Jump to content Jump to content

2021 FIA World Rally Championship

Its shakedown and teams are running a strict allocation of Studded tyres.  Looks like the ex-VW guys are out to tickle their old ego's, where the smarter more comfortable and settled guys may be driving through shakedown to save the tyres?  (Meeke, Evans etc)
From the clip Ogier looked like the only one who really pushed. Maybe him trying to put some respect into the other drivers, showing that he'll be a force to reckon with even with an unfamiliar car. All other 2017 cars with drivers to reckon with looks to be in the span of  2:24-2:29.... With the glaring exception of the Citroëns. Wonder how it'll all pan out. Exciting times :-D
tbtstt said:
Underkex said:
It's me or the Toyota looks bad? Not fast in corners, even understeering.
I have thought the Toyota has looked the least competent car throughout testing: I hope I'm proven wrong when they hit the stages!
The driver quotes in the 'preview mag' basically said they're not ready, they're using '17 to test and expect to be ready for '18.
tbtstt said:
Underkex said:
I have thought the Toyota has looked the least competent car throughout testing: I hope I'm proven wrong when they hit the stages!
The driver quotes in the 'preview mag' basically said they're not ready, they're using '17 to test and expect to be ready for '18.
Interesting 
tbtstt said:
Underkex said:
That's also what VW said back in 2013 but everyone knows how their debut year ended ;)
KevM said:
He hit no one.  Boy was still up the hill when the car settled

EDIT: After watching it few times in slower speed, I'm not so sure - it looks a bit like he got thrown so much that he landed few seconds after.... 
EDIT2: After watching it even more I'm concluding that he really hit him, really hard.
versedi said:
KevM said:
He hit no one.  Boy was still up the hill when the car settled

EDIT: After watching it few times in slower speed, I'm not so sure - it looks a bit like he got thrown so much that he landed few seconds after.... 
EDIT2: After watching it even more I'm concluding that he really hit him, really hard.
If you pause at 0:26, you can see the spectator in the air right next to the rear of Paddon's car.
  • PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rally Championship