Jump to content Jump to content

2021 FIA World Rally Championship


Recommended Posts

bogani said:
Hänninen also has surprising pace!                                                                               
Spoke too soon! Twitter is saying he's stopped in the stage
Yeah, 11.8km into SS5. Really sad, he had a surprisingly great start to the rally :(
Link to post
Share on other sites
Toyota is reliant on latvala then! I remember hyundai's debut a few years back Thierry chew shed and sordo broke down, didn't make it through the first day! 

Monte has has been a bit chaotic so far, with Evans, Ogier and Lefrebrvevebe having offs. The atmosphere on the stages still looks in high spirits despite yesterday though 
Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
Meeke out in SS5.  :( Not the pace I was hoping for from Evans either. Great drive from Neuville out front though and Tanak is going well! 
Might be that Evans isn't comfortable with the DMACKs.

But go Thierry! Great to see him taking time out of Ogier :-) 
Hope this level of attrition is over now, or we won't have anyone finishing the rally ;-)
Link to post
Share on other sites
IMO this is not the best start at all for this WRC season. Only 8 cars left with 11 stages to go and already a huge gap between the 1st and the 4th (yes, I know that a lot can happen, this is rally, but with only 5 stages, it's a big difference (almost 1 minute and half)). Neuville and Tanak with a strong start, tho.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Azoresst said:
IMO this is not the best start at all for this WRC season. Only 8 cars left with 11 stages to go and already a huge gap between the 1st and the 4th (yes, I know that a lot can happen, this is rally, but with only 5 stages, it's a big difference (almost 1 minute and half)). Neuville and Tanak with a strong start, tho.
Well it's not big surprise with new cars, and it is Monte with a lot of ice and snow after all :-) 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Azoresst said:
IMO this is not the best start at all for this WRC season. Only 8 cars left with 11 stages to go and already a huge gap between the 1st and the 4th (yes, I know that a lot can happen, this is rally, but with only 5 stages, it's a big difference (almost 1 minute and half)). Neuville and Tanak with a strong start, tho.
Sounds more like a DiRT Daily :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Red Bull TV coverage is really good, and they're just giving it away for free. More event-focused and less personality-shenanigans than the Red Bull Dakar Daily show. And with their Event Analyzer timeline-bookmarks, I can just watch their pre- and post-show segments, and watch WRC+ for everything else. This season is getting better and better (except for the spectator death
Link to post
Share on other sites
dwkGravey said:
The Red Bull TV coverage is really good, and they're just giving it away for free. More event-focused and less personality-shenanigans than the Red Bull Dakar Daily show. And with their Event Analyzer timeline-bookmarks, I can just watch their pre- and post-show segments, and watch WRC+ for everything else. This season is getting better and better (except for the spectator death
Shame they only show one stage live, everything else is day highlights in the evening. But can't complain considering the price ;)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Whilst driving on the road section between Gap and Monaco, Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle's Citroën C3 WRC was hit by another vehicle. With the rear right-hand wheel damaged, the car was unable to continue driving and so the crew has been forced to retire from what is proving to be a decidedly unpredictable Rallye Monte-Carlo.

Tomorrow, Stéphane Lefebvre and Gabin Moreau will therefore be the sole representatives of the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team. Meanwhile, Craig Breen and Scott Martin will be looking to hold onto their fourth place overall.
Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
Whilst driving on the road section between Gap and Monaco, Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle's Citroën C3 WRC was hit by another vehicle. With the rear right-hand wheel damaged, the car was unable to continue driving and so the crew has been forced to retire from what is proving to be a decidedly unpredictable Rallye Monte-Carlo.

Tomorrow, Stéphane Lefebvre and Gabin Moreau will therefore be the sole representatives of the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team. Meanwhile, Craig Breen and Scott Martin will be looking to hold onto their fourth place overall.


Let's sum this up: Meeke had to retire for the day after a quite innocent looking impact on day 1, lost over 20 minutes with electrical problems on day 2 and then got hit by another car in the evening and has to miss day 3 because there's no Rally 2 in Monte Carlo.

That's enough bad luck for at least three rallies...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rally Championship

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...