Jump to content Jump to content

2021 FIA World Rally Championship

Great rally again and Evans truly deserved win this year. I hope we see Breen driving next year whole calendar, great driver and likable person.  

Really great rally and been so exited to watch these drivers live in the woods. Waiting for next year allready. 

• Like 1
  • Social Media & Community Team
15 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Oh wow.  That angle departing the camera!!  😲

It's the quick whip shot that gets me 😮 

• Like 1

2022 lineup as far as I'm aware:

Toyota (all TBC)

• Evans
  • Rovanpera
  • Lappi
  • Katsuda
  • Ogier (part-time)

M-Sport

• Breen
  • Greensmith (TBC)
  • Formaux

Hyundai

• Tanak
  • Neuville
  • Sordo (part-time)
  • Solberg (part-time)
  • Like 1

And Ott Tänak was also penalized – somewhat under the radar – for driving at 62mph in a 25mph zone on a road section on Wednesday evening before the event. He was fined €7000 [$8091].

Madlad 😄 

On 10/17/2021 at 7:20 AM, gk9147 said:

Block has not competed regularly in American rallying in recent seasons. His path on LSPR was eased by new champion Travis Pastrana and his Subaru USA team-mate Brandon Semenuk, plus 2020 champion Barry McKenna, all not attending the rally.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/ara/block-clinches-first-american-rally-win-since-2014/

Not to knock Sir Kenneth too much (he still had to drive the rally to win it afterall) but the 3 guys that are typically faster than him didn't compete 😕 

Some words from Jon:

image.png

We came to Spain knowing that the championship was achievable and we leave here disappointed not to win it. We knew Sami and Martins were going to give it their all and Sami did a great rally to win and get the Junior WRC title.

To be honest it was quite a tough weekend for us. Coming into the rally knowing the other guys had done a lot of testing, it makes you a bit uneasy. We had to start the rally with a basic set-up which was challenging.

We managed to be fastest out of the blocks but to be honest we were struggling with understeer for most of the weekend. We had moments when it really clicked and we found something with the car. But it was difficult even though we managed to win quite a few stages.

A simple mistake on Saturday morning cost us the rally. I got caught out in the tricky conditions and ultimately it cost us the championship. We come home as runners-up and we can still be proud of that.

We gave it our best this year. We were getting better and better with every rally. We gave it our best and we have to be happy with that. Given the pace we showed over the weekend I think we could have held onto the win but this is how things go.

A big thanks must go to Codemasters (EA), Thrustmaster, RAF - and all our other supporters - for making this year happen. They let Phil and I show what we are capable of, that is something I’ll always be grateful for.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1