WRC 2019 Thread

versedi said:
PaloSamo said:
Robert is not able to pull the handbrake, so he pushes it instead. This part of the track is very tricky. SS6 and Camilli off 200m further down the road.
 I know about that but it sounded weird and I didn't wanted to be taken as a total retard in english ;)

Lefebvre hit a tree but made it to the end of the stage. Tanak also.
Mikkelsen spun.

Monte takes it's victims.

Update from Bobby about the accident on SS3, translated by me so there may be some mistakes:

"After 6kms there was a one kilometer of an icy road and unfortunately there on this right corner we've slipped of the track.
I'm a bit disappointed. We've never tested on ice while we've driven with tyres for dry tarmac (slicks). I've analyzed the situation from corner before which was also icy but the grip wasn't so bad in there as I've supposed.
If this wouldn't be enough I've didn't switch off the turbine maintain [v: wrong translation for sure]. When we got of from the right turn without gas and without pressing the brake the turbo maintain was still pushing the car forward and we've slipped of the road and ended up hitting a tree with left front.

As I've said before I'm disappointed because a moment before I've thought that it won't be so bad, and next corner it happened that there was more ice and we're a passengers.  At 25km/h there was nothing we could do".

Well the turbo maintain switch explains a lot. That's how it's called?

I'm assuming "Turbo maintain" is the anti-lag. If the anti-lag was at it's most aggressive setting (which I assume it would be in stage), the would have no engine braking and be providing drive even with zero throttle.

Yes, anti-lag. Funny enough, Robert also says that the car was stood half on the road half in the ditch, but moments later Elfyn Evans had similar problems with grip and hit his right-rear damaging the suspension on Robert's car. Moreover, the hit pushed his Fiesta further down the ditch and onto another tree. But it seems to me that Robert takes full responsibility for the incident, saying that he underestimated the grip, judging it only on the previous icy corner, which was a lot dryer. And that he didn't switch the anti-lag off. Respect.

Underkex said:
Here Evans hitting Kubica's car.

https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/690541204644220928
Lucky to escape without damage there, especially since he's smashing the field in WRC2 right now by over a minute. 

Dytut said:
Meeke takes the lead at monte. Kind of sad that he's not doing a full season.

Btw, is WRC+ worth it? 
It is totally worth for me, especially that there isn't any Rally TV or related cover here in Brazil.

It gives you acess to the Highlights and most of the drivers POV and some other stuff.
The player bugs sometimes but nothing that can bother and never had problems on Live stages.
Same here in Canada, especially with 20% off right now. Absolutely worth it, for 3-6 hours of video every event, plus live maps and all the driver cam footage. I watched the replay of SS1 during my lunch, then the Day 1 highlights on my break. A co-worker was walking past my desk during some in-car footage and asked, "Is that a game?" I was so tempted to answer, "No, but let me tell you about Dirt Rally" but she wouldn't care. :lol:
I think kubica could do really well in Rallycross.
Forum won't let me click Agree and LOL.

Yep, really lucky that he didn't hurt himself there. I was really shocked when I've seen the photos after - it didn't looked like so powerful hit - it wasn't more than 60km/h. Probably it was some weak spot in roll cage.

Robert was also pushed by this Skoda after but I can't find the video right now.

I thought it looked bad when I first saw the video, that tree came straight across the front of the 'A' frame, which is probably the weakest part of the cage

The pre-event test crash joined with this one resulted in chassis of Robert's Fiesta being too much out of shape to try and repair it.

Meeke out too. Gearbox damage. Damn. 

Kubica making his way home in the team RV, following his Monte retirement...

https://www.facebook.com/rallyemag/videos/10153928634954973/

I like the guy, I really do.  He really deserves better
But there's an undeniable inevitability regarding his performances these days.

Kubingo is quite a fun game to partake in on the lead up to each round!

No offence, but is it because you envy that he already achieved more than you ever will, Kev? ;) 

I like his driving style and passion for the sport but his chances for the crown are very slim atm. However, time will tell. 

Craaaaaap... Latvala retired :(

Any other Latvala fans here? Nobody I can discuss his title hopes with?
Latvala fan here, and Meeke fan. :disappointed: Rough start, but it's early days. Really encouraging pace from Meeke though in that DS3.

If J-M could just find the preternatural consistency that Ogier has, he could be taking the fight to Seb every season in those Polos.

PaloSamo said:
No offence, but is it because you envy that he already achieved more than you ever will, Kev? ;) 
None taken my friend.  
Everything is relative & in that respect, I'm better at what I do, than he is at what he does! :)

KevM said:
PaloSamo said:
None taken my friend.  
Everything is relative & in that respect, I'm better at what I do, than he is at what he does! :)

Yeap, disrespecting others as opposed to pushing beyond limits ;)
Personal traits aside, most people forgot how Robert smashed the opposition and won WRC-2 in 2013. One-handed, and bruised emotionally after that terrible accident and saying goodbye to his beloved F1. I'm far from calling him a hero, but I admire his determination. Just a step lower from Alex Zanardi's level ;)

To change the subject; a true sportsmanship:

Oh don't worry, I push myself plenty, but I don't televise the outcome :)

Why not excel at WRC2 than struggle within the main program?  WRC2 was tried & tested to be work for him.  Elfyn Evans is a good example of how that can work
Maybe Lotos insist on pushing him beyond his comfort zone, who knows?

PaloSamo said:
KevM said:
PaloSamo said:
None taken my friend.  

Yeap, disrespecting others as opposed to pushing beyond limits ;)
Personal traits aside, most people forgot how Robert smashed the opposition and won WRC-2 in 2013. One-handed, and bruised emotionally after that terrible accident and saying goodbye to his beloved F1. I'm far from calling him a hero, but I admire his determination. Just a step lower from Alex Zanardi's level ;)

To change the subject; a true sportsmanship:

Hmph. He was probably trying to see how to make his sabotage look like an accident :wink:

Now Latvala has a one rally ban suspended for the rest of the year... this can't get any worse.. Oh well, I can still root for Meeke, Mikkelsen and Neuville, right?

Latvala will only get the ban if he makes such a mistake again during the season

I am also a huge fan of Meeke and Latvala. Bad rally for them. They are nice guys and fast drivers. It's a pitty what Latvala did, he should have taken care of the photographer.

KevM said:
Oh don't worry, I push myself plenty, but I don't televise the outcome :)

Why not excel at WRC2 than struggle within the main program?  WRC2 was tried & tested to be work for him.  Elfyn Evans is a good example of how that can work
Maybe Lotos insist on pushing him beyond his comfort zone, who knows?
Clearly, you don't know Robert Kubica. If he had been doing what you suggest he wouldn't have ever reached F1 and WRC. Good luck in your pushing, mate! :)
Underkex said:
I am also a huge fan of Meeke and Latvala. Bad rally for them. They are nice guys and fast drivers. It's a pitty what Latvala did, he should have taken care of the photographer.
He said that he wasn't aware that he hit anything due to mud obscuring the view, but the stewards didn't give credit to his story.