WRC 2019 Thread

If the Rally Canada goes though that is one step closer to having a World Rally in the United States! I am certain a USA round would have HUGE support.

Dytut said:
Poland might also be ready to go for it again.

It won't. Believe or not, but our rally managers have their hands tied because of old pricks from Polish National Motorsport Association. There was an option to run a joint event with Czech people, but our old buttheads said they can do it on their own, and here we are. We have to wait another 10- 15 years before all people from Soviet times retire here in Poland before things move forward.

WONDER WHATS UP THEIR ASS????????????  there have been plenty of rallies in the Eastern bloc, and for them not to realize that its exposure and good for tourism and the economy is just utter nonsense.

WONDER WHATS UP THEIR ASS????????????  there have been plenty of rallies in the Eastern bloc, and for them not to realize that its exposure and good for tourism and the economy is just utter nonsense.
Not enough money that they can legally steal.

Wonder how Mexico will turn out. Feels like it'll be a good indicator of how strong Neuville will be. This is his first time starting first on the road on gravel, isn't it? While it'll be hard for him to charge for a win from first on the road, will he be able to keep in contention for good points like Ogier and Loeb almost always did? If he can get a podium in Mexico I think he'll be unstoppable.

But it'll be exciting to see how Mexico pans out. Tänak, Mikkelsen, Meeke and Evans all have good road positions and should be up there after friday, and I'd wager that's the four in contention for the win. Neuville and Ogier will probably go for their internal battle a bit, not being overly concerned with the rest of the crowd as long as they beat each other.
Latvala and Lappi will suffer a bit from road position and will have to work hard to keep up. 
Don't think Suninen or Loeb will be in contention for the podium.

So if I'd wager a guess, top 5 on sunday will be....

1. Tänak
2. Ogier
3. Mikkelsen
4. Neuville
5. Lappi

Loeb just clinched his first stage win on the second pass through El Chocolate. He's bang on the pace!

And another stage win for him now, just 7.8 seconds off the lead. I can honestly say I didn't expect him to be that fast.

I thought that Evens car would have been destroyed! The Fiesta held up good. M-Sport is having a few difficulties but Ogier is still in fighting distance.

Evans seems to feel the pressure now that he's on equal terms with Ogier.

bogani said:
Evans seems to feel the pressure now that he's on equal terms with Ogier.
I haven’t seen the video properly yet, but from all live  it looked like he was pretty unlucky

I'm sure road positioning is helping, but still can't deny that Loeb is bloody impressive!

Sébastien Loeb. What an Extraterrestrial. Yes, the running order is helping him but it's been three years since he last sat in a WRC car, and that was on asphalt... to come back and do what he's done just shows how good he is. He's probably one of the best drivers ever to be seen in a car, including all the different motorsport disciplines

Hmmm.. Why is neuville before latvala on the road today? Latvala is rally 2.

Sébastien Loeb definitely justifies 9 straight world championships. He is doing really good, mega talent. It will be interesting to see the fight unfold between Loeb and Ogier.

Loeb in the lead. Incredible.

Though kind of the usual Dani, slowly hemorrhaging time when he's in the lead.

Tanak out with engine problems                               

Well then, looks like an Ogier win again. Impressive drive from him, that incredible consistent speed once again.

Ogier has been doing great! 22 seconds faster then the cars ahead of him in that stage. I am bummed that Loeb had that puncture because I wanted to see Seb vs Seb to the end. Glad Ford is leading the event, they need the points.

Does anyone know yet why Latvala & Tidemand who were both under Super Rally restarts, didn't go before all the others on the road?

sqdstr said:
Does anyone know yet why Latvala & Tidemand who were both under Super Rally restarts, didn't go before all the others on the road?

They use the standings before the super special stages to determine road position for the next day. At that time, Latvala hadn't retired yet. Tidemand didn't retire.

So Tanak and Neuville now did the same as Ogier in Sweden. I guess this will be a game without ending now for powerstages to come

YoMrWhite said:
sqdstr said:

They use the standings before the super special stages to determine road position for the next day. At that time, Latvala hadn't retired yet. Tidemand didn't retire.
Oops I meant Suninen but no matter, I understand now, thanks

I think I can say Rally Mexico has been the most exciting Rally so far this year. Really awesome battles! It’s awesome that Ogier and Ford could take the win. The championship is super tight this year just like last years. It seems that Meeke is in some sort of rut he can not get out of and I bet that Neuville has sore arms after beating his steering wheel.