Jump to content Jump to content

2022 FIA World Rally Championship

FMaiso99

YoMrWhite said:

Accro2008 said:
YoMrWhite said:

Yep, 4 drivers in 4 different cars. Great stuff. Barring another late drama from Neuville, of course.

When was the last time this happened? Who's first to it?

Maybe 89 ?
On the last four rounds : 
-Kankkunen (Toyota) Australia
-Biaision (Lancia) Sanremo
-Oreille (Renault) Cote d'Ivoire
-Airikkala (Mitsubishi) RAC
I meant the first four rallies of the season. But nice find!

Then it's 86, last year of group b :
-Toivonen (Lancia) Monte carlo
-Kankkunen (Peugeot) Sweden
-Moutinho (Renault) Portugal (after the withdraws of all the big teams due to the fatal crash)
-Waldegard (Toyota) Safari

juu1ius said:

juu1ius said:
1. Neuville - 4 out of 4 would be the best start for the series 
2. Ogier - can't but him any lower, only technical issues will stop him and he has been so lucky compared his teammates
3. Sordo - safe bet
4. Tänak - because i'm Estonian ;)
5. Breen /\ because of that  :D

I'm missing Tänak from 4th, otherwise my top5 predictions are coming true :)

Don't jinx it! :cold_sweat:

Accro2008 said:

YoMrWhite said:

Yep, 4 drivers in 4 different cars. Great stuff. Barring another late drama from Neuville, of course.

When was the last time this happened? Who's first to it?

Maybe 89 ?
On the last four rounds : 
-Kankkunen (Toyota) Australia
-Biaision (Lancia) Sanremo
-Oreille (Renault) Cote d'Ivoire
-Airikkala (Mitsubishi) RAC
I meant the first four rallies of the season. But nice find!

Then it's 86, last year of group b :
-Toivonen (Lancia) Monte carlo
-Kankkunen (Peugeot) Sweden
-Moutinho (Renault) Portugal (after the withdraws of all the big teams due to the fatal crash)
-Waldegard (Toyota) Safari

Yes, I think you are right. I even thought we had to go back as far as 1981, because somehow Portugal 1986 feels like an event that got cancelled.

Dytut said:

Soon...  Most likely we're looking at

1. Neuville 
2. Sordo
3/4 breen/latvala 
6. Ogier
7. Paddon

Not what I would've guessed after Friday. Or Saturday. Bloody exciting rally :-) 

I think Ogier will be 3 or 4th. the last  Stage is only 10.42km.. He is to good Driver to loose more then 14sec,even with  hydraulics problem,   on that stage

That was a great rally indeed, full of drama and close fights. Meekes heartbreaking engine failure, crashes by Hanninen, Tanak, Evans and Lefebvre, Breens intercom drama (anyone else thinking Martins frantic gesturing was more distraction than help?), Ogiers electric troubles and two changes of position in the last stage, with Latvala edging Breen by one tenth of a second.

Glad it's only 2 and a half weeks until Argentina.

I'm already celebrating the fact that the title race is on, and possibly three way! It's been two years since Latvala had a chance at the title after four rounds, and damn it feels good. The long winter is over!

It's a shame Sordo wasn't able to fend off Ogier, as it would have helped everybody. I think he might be nearing the end of his career soon. Breen pleasantly surprised me once again, and when Latvala retires both he and Paddon will be my favorite drivers for sure. Good on  Neuville for not making a silly mistake with the win in his hands, too.

Evans and Lefebvre have been disappointing so far this season. When Evans and Tanak reached the end of theirr contracts in 2015 I'd hoped for Evans to stay. Now, my choice would be the other way around. Lefebvre too: he'd been so impressive in the DS3 and now he's without a doubt the worst WRC driver. I'd say even Hanninen is better; aside from his horrible inconsistency, he's shown pace on a few occassions, those few being greater than Lefebvre's none.

Speaking of Hanninen, if Toyota are to really put up a fight against Hyundai this year they've got to get Lappi in the car ASAP.

Great job from Neuville earning him his second Tour de Corse win!
The season is going very well. Big battles and all the top drivers of all the manufacturers can win rallies.
@FloatingGrass I don't think you give Evans enough credit. He has quite a bit a speed but technical issues has kept him from very strong results a few times.

Scyy said:

I'm going to be boring and say it's going to be another Ogier win.  
1.Ogier

2.Neuville

3.Sordo (tarmac is definitely his best surface)

4.Latvala

5.Tanak

6.Meeke, Breen or Paddon.

I would like Latvala to finish higher but I'm unsure how the Yaris will be on a full tarmac event.  I'm also going to be very interested to see how the c3 performs on a full tarmac event.

Other than ogier and neuville being switched and tanak mine was pretty close. Glad to see the c3 is infact a good car and meeke was consistent till his car shit the bed.

I'm on pins and needles for Argentina and Portugal now. Neuville needs to rack up some serious points to be able to catch up to Ogier, and Latvala needs to focus on keeping at least equal. If Ogier gets above 3rd on both rallies it'll be a tall order for Neuville to catch up and it'll be up to Latvala to keep the challenge alive. 

Yeah, last year we had something like 5 or 6 different winners on the trot, but Ogier kept coming second or third, which meant he just kept extending his lead! Cracking start to the season though, and a brilliant rally! Unfortunately I was away rallying myself on Saturday and away watching other motorsport on Sunday, so I didn't get to watch any of it

In general even Ogier will have two rallies per season where he goes off or has mechanical failures, so it's not over yet. But Neuville has no margin anymore, he has to deliver all the time or his hopes for the championship are over. Latvala has delivered points even on rallies where he hasn't been fast, even in Mexica where the car didn't work well so he has some small bit or margin.

Evans issues for this season are Dmack related.  Where's Evans is fast, Dmack is not and vice versa. Imho Evans never was as fast as Tänak on gravel and on tarmac DMack just heats up too fast. I hope it rains in Germany and he gets a decent opportunity to show some pace.

juu1ius said:

Evans issues for this season are Dmack related.  Where's Evans is fast, Dmack is not and vice versa. Imho Evans never was as fast as Tänak on gravel and on tarmac DMack just heats up too fast. I hope it rains in Germany and he gets a decent opportunity to show some pace.

That's good for DMACK though, gives them better data for developing good tarmac tyres. But yeah, must be frustrating for Evans. And when the tyres work the car has malfunctioned instead.

Argentina seems suprising this year at least. Same as competition :) 

https://twitter.com/mausorio/status/851457012118552578

Edit: After more thinking, 120 seconds bot seems to do a job, until they got a sense how it works. reCaptcha should be considered when weird behaviour is detected. 

• PJTierney changed the title to 2022 FIA World Rally Championship