Jump to content Jump to content

2021 FIA World Rally Championship

Wow, what a win and what a rally, but what drives from both of the top two, right to the end; Neuville just as much a part of that as Ogier. Hopefully the Citroen makes it back the final control without issue.

Still think Tanak is favourite for the season overall after this weekend.

Bring on Sweden!
Well plenty to talk about from the opening round! Superb performance from Ogier in a car that many are unsure about, with a very tight fight with Neuville for first. Early delays for the Toyota trio, but a massive push from Tanak and a decent drive from Meeke as well. Loeb not quite on front running pace yet, but given he has came to Monte Carlo on the back of the Dakar, he may not have been on his best form.

A weekend to forget for M-Sport in terms of the upper tier, but a great result for Gus Greensmith and the R5 Fiesta in WRC2. 
Rallystu2 said:
Not wrc related but is anyone visiting the Cambrian rally next month?
No plans for this year. I do enjoy it, it’s always been a favourite of mine, but it’s been a few years since I’ve been. Hopefully I might be out on some rallies later in the year like the Nicky Grist. But currently the only definite plan I have is the RAC, and maybe Rally GB
  • 2 weeks later...

My predictions for SWE : with out snowfall: 1. Tänak 2. Latvala 3. Neuville. With snowfall... who knows. Seems like Ott has most optimal starting position in both situation. With clear road - 2 cars before him will still left some ice and there for some grip left and if it snows - 2 cars has done some plowing. 

Edited by juu1ius

I think Sweden will very much depend on how good the Citroen is on snow. In previous years it’s proved to be a dog in unpredictable conditions. Ogier will either be up there or he’ll be let down by the car. Neuville has been very quick in the snow before, so I think it’s most likely between him and tanak

1 hour ago, juu1ius said:

yeah, if there is any snow left. Long term weather cast is not good 7C in the day and -6C in night. the Photo taken 9.02.

164ffd7c8f1cf8ead2138d7f50ea0638.jpg

Oh God, not 2016 yet again... Patrik-Pangerl-23-Hayden-Paddon-WRC-Rally-Sweden-2016-Hyundai-i20-WRC.thumb.jpg.4ea3bfbac84459f4d1a459c210488e4e.jpg

And here we can see a World Rally Car provided with studded tyres out of its natural habit. Look how the car naturally directs itself to the margin of the road, dipping the front wheel on the inside in a desperate attempt to reach the snow beneath. These animals are used to the icy conditions in Sweden and face many difficulties when the snow doesn't come. 

There's still decent amounts of snow left, so there will be snowbanks. Hopefully it's cold enough that the road surface stays frozen.

In other news, the lineup for this year is bloody awesome. Loeb and Grönholm as an added bonus in the top class, and the R5 lineup is really top notch. Can't remember last time there were so many big names just in R5. I counted 9 potential winners.

Yeah too bad about Suninen, I was rooting for him to at least keep fighting with Tänak. Unfortunately a bit too unexperienced to keep that high pace over a full rally still. 

Just a few seconds betwen P2 and P4 tomorrow, so will be a nice fight for second at least. 

• PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rally Championship