Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

2021 FIA World Rally Championship

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/134177/citroen-denies-budget-cuts-will-hurt-wrc-team

In some ways he has a point. If M-Sport can win both titles on a much smaller budget, then it's not down to money. But at the same time, if the car got designed wrong from the start then it's going to take a bit of money spent on redeveloping it. Let's hope Citroen can get some success this year or the next so they don't pull out completely.
http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/serderidis-steps-up-to-fiesta-wrc-for-germany-and-australia

So Serderidis for the two events that were left open on the calendar for them. Guess that means Suninen won't get any more outings this year.
So since we're supposed to expect the unexpected, I think it's much too expected to see the Toyotas dominate in Sweden. I think the most surprising thing will be that the Citroëns will hit the setup jackpot with the predictable conditions and Meeke will take a suprise win.
Dytut said:
I think the most surprising thing will be that the Citroëns will hit the setup jackpot with the predictable conditions and Meeke will take a suprise win.
Not sure if I'd class that as "surprising" or "miraculous"...

...I really hope Citroen can fix the C3 though. It's so frustrating seeing Meeke in a permanent seat, but fighting with the car! 
Oh boy oh boy, 100% going.

http://rallyestonia.com/hyundai-motorsport-to-start-at-shell-helix-rally-estonia/
They're going to use this as a test for Finland, I'm not surprised because last year the performance of Hyundai there was not good. Also, the title sponsor of the rally is the same of Hyundai Motorsport so this helps. It will be interesting fo Estonian fans to see a WRC+ in action...
Went to see Neuville do local rally here in finland (Autoglym rally) last summer, it was great first taste of the new 2017 wrc's before going to neste rally few weeks later. Hope they can get some valuable testing out of the rally next summer. 

gheeD said:
Went to see Neuville do local rally here in finland (Autoglym rally) last summer, it was great first taste of the new 2017 wrc's before going to neste rally few weeks later. Hope they can get some valuable testing out of the rally next summer. 

There is something about plain white cars  o:)
there has been few different views  and it depends how much fresh snow there will be. With lot of snow, starting back in the line would be beneficial, around 7th or so. Then again, with highspeed stages, first runners could clean up snowbanks in the curves so you can't really use them anymore. I bet 5-6-7 are optimal starting positions.
bogani said:
Ouch. It wasn't only Ogier being grumpy this morning.

"The organizers can go screw themselves" - Ott Tänak after SS3 wasnt too happy about the lack of plowing.
It had to be really bad thou. If you look at the splt 3 he lost +2.4s to Mikkelsen, splt4 already  +9.6s and in the stage end +18.6s. Overall classification - from SS3 2nd +2.4 down from Thierry, ss4 +19.4s from Thierry.  With last 6km atleast 15s lost thanks to deep snow. 
  • PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rally Championship