

They use the standings before the super special stages to determine road position for the next day. At that time, Latvala hadn't retired yet. Tidemand didn't retire.
YoMrWhite said:
sqdstr said:
Does anyone know yet why Latvala & Tidemand who were both under Super Rally restarts, didn't go before all the others on the road?

They use the standings before the super special stages to determine road position for the next day. At that time, Latvala hadn't retired yet. Tidemand didn't retire.
Oops I meant Suninen but no matter, I understand now, thanks
I think I can say Rally Mexico has been the most exciting Rally so far this year. Really awesome battles! It’s awesome that Ogier and Ford could take the win. The championship is super tight this year just like last years. It seems that Meeke is in some sort of rut he can not get out of and I bet that Neuville has sore arms after beating his steering wheel.
  • PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rally Championship