Jump to content Jump to content

2021 FIA World Rally Championship


Recommended Posts

PaloSamo said:
Engine cooked, end of rally. Breen has shown the boys how to drive on the "best bit of Tarmac in the world" :) 


The first rally I co-drove, ran the Torr Head stage (though possibly in the opposite direction).  Talk about a Baptism of fire for pacenotes - lol
Link to post
Share on other sites
they are the official promoter, last year they had full season coverage online untill beginning of this year, now they have nothing anymore, or only for a limited time like u say.
for an official promoter I think that is a big load of bollox, so best let another company do it that actually gives a sh*t
Link to post
Share on other sites
Well it's not WRC but what the heck.
I'd love to see rally like this in DR or next title. Such a nice tarmac stage.

https://youtu.be/u3L5IfR6UkM?list=PLVyRAt2cxbxtf8jr91kqhUxYCWhMg0Uua

After watching @edgenz I want NZ. So beautiful landscapes!
Link to post
Share on other sites
sqdstr said:
PaloSamo said:
The official promoter is WRC Promoter GmbH. Red Bull is not even listed in their Partners and Sponsors list, nor in the broadcasters list. 
hmm, ok my bad, thought it was still Redbull
WRC Promoter is Red Bull and Sportsman Media. It's a joint company, so I don't know why Red Bull's promotion of WRC on their own media website has taken such a big step backward compared to last year.
Link to post
Share on other sites
dwkGravey said:
sqdstr said:
PaloSamo said:
The official promoter is WRC Promoter GmbH. Red Bull is not even listed in their Partners and Sponsors list, nor in the broadcasters list. 
hmm, ok my bad, thought it was still Redbull
WRC Promoter is Red Bull and Sportsman Media. It's a joint company, so I don't know why Red Bull's promotion of WRC on their own media website has taken such a big step backward compared to last year.
Good point there, I didn't do my research right ;) It probably is about money, what else? 
Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
Well it's not WRC but what the heck.
I'd love to see rally like this in DR or next title. Such a nice tarmac stage.

https://youtu.be/u3L5IfR6UkM?list=PLVyRAt2cxbxtf8jr91kqhUxYCWhMg0Uua

After watching @edgenz I want NZ. So beautiful landscapes!
I just love that Stage, so nice so Sweet so great, i want any rally but this is in my favs list
Link to post
Share on other sites
PaloSamo said:
dwkGravey said:
sqdstr said:
PaloSamo said:
The official promoter is WRC Promoter GmbH. Red Bull is not even listed in their Partners and Sponsors list, nor in the broadcasters list. 
hmm, ok my bad, thought it was still Redbull
WRC Promoter is Red Bull and Sportsman Media. It's a joint company, so I don't know why Red Bull's promotion of WRC on their own media website has taken such a big step backward compared to last year.
Good point there, I didn't do my research right ;) It probably is about money, what else? 
I would think directing people to WRC+, but I don't see any mention of it on Redbull.tv. It's like when they don't have a highlights episode to host, then the WRC doesn't exist for them. Maybe Red Bull is less involved with WRC Promoter this season, I can't find any information.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Areyouben said:
"Volkswagen has revealed the first image of its Polo R WRC, the car with which it will compete in the 2017 World Rally Championship.

The concept image shows what the car could look like under the new regulations coming into play next year, when cars are set to be wider, lighter and more powerful."

Looks like the old extreme concept cars on Evo Studios WRC games weren't so far-fetched after all. 
I suppose they were very accurate predictions, actually, just like when Jim Morrison predicted the path popular music would take. 

It does look like a vicious design, but after seeing what Gronholm had to report, I'm really not looking forward to 2017. 
If they have lifeless behavior from the outside, and they're easy to drive on the inside, then I'll be very disappointed. 

They're designed to be faster with better aero, which is pointless when drivers like JML are speaking truths when stating that they wouldn't want any more speed on rallies like Finland, etc. because it then becomes a safety issue. 

I don't think the WRC needs more speed, I think it needs more pure action. 
Like Vatanen said a few months ago, give the drivers RWD cars and make it a spectacle. It'll take more skill, and provide a lot more entertainment. 

There's a reason why the Mk2 Escort is my favourite rally car of all time, beyond it's looks. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
That image just looks like a Scirocco with a Polo R nose photoshopped on.

I fully agree with you Bear.  Watching the Circuit at the weekend was the first rally I have enjoyed in ages, with everyone in 'budget' R5 cars, they were driving the balls off them!  
Even the Mk2's locally are all wrong.  They are running 2.5 300+ bhp engines and 15" wheels, all set up for grip and stability.  Gone are the days where a Mk2 used to arrive tail-lights first at most junctions....  :(
Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
That image just looks like a Scirocco with a Polo R nose photoshopped on.

I fully agree with you Bear.  Watching the Circuit at the weekend was the first rally I have enjoyed in ages, with everyone in 'budget' R5 cars, they were driving the balls off them!  
Even the Mk2's locally are all wrong.  They are running 2.5 300+ bhp engines and 15" wheels, all set up for grip and stability.  Gone are the days where a Mk2 used to arrive tail-lights first at most junctions....  :(
Some of the modern tarmac spec Mk2's upset me. They grip-wobble down a road, instead of crazy-wobble like they used to. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
Well it's not WRC but what the heck.
I'd love to see rally like this in DR or next title. Such a nice tarmac stage.

https://youtu.be/u3L5IfR6UkM?list=PLVyRAt2cxbxtf8jr91kqhUxYCWhMg0Uua

After watching @edgenz I want NZ. So beautiful landscapes!
If we could pick any location to be added to the game, then Irish tarmac stages would be my first choice!
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rally Championship

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...