Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

2021 FIA World Rally Championship

• Social Media & Community Team
58 minutes ago, richie said:

Interesting. All the different statements are a bit confusing. We'll have to wait and see which car it's going to be based on. 

There's only one answer.

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

So when does the season get going again!?

Google says:

image.png

Portugal is also a Junior WRC round so Jon will be driving again.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Rogerbee said:

Rats! Probably missed them on TV then.

Red Bull TV will have highlights shows on their website 🙂 

Posted (edited)

I see ITV4 have coverage. They're rubbish with trailers then, I had no idea it had been on. You get trailers for all the rubbish on ITVBe, but none at all for WRC.

Edited by Rogerbee
  • PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rally Championship

Now I understand what's behind Ford's mysterious hesitancy to announce what model their new Rally1 car is going to be based on. They're working on a secret exhaust system! :classic_dry:

• Haha 1

Schwarz pic

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/rally-spain-outing-targeted-for-steer-by-wire-fiesta/

Armin Schwarz could return to the World Rally Championship at October’s Rally Spain with a state-of-the-art steer-by-wire Ford Fiesta Rally2 MkII.

Schwarz is working with German automotive technology firm Paravan from the Schaeffler Group to run cars without steering columns.

Greensmith did good at Portugal in all fairness, seems to be getting faster 🙂 

RO21WRC04POR1381

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/greensmith-surprised-at-improvement-since-co-driver-change/

Gus Greensmith believes he “realistically could’ve been fourth” on Rally Portugal without his puncture and throttle issues but confessed he “didn’t expect” his pace to have improved so quickly since changing co-drivers in March.

Greensmith equaled his best ever World Rally Championship finish of fifth in Portugal but the pace he displayed marked it out as his most impressive start in a World Rally Car to date.

The M-Sport driver was joint third-fastest, just 0.5 seconds shy of stage winner Ott Tänak, on the event’s first test and would set a top-three stage time on another five of the event’s 20 stages.

Oliver Solberg's out of Sardinia:

2021PORTUGAL_VT_155

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/positive-covid-test-for-petter-rules-oliver-out-of-wrc-italy/

Oliver Solberg has been ruled out of next week’s Rally Italy following a positive coronavirus test for his father, Petter.

The 19-year-old, who continues to return negative test results, was lined up for his second outing in a Hyundai Motorsport i20 Coupe WRC in Sardinia.

Instead of taking part in the recce for next week’s Olbia-based event, Oliver will remain in 14-day quarantine in Porto – where he has been since competing at last week’s Rally Portugal.

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...

First of the next generation cars breaks cover...

080721_Ford-Puma-Goodwood-2021_001_839f8

080721_Ford-Puma-Goodwood-2021_003_aafa9

080721_Ford-Puma-Goodwood-2021_005_690cb

...little disappointed it isn't a Fiesta (as that is my favourite of the current cars), but the Puma looks better than I expected. Oddly it reminds me of the Mk.2 Focus WRC. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

So the rumours were true then. Looks better than I expected.

Yeah. Wonder if this will mean that the R5 will be Puma based as well?

They just released the Fiesta Rally2 in 2019, Rally3 and Rally4 this year.

I'd say it'll be Fiestas for a few years and then they switch.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

When I saw their test mule in the Fiesta shell, I gave it a 10% chance that it'd be the Puma in the end. I quite like it, would love to see it from behind too. 

Edit:

Edited by richieI
  • 4 weeks later...