WRC 2019 Thread

@dwkGravey Tänak drives for Toyota now. Paddon has one foot out the door and Sordo is close to retirement, also known as rallycross. 

@dwkGravey Tänak drives for Toyota now. Paddon has one foot out the door and Sordo is close to retirement, also known as rallycross. 
Oops meant Toyota wouldn't give up Latvala or Tanak, or M-Sport Ogier.

Time to give Tidemand a shot at it!

Kajto is also joining WRC so there's another contender for the seat. 

I would love to see Tidemand in a WRC, but I wouldn't put him in as a no.1 driver.

Dytut said:
I would love to see Tidemand in a WRC, but I wouldn't put him in as a no.1 driver.
Ofcourse, I would love to see him in a third Fiesta to be honest.

On Meeke, I really do hope he gets picked up by another team. I really do.

If Ogier were to change team I'd say Meeke would have a fair shot at M-Sport.

Or maybe, just maybe, if the rumors are true about a Skoda WRC team next year...

Dytut said:
Or maybe, just maybe, if the rumors are true about a Skoda WRC team next year...
As much I would like to be proven wrong, I just cannot see this happening.

The financial commitment required would be absolutely immense.

tbtstt said:
Dytut said:

Skoda representatives were presents at the last official wrc manufacturers meeting (Skoda never attended before).

Doesn't confirm anything but it's a pretty big hint.

bogani said:
Dytut said:
Ofcourse, I would love to see him in a third Fiesta to be honest.

On Meeke, I really do hope he gets picked up by another team. I really do.
I would love to see Meeke test drive a Fiesta. He could be a great asset to the team. The Ford car is one of the easiest to drive, reliable and fast. It might suit Meeke well. Only time will tell.

I think he’d be faster than Ogier on every Rally in a Fiesta, but finish ahead of him rarely! lol

He’d enjoy the Fiesta more which would undoubtedly take ‘some’ pressure off.  M-Sport would have plenty of shells lying about should the need arise.  Ford would be perfect.

Accro2008 said:
tbtstt said:
Dytut said:

Skoda representatives were presents at the last official wrc manufacturers meeting (Skoda never attended before).

Doesn't confirm anything but it's a pretty big hint.
And the rumour I've read is that Skoda have kept Tidemand in WRC2 so he can join WRC with them when they enter.

versedi said:
Kajto is also joining WRC so there's another contender for the seat. 
He won't be doing full season, just 4 rallies. He would need at least one full season to get experience (WRC2 is very different world from ERC), and then he could be competitive. I like guy a lot, but let's be realistic- if he doesn't get full sponsorship from Lotos, he won't get into WRC. He is too old for factory team to invest into him (again- I would love for that to happen, Kajto is super cool guy, also great driver). 

And just when you think the Yaris couldn't sound better... New engine test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80VM3QukbQs&app=desktop#

Dytut said:
And just when you think the Yaris couldn't sound better... New engine test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80VM3QukbQs&app=desktop#
I think the guys over at Toyota have as a primary target to make the car as cool as it can be, performance comes next. I'm totally in love with that Yaris  <3

I wonder how Breen will react to being the impromptu no.1 driver for Citroën for the remainder of the year. If he ever wants to show himself ready to challenge for the championship in 2019 and be a real no.1 driver in the team now's the chance.

He’ll not have to worry about 2019, I don’t think Citroen are...

KevM said:
Think they'll drop out for 2019? I'd wager they'd at least make a try of it, and if 2019 also goes downhill they'd drop out for 2020. 

Ogier going to Citroën isn't impossible. The C3 can be quick, and they seem to have the worst of the handling problems fixed by now. Loeb showed that it can be quite competitive.

I don't think it's easy to lure Ogier away from M-Sport, but if the deal is right... 
I feel like Citroën needs to go for the title next year or they'll have to conceded they built a bad car. And for the moment there are only three drivers that have shown that they can just get in a new car and win rallies, and that's Ogier, Tänak and Loeb.

So predictions for Sardegna?

Ogier will charge hard to beat Neuville, and Tänak will want to try to catch up with the championship. I'd wager at least one of those three will end up in rally 2 during Friday and at least one of them ends up on the podium. Will be a fight to watch to say the least :-D

Will be interesting to see if Mikkelsen finally gets some consistent speed out of the i20, and if Evans can keep the pace up now that he found it Portugal. Hope to see Breen with a good feeling in the car aswell. 

KevM said:
Well Citroën is staying for at least two seasons more: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/june-2018/citroen-confirms-future/page/5506--12-12-.html

I agree, I think Ogier will push hard and that Evans will try to show his form from Portugal. It needs to happen if he wants to stick around at M-Sport.

I think Paddon is going to be really quick in Sardinia. He showed great pace there last year and he can be quick if he doesn't make any mistakes. Neuville will struggle on Day 1 on the other end but I think he'll have a better rally than Argentina

Well Mikkelsen has found some speed for the morning loop at least :-) 
Neuville getting some help from the rain but still good work holding 2nd place from first on the road. Still very open so the afternoon will be interesting.