Jump to content Jump to content

2021 FIA World Rally Championship

It is but I feel for Ostberg and Camilli.
Just put aside like trash.
Hyundai (Neuville + Sordo + Paddon) & Citroen (Meeke + Breen + Lefebvre) will use 3 drivers in their teams, so that means, if Ford (Ogier + Tanak) & Toyota (Latvala + Hanninen) will follow, that there are still 2 spots available.
Mikkelsen also still hasn't said what he'll do next season.

*EDIT*:
This comes from wrc.com website:
"M-Sport’s statement made no reference to Eric Camilli. He has a 2017 contract and news on his future is expected shortly."
I'd expect Camilli to join the M-Sport main squad, maybe switching the third drivers seat with Evans from time to time. I doubt we'll be seeing Östberg in a 2017 car next year, more likely he'll go into a privateer team in a 2016 car (Dmack perhaps?).

But Mikkelsen, where will you go? Is he holding out for that potential VW team, or vying for a spot in the Yaris? If a VW rental team comes up with Mikkelsen as top name that might actually be a contender. Maybe joined by one of the WRC2 names.
I believe Mikkelsen turned down an offer of Toyota, didn't he? Toyota's drivers are Latvala, Hanninen and Lappi.
Mikkelsen is probably hoping for that VW team to become reality. If that doesn't happen he might be entering the season as a privateer but with the 2017-spec Polo. VW will homologate the car so they can sell them to privateers. He's  able to get funds quite easily. Just take a look at his career before his WRC adventure.
Uninspired livery ( to not say ugly ) and horrible back side. Front is ok'ish. Resuming, ugly car, but i hope Toyota does well next season, we need Toyota in WRC. Would love to see Subaru doing a come back, in a near future.
Yeah, this is my question too; point of renewing my WRC+ now?
Live maps and access to all the on board videos, plus anything else they might be planning to add for 2017.

Last I checked I still couldn't pay for WRC+ on the website, so I'm pretty happy with the Red Bull coverage. I'll renew WRC+ if I can (and if there's a sale), but this'll be great until then/in addition. And the sight of Webber was one of the things that got my wife to follow F1 (and hating a Seb)—didn't work for WEC, but hope springs eternal that it might finally hook her on WRC...
WRC+ confirmed anyway, just go spammed:

Your benefits:

-   More LIVE Streams – and on-demand

-   Real-time GPS map tracking of the cars including fastest live timing

-   Thousands of exclusive onboard videos

-   All highlight programs including previews, reviews and background stories

YOUR CODE:    WRC2017
VALUE:        20% OFF

Valid until:       31.12.2016

• PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rally Championship