Jump to content Jump to content

2022 FIA World Rally Championship

FMaiso99

Ooh, my anticipation builds! Latvala uploaded a video to his YT channel detailing how he felt for the rally and what he expected from it. I've never seen him as relaxed and lacking pressure as I have now. Toyota could be the team to win him a championship. I've always considered that, for him, it's a matter of when rather than if.

Ooh, my anticipation builds! Latvala uploaded a video to his YT channel detailing how he felt for the rally and what he expected from it. I've never seen him as relaxed and lacking pressure as I have now. Toyota could be the team to win him a championship. I've always considered that, for him, it's a matter of when rather than if.

I'm thinking having Makinen as team principle is definitely helping.

Dytut said:

Weird that both Neuville and Sordo thinks they drove well but are behind on time. Something fishy with the i20 setup? Or has Meeke and Ogier really hit the setup jackpot?

Neuville lost quite a bit in the first two stages. He felt nervous apparently. I think he's driving with a bit of reserve because of that. He HAS to score points.

Dytut said:

Weird that both Neuville and Sordo thinks they drove well but are behind on time. Something fishy with the i20 setup? Or has Meeke and Ogier really hit the setup jackpot?

Neuville lost quite a bit in the first two stages. He felt nervous apparently. I think he's driving with a bit of reserve because of that. He HAS to score points.

Post interview after SS4 he said he pushed but still couldn't keep up with the lead. To quote him: "I'm running for my life. I feel like we're on the edge everywhere. We are close to the limit and we have to calm down a bit."

Both Sordo and Paddon also said they feel like they drive fast, but the time just isn't there. 

Dytut said:

Dytut said:

Post interview after SS4 he said he pushed but still couldn't keep up with the lead. To quote him: "I'm running for my life. I feel like we're on the edge everywhere. We are close to the limit and we have to calm down a bit."

Both Sordo and Paddon also said they feel like they drive fast, but the time just isn't there. 

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen the post interview yet. It's kind of strange that he was so much quicker than anyone else in Monte and Sweden and now he's pushing but can't keep up while tarmac is his wheel house. Hope he can do something tomorrow. He's still in with a shot for that victory which would be his second Corsica win.

tbtstt said:

Fantastic start from Meeke: only one stage lost to Ogier so far and that was due to slowing for Tanak! 

After a shaky start from Citroen, can the C3 deliver again? 

They definitively look good. At least two of them. Meeke has been spectacular and Breen very solid, but Lefebvres times are poor. And that's on his preferred surface...

Aaaaand Meeke is out :-/

SAT 10:59 - MEEKE RETIRESThe Citroën team has confirmed that the Northern Irishman has retired from the lead of the Tour de Corse. An engine problem is the cause.

Apparently there was smoke coming out after SS6.

versedi said:

I'd really, really like to finally see one of Hyundai's on top position this time! 

Paddon isn't really blasting on tarmacs yet so my money goes for Neuville.
Sordo has a lot of expierence on tarmac and can deliver a stable result - 3rd place would be nice to see. 

2nd - Ogier. 

If nothing changes my bet was almost accurate. - We will see whats Sordo is going to do. Awesome season and great fights with position changing.

YoMrWhite said:

Yep, 4 drivers in 4 different cars. Great stuff. Barring another late drama from Neuville, of course.

When was the last time this happened? Who's first to it?

Maybe 89 ?
On the last four rounds : 
-Kankkunen (Toyota) Australia
-Biaision (Lancia) Sanremo
-Oreille (Renault) Cote d'Ivoire
-Airikkala (Mitsubishi) RAC

juu1ius said:
1. Neuville - 4 out of 4 would be the best start for the series 
2. Ogier - can't but him any lower, only technical issues will stop him and he has been so lucky compared his teammates
3. Sordo - safe bet
4. Tänak - because i'm Estonian ;)
5. Breen /\ because of that  :D

I'm missing Tänak from 4th, otherwise my top5 predictions are coming true :)

Accro2008 said:

YoMrWhite said:

Yep, 4 drivers in 4 different cars. Great stuff. Barring another late drama from Neuville, of course.

When was the last time this happened? Who's first to it?

Maybe 89 ?
On the last four rounds : 
-Kankkunen (Toyota) Australia
-Biaision (Lancia) Sanremo
-Oreille (Renault) Cote d'Ivoire
-Airikkala (Mitsubishi) RAC

I meant the first four rallies of the season. But nice find!

• PJTierney changed the title to 2022 FIA World Rally Championship