WRC 2019 Thread

Allright people! Get your popcorn! the circus is about to start!

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/september-2018/ogier-citroen-2019/page/5764--12-12-.html

Don't blame him, if Ford couldn't commit properly now then they never will in the WRC again.

Just a shame M-Sport cannot find another manufacturer to work with who are more serious about Rallying.

It’s crazy that ford had a world champion sat in one of their cars and didn’t want their name associated with it.

Reading Ogier’s comments make sense to me, he wants to win a title for a third manufacturer, which will be a great challenge and help to further prove that he is one of the all time greats (as if he needs to do much more than he’s already done)

Just saw the story on Facebook. I think Ogier is mad to move to Citroen, but fair play to him for trying to spread his wings. His departure makes the 2019 driver line up more difficult to guess as well. 

Yep. We'll see if Lappi will actually make his move to Citroën now. Most interesting will be who will drive for M-Sport.
Meeke?  Quite possible.
Latvala? Maybe, but sounds like he'll stay at Toyota.
Ostberg? Knows the car, but not quite a #1 driver.
Tidemand? Slight maybe, not a #1
Breen? Maybe if Citroën would fire him, but think he'll stay where he is
Lappi? Not likely, he apparently don't have much love for M-Sport
Kopecky? Maybe, same as Tidemand

think most likely line up now is:

Toyota - Tanak, JML, Meeke

Hyundai - Neuville, Mikklesen, Sordo/Padden

Citroen - Ogier, Lappi, Breen

M-Sport - Sunninen, Evans and probably Ostberg

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/139094/ogier-citroen-no-longer-doing-things-by-half

Allright then, if Citroën is going all in then that must mean they're going for a real three car lineup for 2019. I think they can actually make do with Ogier - Ostberg - Breen. Ostberg and Breen are both podium contenders. Lots of talk about Lappi maybe joining up, but if he gets the #2 spot then I'd be hard pressed to choose between OStberg and Breen for the last seat. I'd suspect Citroën will go for Breen in that case. But... my money is on both Ostberg and Breen staying with Citroën for the next year.

so another rumor - https://www.facebook.com/mwmsports/posts/879718102227794
Breen has offers from M-SPort 2+1y or Toyota, interesting choices. I would go for Toyota i guess - fast car, great budget and even better possibility to over come disappointing 2018 season. Redemption for Meek in M-SPort ? :smile:

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/ogier-gave-ford-ultimatum-before-citroen-switch/3188115/

Oh Ford, I will never understand why you hate rallying so much nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJWxS_-7brA

Tänak makes a whoopsie on shakedown.  Is he finally showing some nerves?

If you listen closely, the engine stalled mid braking (common issue for Toyota). Nothing to do with the championship battle nerves.

The car is now on the trailer and heading back to service, radiator is broken.

If you listen closely, the engine stalled mid braking (common issue for Toyota). Nothing to do with the championship battle nerves.
So it's for certain that the engine stalled itself and the stall wasn't caused by locking the wheels under braking?

I'm sure the wheels locked under braking, but generally does the engine stall this quick? It's just that all Toyota drivers have said that they have problems with the engine stalling mid corner or mid braking in this season.

I thought they had fixed it somewhat with the new enginge, but it seems to still be an issue.

Ott's car is fine, just a precautionary cooling system switch and ready to go again this evening, so no more SD runs.

Edit: Never mind, already heading back to the SD stage, seems like it wasn't that bad as they thought.

https://twitter.com/OttTanak/status/1047784797374959617/video/1

Yeah I was just pulling into the service park when he was heading back out. They had all the front off after and gave it a good going over. All cars have left for ss1 now.

Yeah... If I was Malcolm Wilson I'd consider grabbing Kalle for 2019.

Well that was absolutely awful. Clocaenog was ok, Brenig was a bit rough but it was enjoyable. Unfortunately someone had a very bad accident and we got red flagged. Penmachno was without a doubt the worst stage I’ve ever done, unbelievably rough and it broke the front suspension. We limped to slate mountain where we hit a rock and that was game over

:(
Sad day, rally is *very* hard on cars.  
I can’t express how bad it was. I’ll get some in car footage up in the next few days. There was a whole lot of swearing! I finished penmachno winded with pains in my stomach

Went to watch dyfnant today before heading home and the speed of these cars still leaves me gobsmacked. First time my brother and sister have seen them live and they couldn’t believe it

Well that was absolutely awful. Clocaenog was ok, Brenig was a bit rough but it was enjoyable. Unfortunately someone had a very bad accident and we got red flagged. Penmachno was without a doubt the worst stage I’ve ever done, unbelievably rough and it broke the front suspension. We limped to slate mountain where we hit a rock and that was game over
Damn, that explains why I didn't see you in Myherin.

Fully agree with your comment about the speed of the cars. The R5's look quick, the latest WRCars are just incredible.