Jump to content Jump to content

2021 FIA World Rally Championship

Anyone else find find it odd that M-sport have made 4 fiestas in the time it's taken Citroen to make 2 C3's? Especially since they weren't even competing properly last year!
As said by @KevM, M-Sport seem pretty competent at churning out cars for paying customers: it's what funds the main WRC program after all! 
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2017/mikkelsen-polo-return-/page/4251--12-12-.html
A bit more info here:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127886/mikkelsen-still-working-on-private-17-vw-deal
https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127804/teams-fail-to-agree-on-private-vw-programme

I'm a bit worried. Last season when Kris didn't have that much pressure on him he was great, in the last rallies where he started to feel like he needed to prove that the first few weren't a fluke he was back to overdriving. The crash on Monte was a driver mistake (even though the car was twitchy it still was a clear mistake on his part), and now a pre event test crash. Wonder if he's putting too much pressure on himself for this season and tensing up and overdriving a lot again. Let's hope not.
Just mads at the moment, think prokop isn't driving until one of the next European rounds

With Meeke, monte is a tough rally, everyone gets caught out at some point. I mean, Meeke didn't really do much more than Ogier in terms of mistakes, but his was much more punishing. Crashes can happen at any time, and for a number of reasons. It could have been caused by something mechanical or a flat tyre. They said it was only a slow roll anyway, I'm sure it won't have affected him too much, even if a little embarrassing!
Id love him to dial it down to 95%.  
He doesnt need to be 110%, especially in tricky rally's like Monte, where just maintaining a steady pace would have had him on an easy podium by the time everyone else had dropped off....  :(
Just mads at the moment, think prokop isn't driving until one of the next European rounds

With Meeke, monte is a tough rally, everyone gets caught out at some point. I mean, Meeke didn't really do much more than Ogier in terms of mistakes, but his was much more punishing. Crashes can happen at any time, and for a number of reasons. It could have been caused by something mechanical or a flat tyre. They said it was only a slow roll anyway, I'm sure it won't have affected him too much, even if a little embarrassing!
Prokop Will do Rally Mexico with that car and then they will have both cars on corse
tbtstt said:
Azoresst said:
Too much DiRT 4 for Meeke, apparently:

https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/828324595128209411
I heard on the grapevine that he was trying to beat a time set by @SirPhilMcKraken again.
I'm waiting for the interiviews, "Meeke, what happened?" "Some random guy beat my time on Dirt 4 last week at the announcement event, its been playing on my mind ever since. I beat him but if he wasn't ill and I had to leave then he could have definitely beaten me and I would have gotten him a racing contract"

That last part only was wishful thinking :P
KevM said:
He doesnt need to be 110%, especially in tricky rally's like Monte, where just maintaining a steady pace would have had him on an easy podium by the time everyone else had dropped off....  :(
Yeah, could have easily picked up second or maybe even 1st on that rally if you had just held back a bit like Latvala did
KevM said:
Yeah, could have easily picked up second or maybe even 1st on that rally if you had just held back a bit like Latvala did
Or if Citroen brought their WRC car and not their WTCC car.
  • PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rally Championship