Jump to content Jump to content

2021 FIA World Rally Championship

It'll be interesting to see how the cars fair against one another.  The i20 looks to suffer from chronic oversteer, the Yaris sounds gutless & the Fiesta seems fairly unremarkable.  My money is on Citroen but that could prove to be wrong also??

anyones guess....
KevM said:
It'll be interesting to see how the cars fair against one another.  The i20 looks to suffer from chronic oversteer, the Yaris sounds gutless & the Fiesta seems fairly unremarkable.  My money is on Citroen but that could prove to be wrong also??

anyones guess....
Indeed, it's going to be interesting :-)
I don't quite agree with you on particulars. From the latest round of testing I feel the i20 looks rather stable, but a wee bit slower on acceleration. Hope they'll get it up to speed as the season progresses.
The Yaris, which I thought looked sluggish and jittery a few months ago, actually looks like it's improved quite a bit. Don't think it'll be a contender, but maybe not completely off. 
The two main contenders in my view are the Citroens and the Fords. Both look to be balanced and I get the feel that the drivers really dare to push them.

But then again, slow is fast, so all predictions might as well be words in the wind :-)
Scyy said:
Has anyone else had problems with the pay now button on wrc+ not actually taking you anywhere?  I've tried with multiple computers and different browsers but still nothing.
Yeah, if your current sub is still active, you have to cancel it first and then pay for the new one.

Their system is as stupid as their app which keeps losing my login information despite showing me as logged in.  Ironically i have to log off and on again for it to believe my account should have access to the WRC+ content.
Scyy said:
Has anyone else had problems with the pay now button on wrc+ not actually taking you anywhere?  I've tried with multiple computers and different browsers but still nothing.
Yeah, if your current sub is still active, you have to cancel it first and then pay for the new one.

Their system is as stupid as their app which keeps losing my login information despite showing me as logged in.  Ironically i have to log off and on again for it to believe my account should have access to the WRC+ content.
So I initially thought that was my issue too but even with it being canceled when it get to the point to either put in my credit card or go to paypal the pay now button just doesn't do anything.  It even shows a URL when I hover the mouse over it.  It's the weirdest thing.
KevM said:

anyones guess....
if you were watching Paddon, the chronic oversteer might just be him driving his car the only way he knows how :D
Scyy said:
Scyy said:

So I initially thought that was my issue too but even with it being canceled when it get to the point to either put in my credit card or go to paypal the pay now button just doesn't do anything.  It even shows a URL when I hover the mouse over it.  It's the weirdest thing.
Lots of people have been having that issue, since November at least. I only got it to work by creating a brand new user account on my computer (guest account on OS X) and trying from there. 
dwkGravey said:
Scyy said:
Scyy said:

Lots of people have been having that issue, since November at least. I only got it to work by creating a brand new user account on my computer (guest account on OS X) and trying from there. 
That did it. I made a new account and it went through without a hitch. You would think that would be an easy thing to fix with it being a known issue and all.
  • PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rally Championship