Jump to content Jump to content

2022 FIA World Rally Championship

FMaiso99

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
Question: what would YOU do with that bumper?  Have it signed?  Ebay it?  
I'd Ebay it, then use the money to pay for the repair of the f**ked rear end of my car! 

I have rewatched the clip multiple times now and Meeke was so lucky, that could so easily have been a retirement there. Fair play to Citroen, the C3 may have some handling issues on other surfaces, but it seems to be a tough car. 

Three different winners, from three different manufacturers in the first three rounds. Tarmac next, I wonder who will perform best? 
Well it's time for Neuville, isn't it? :-)

Dytut said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
Question: what would YOU do with that bumper?  Have it signed?  Ebay it?  
I'd Ebay it, then use the money to pay for the repair of the f**ked rear end of my car! 

I have rewatched the clip multiple times now and Meeke was so lucky, that could so easily have been a retirement there. Fair play to Citroen, the C3 may have some handling issues on other surfaces, but it seems to be a tough car. 

Three different winners, from three different manufacturers in the first three rounds. Tarmac next, I wonder who will perform best? 
Well it's time for Neuville, isn't it? :-)
Four from four would be pretty cool to see! 

dwkGravey said:
edgenz said:
The chopper footage shows how flipping close he was to flying straight into a spectator's car. Unbelievably lucky!
I still can't believe this is the worst that came of it:

https://twitter.com/IvanOrdazGP/status/841025244496244736

Volkswagen, still trying hard to keep drivers off the podium!  :D

KevM said:
dwkGravey said:
edgenz said:
The chopper footage shows how flipping close he was to flying straight into a spectator's car. Unbelievably lucky!
I still can't believe this is the worst that came of it:

https://twitter.com/IvanOrdazGP/status/841025244496244736

Volkswagen, still trying hard to keep drivers off the podium!  :D

Haha! That's pretty good. I wonder if the Citroen team offered to knock out the dents for him? 

tbtstt said:
Haha! That's pretty good. I wonder if the Citroen team offered to knock out the dents for him? 
Yeah.  They have a really good bodyshop at Citroen Racing, but they are up to their eyes most of the time -  :p

The guy looks like a proper rally fan, he seems quite chuffed that Meeke wrecked his CC lol

Hahahaha!!

Kris is completely silent the whole time, but poor Paul died a little inside when it happened.

Compression and bounce  - "Jesus Christ Kris! Oh noo" - off to the parking - "How are we going to get out of here" - "I told you..." - Paul Nagle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdKjCIxvc6Y                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Ogier has had his gearbox sealed for 'further inspection in europe' apparently, possibly something wrong. Could potentially lose his second place in Mexico 
Yikes, makes me wonder what they could have changed since it obviously got passed inspections on the last couple rallys.

The officials of the rally of Mexico took a lot of time yesterday before publishing the final ranking of the race but this one remains still in suspense. Indeed the final positions of Sébastien Ogier, Ott Tanak and Lorenzo Bertelli are reserved.
The Commissioners' attention is focused on the Ford Fiesta RS WRC gearbox, which obviously does not respect the regulations to the letter. It is possible that the three competitors are disqualified, are penalized with a time penalty or their team may simply be fined. All cases have already been seen in the past. Ogier's # 1 car seems to be particularly at the center of the discussions.

Dytut said:
Gearbox of all things.. dafuq could they have done with that?
Brings Prokop to mind, but it could also be some experimental part M-Sport jammed in there to see if it would fix any reliability issues.

On the topic of the standings, things are looking good! Latvala is only eight points behind, and if he happens to win and score one more point than Ogier on the power stage in Corsica he'll hop ahead. I doubt Toyota will see a win next month, but who knows? 

• PJTierney changed the title to 2022 FIA World Rally Championship