Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

2021 FIA World Rally Championship

It’s crazy that ford had a world champion sat in one of their cars and didn’t want their name associated with it.

Reading Ogier’s comments make sense to me, he wants to win a title for a third manufacturer, which will be a great challenge and help to further prove that he is one of the all time greats (as if he needs to do much more than he’s already done)
Yep. We'll see if Lappi will actually make his move to Citroën now. Most interesting will be who will drive for M-Sport.
Meeke?  Quite possible.
Latvala? Maybe, but sounds like he'll stay at Toyota.
Ostberg? Knows the car, but not quite a #1 driver.
Tidemand? Slight maybe, not a #1
Breen? Maybe if Citroën would fire him, but think he'll stay where he is
Lappi? Not likely, he apparently don't have much love for M-Sport
Kopecky? Maybe, same as Tidemand
https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/139094/ogier-citroen-no-longer-doing-things-by-half

Allright then, if Citroën is going all in then that must mean they're going for a real three car lineup for 2019. I think they can actually make do with Ogier - Ostberg - Breen. Ostberg and Breen are both podium contenders. Lots of talk about Lappi maybe joining up, but if he gets the #2 spot then I'd be hard pressed to choose between OStberg and Breen for the last seat. I'd suspect Citroën will go for Breen in that case. But... my money is on both Ostberg and Breen staying with Citroën for the next year.
so another rumor - https://www.facebook.com/mwmsports/posts/879718102227794
Breen has offers from M-SPort 2+1y or Toyota, interesting choices. I would go for Toyota i guess - fast car, great budget and even better possibility to over come disappointing 2018 season. Redemption for Meek in M-SPort ? :smile:

Ott's car is fine, just a precautionary cooling system switch and ready to go again this evening, so no more SD runs.

Edit: Never mind, already heading back to the SD stage, seems like it wasn't that bad as they thought.

https://twitter.com/OttTanak/status/1047784797374959617/video/1
Well that was absolutely awful. Clocaenog was ok, Brenig was a bit rough but it was enjoyable. Unfortunately someone had a very bad accident and we got red flagged. Penmachno was without a doubt the worst stage I’ve ever done, unbelievably rough and it broke the front suspension. We limped to slate mountain where we hit a rock and that was game over
Well that was absolutely awful. Clocaenog was ok, Brenig was a bit rough but it was enjoyable. Unfortunately someone had a very bad accident and we got red flagged. Penmachno was without a doubt the worst stage I’ve ever done, unbelievably rough and it broke the front suspension. We limped to slate mountain where we hit a rock and that was game over
Damn, that explains why I didn't see you in Myherin.

Fully agree with your comment about the speed of the cars. The R5's look quick, the latest WRCars are just incredible. 
  • PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rally Championship