Jump to content Jump to content

2022 FIA World Rally Championship

FMaiso99

Does anyone know how the rules would work if it was four wrc cars? Are all 4 eligible to score points with the two highest places taking it, or is it 3 cars max with a fourth in a secondary team like last year? I would think an r5 is more likely, Hyundai seem keen to get the r5 out on wrc rounds to promote it as a winning car

Does anyone know how the rules would work if it was four wrc cars? Are all 4 eligible to score points with the two highest places taking it, or is it 3 cars max with a fourth in a secondary team like last year? I would think an r5 is more likely, Hyundai seem keen to get the r5 out on wrc rounds to promote it as a winning car

If I remember correctly it's 3 cars can score, but the top 2 of those are counted. So a fourth car would be... well.. crap. Unless they enter two teams with 2 drivers, but that's a bit odd. 2 teams with 3 drivers each for 2018 might be possible, but sounds expensive.

Where did you find out that it's only R5?

Seems like there was some confusing information in polish rally portal, that's fixed already. 
It does seem like Hyundai could have 4th driver! I'm happy! 

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/mikkelsen-could-join-hyundai-wrc-team-from-portugal-895438/

I was looking for the answer to the following question: What's the maximum amount of drivers a WRC team can consist of in 2017?
I thought there was a limit of three drivers. If you can enter more, you would think that one of the teams would've signed up Mikkelsen as their fourth driver at the end of last season, right? Now, each team has three official drivers.

I like the new 3 driver, 2 scoring system, but I agree with what Hyundai were saying the other week. If Hyundai were to get first, second and third in a rally, and say a ford came fourth, Hyundai should get the points for first and second and the ford should get the points for third, whereas currently no one would pick up third place points and the ford would only get fourth place points. If they had 4 cars, this would only make this problem worse, essentially blocking other teams from scoring points

From FIA WRC 2017 Sporting Regulations:

A Manufacturer:
7.2.1 Undertakes to take part in all the rallies of the Championship with a minimum of two (2) World Rally Cars complying with the 2017 Appendix J, Article 255A.
7.2.2 Wishing to score points in the Championship must register for the Championship with the FIA no 
later than 16 December 2016 using a registration form available from the FIA.
7.2.3 Will be awarded points according to Art. 5.3 of these regulations. For any one Manufacturer, a maximum of three (3) nominated drivers may be eligible to score points of which only the 2 best placed 
(see Art. 7.2.6) will score points according to their relative position. The third placed cars may neither score nor detract points from the other cars.
7.2.4 Must pay the registration fee of €319,830.
7.2.5 Must give the name of the competitor at the time of registration. This name must include the name of the car manufacturer.
7.2.6 Must inform the FIA of the names and obtain its agreement of the drivers entered, and specify which drivers will be eligible to score points in each rally before the closing date of entries of the rally concerned.
7.2.7 Which does not take part in a Championship rally will be fined the amount of the registration feeand must pay each organiser the due entry fee per rally missed and will be excluded.

• PJTierney changed the title to 2022 FIA World Rally Championship