Jump to content Jump to content

2022 FIA World Rally Championship

FMaiso99

The i20 looked a lot faster on dry tarmac in monte than the fiesta. It looked like it held the road much better and turned in nicer. That will make a lot of difference in Corsica, more so than in monte when snow and tyre choices come into play. Whilst Paddon isn't the fastest on tarmac, Neuville and Sordo are very quick tarmac drivers, especially Neuville

KevM said:
The officials of the rally of Mexico took a lot of time yesterday before publishing the final ranking of the race but this one remains still in suspense. Indeed the final positions of Sébastien Ogier, Ott Tanak and Lorenzo Bertelli are reserved.
The Commissioners' attention is focused on the Ford Fiesta RS WRC gearbox, which obviously does not respect the regulations to the letter. It is possible that the three competitors are disqualified, are penalized with a time penalty or their team may simply be fined. All cases have already been seen in the past. Ogier's # 1 car seems to be particularly at the center of the discussions.
This reminds me a bit of: http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/how-the-best-racing-cheat-of-all-time-worked-1792828060

Maybe that's the reason Codies can't get Toyota's into? :P

versedi said:
Paddon changes codriver after Finland!

John has commited his whole life to rallying - is a tribute to what he has achieved at many different levels. A true legend of rallying! 3/3 pic.twitter.com/hdTllOI6te

— Hayden Paddon (@HaydenPaddon) March 14, 2017
Massive respect for Kennard - such a legend. Will be strange seeing Paddon with someone else, but had to happen eventually I guess. Interesting it happened mid season..

bogani said:
The more I see the Fiesta the more I think it's the ugliest car in the field. The front spoiler is hideous.

i20  <3
Hell no! The Yaris is the ugliest by far (that isn't to say that I don't like it, it just looks like a shoe box!). 

I do think the Hyundai looks good, but it's the least radical looking of all the new cars in my opinion. I was  torn between the Fiesta and the i20 as my fave looking car, but I'm still favouring the Fiesta: it just looks bonkers with all the aero!

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
The more I see the Fiesta the more I think it's the ugliest car in the field. The front spoiler is hideous.

i20  <3
Hell no! The Yaris is the ugliest by far (that isn't to say that I don't like it, it just looks like a shoe box!). 

I do think the Hyundai looks good, but it's the least radical looking of all the new cars in my opinion. I was  torn between the Fiesta and the i20 as my fave looking car, but I'm still favouring the Fiesta: it just looks bonkers with all the aero!
From the rear the Yaris looks horrible yes. They could merge the Fiestas front with the rear of the Yaris. That would be one ugly car.

Yuk.

tbtstt said:
bogani said:

i20  <3

Noo! Usually, for road cars, I hate aggressive designs such as Honda's, but the Yaris looks mean, aggressive and awesome. I love it from wing to splitter.

I'm undecided about the best or worst looking car myself, but they do look different from each other and that shows in your opinions. There is much more diversity this year, in looks and in the results. 2017 is more of a new era than I thought it would be and this is definitely a good thing for WRC.

tbtstt said:
bogani said:

i20  <3

Noo! Usually, for road cars, I hate aggressive designs such as Honda's, but the Yaris looks mean, aggressive and awesome. I love it from wing to splitter.
I don't disagree that it looks mean... a mean shoebox. :smiley: Irrespective of looks, the Yaris sounds great. From the video that I've seen the Yaris seems to have the most distinctive and aggressive engine note. 
YoMrWhite said:
I'm undecided about the best or worst looking car myself, but they do look different from each other and that shows in your opinions. There is much more diversity this year, in looks and in the results. 2017 is more of a new era than I thought it would be and this is definitely a good thing for WRC.
Absolutely. That seems to be one of the vital differences this year, the cars look unique, even to the untrained eye.

I know I have already said it in this thread, but there was so much hope last year that the 2017 season would deliver and, thusfar, I'm so pleased that it is living up to the hype. It has been a lot of years since I have been continually counting down the time until the next round. 

At first I thought the Fiesta looked the dogs but the more I see the front of Ogier's and Tanak's cars the more I can't help but get drawn to the flat silver sides of the front wings that curve into the front. They need to get a different colour there or at least some better designing. Elfyn's isn't too bad from memory. 

I really don't like the fiesta. Don't like the front bumper at all with those bits on the sides that go up to the arches. And I don't like the vents behind the rear arches, they stick out too far. The i20 is my favourite, which is funny as I didn't like it at all when it was first unveiled

tbtstt said:
I do think the Hyundai looks good, but it's the least radical looking of all the new cars in my opinion.
Yeah, I agree with this: the i20 has the least wow-factor of the four, but it just proves itself on the stages instead. Fortunately the Yaris was able to prove it's not just all-show-no-go. If you're going to stick LMP1-style mirrors on your shoebox, you better be able to back that up.

They're all ugly in their own unique ways.  :D It's the first year of the new regs, so they'll probably look better in the coming years. I like the Hyundai best, it looks like the most natural progression from the previous car. I actually think the Citroen is the least radical-looking of the current fleet, maybe because it has more rounded edges? It's aero fenders are blended in to the body a little better than some of the others.

I don't think any of these cars are as good looking as the 2016 Polo was though. Nothing on that car looked out of place.

Im not real impressed by any of the newer designs, i think the best looking years where the 1990-2005 there are some ugly exceptions in those years but overall my favorites are all from then.                  

WTF: ??  
  • You have posted 2 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 120 seconds before attempting to post again.

The best looking car of the last 20 years is the 03-05 Focus WRC. That car was mean looking. It has always been my favourite. The version before that was also stunning but that had more to do with the combination of the car and the livery.
Yeah. That Focus does remind of the current spec WRC's with it's beefy front and rear spoiler.

• PJTierney changed the title to 2022 FIA World Rally Championship