WRC 2019 Thread

carpa said:
I think Paddon is going to be really quick in Sardinia. He showed great pace there last year and he can be quick if he doesn't make any mistakes. Neuville will struggle on Day 1 on the other end but I think he'll have a better rally than Argentina
Well... That didn't exactly go to plan.

Looks like it'll be damp for the afternoon aswell. Lots of water in the ruts so might not be that good for Neuville, but it's anyones guess what's the best road position. Think Mikkelsen in the middle of the pack will be best off to be honest.

Oh Mikkelsen :-/ Gearbox appears to have disintegrated.

Ogier won't transfer to Citroen, not because of how seemingly bad it handles, but because of the trauma he has from his brief time with that team. They treated him really bad, but back then they didn't care about anything but  making sure Loeb is happy (which TBH made sense back in glory days).

My eyes are on Kajto, hope he finishes the rally and gets experience he needs. As for top drivers- I root for Latvala. He seems to be super humble and friendly, hope he and Toyota will do well (Tanak was my favourite last season already). 

Well, there goes 2 of the 3 point scoring Fords. I mean, come on guys! Don’t let Hyundai mop the floor with you guys. I think M-Sport needs another veteran driver along side Ogier to score more points. So far for the first day it looks like Tanak pushed to hard and Nueville was on the edge of pushing to hard.

Dayuuum, that was one spectacular day :-D Fights all around.

But Latvala :-(

Well this has to be one of the most exiciting sundays in ages. Seb and Thierry are fighting like crazy. The adrenaline smiles of two drivers going head to head for real in the interviews after the stages are awesome :-)

Haha! Ogier smiled, didn't give an interview, and then went off without his timecard on the penultimate stage. He is excited :-D 
0.8 second between them before the power stage.

I’ve been absolutely glued to All Live this morning, it has been ridiculous so far. Ogier and Neuville pushing each other to the absolute limits! Let’s hope it doesn’t end because Ogier forgot his time card!

Yeah it would be rather anticlimactic for such a great battle to end that way.

All live has paid for itself this morning alone. As a Thierry fan as well, this power stage is going to be epic. What is this time card nonsense!? 

https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/status/1005750682639650816

Not to worry then :-D

I checked the regulations, and there shouldn't be an issue with Tänak picking up Ogiers timecard. Pretty much all the rules are when submitting the timecard.

I can’t see Ogier being penalised, unless there are any specific rules about it. From what I’ve seen on Twitter, the only rules about time cards say the crew is responsible for it. Being irresponsible for it doesn’t then necessarily mean you get a penalty. Even a fine would be stupid.

Anyway, that was a fantastic last day of the rally, I was literally on the edge of my seat watching Thierry come through the powerstage, and I was up on my feet watching Ogier come through! I didn’t mind who won, but I think Thierry deserved it for that drive!

Time card issue is resolved. They got a €10000 fine and point deduction, but it's suspended and will _only_ be applied if they manage to forget their time card again. I have a feeling that Julien will have meticulous control over the time card from now on ;-)

Ogier has been given a fine of 10.000€ and if something like this happens again, he loses his 22 points and Ford's 18 points.

https://www.facebook.com/FanClubTNNG/photos/a.320227184699101.84242.311392328915920/1684135864974886/?type=3&source=48

sqdstr said:
Ogier has been given a fine of 10.000€ and if something like this happens again, he loses his 22 points and Ford's 18 points.

https://www.facebook.com/FanClubTNNG/photos/a.320227184699101.84242.311392328915920/1684135864974886/?type=3&source=48
But it's a suspended sentence. Only applies if they manage to forget another timecard. At least that's how I understood it.

Dytut said:
sqdstr said:

But it's a suspended sentence. Only applies if they manage to forget another timecard. At least that's how I understood it.
removal of points is suspended yes, that 10.000€ fine is final.

Ah, that makes sense :-)                          

€10,000 is absolutely stupid! Money grabbing fia! Honestly how can the enforce that fine!? I hope Ogier appeals that as far as he can, that is insane! Plus suspended points penalty, madness!

it's better to take the fine than lose the points. I'm sure they can afford it
Of course, but 10k is still a lot of money! Even to someone on Ogier’s salary! Apparently it went down as an illegal service which is stupid. This shouldn’t have had any consequences at all, just a silly mistake, and it was the marshal who gave the time card to Tanak, so not really Ogier’s fault

it's better to take the fine than lose the points. I'm sure they can afford it
Of course, but 10k is still a lot of money! Even to someone on Ogier’s salary! Apparently it went down as an illegal service which is stupid. This shouldn’t have had any consequences at all, just a silly mistake, and it was the marshal who gave the time card to Tanak, so not really Ogier’s fault
I'd happily pay 10k to keep 22 Championship points... That is, if I had 10k, a drive in a WRC car, and enough talent to get 22 points.
Spinning drive by both Thierry and Seb though, absolutely incredibile to watch