WRC 2019 Thread

They were working on a new aero package. But last I heard they werent absolutely sure it would make it onto the final motor.

Looks like the 208 wrx. Not that I mind that ofcourse
I preferred the matte colour schemes on the Peugeot’s though. For some reason I’m not too keen on this Citroen, whereas the Peugeot’s were my favourite car on the WRX grid

https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/52398-rallye-automobile-de-monte-carlo-2019/

Monte entry list. Good numbers of R5s if disappointingly few RGTs, and some good French drivers missing drives unfortunately (Camilli, Lefebvre, Bouffier).

I realy like Hyundais side look tbh, least favorite is Citroen, it looks some how too plump. Toyota looks like complete finally, I really hated thous white Panasonic stickers on black front aero. 

juu1ius said:

Citroën have a really funny idea of 'Celebratory livery for the 100th anniversary'. That's just a red car with Red Bull logos on it... It's not bad but I was expecting something more to be honest

carpa said:
juu1ius said:

Citroën have a really funny idea of 'Celebratory livery for the 100th anniversary'. That's just a red car with Red Bull logos on it... It's not bad but I was expecting something more to be honest
It has some stuff on the back about the 100 year anniversary

carpa said:
juu1ius said:

It has some stuff on the back about the 100 year anniversary
From the same team that did THIS for Loeb's supposed last race in the WRC (Alsace 2013), I was expecting something more...

No but I've been a few times before. It's a great rally and if it's as it used to be you can really mingle with the drivers in monaco. Last time I went was 2003 though. Very jealous. Met McRae,  Burns, Solberg over there and had time to talk to them and get photos as it had relatively small amount of fans there compared to gb.

Grönholm in a Yaris WRC in Sweden is now confirmed! Fantastic  o:)

Also, Bertelli will join Sweden with his Fiesta WRC, the more the merrier :) 

Ostberg in a Citroen R5 for WRC2 Pro for the season, starting in Sweden. Personally feel it's a pity Gronholm is in a WRC car and not a WRC2 one where he could properly compete.

Oh, also, Fernando Alonso is due to test the Yaris WRC later this year.

Ostberg in a Citroen R5 for WRC2 Pro for the season, starting in Sweden. Personally feel it's a pity Gronholm is in a WRC car and not a WRC2 one where he could properly compete.

Nahhh, Marcus should retire with a bang in the top class imo. It will be extremely interesting to see what he can do. Marcus and Sweden is a special combo. 

bogani said:

Nahhh, Marcus should retire with a bang in the top class imo. It will be extremely interesting to see what he can do. Marcus and Sweden is a special combo. 
The realist in me don't see him scoring any top results. Dude's 50 years old. I would love to be proven wrong, though... he was a very late bloomer, after all.

bogani said:

The realist in me don't see him scoring any top results. Dude's 50 years old. I would love to be proven wrong, though... he was a very late bloomer, after all.
True, I don't really see him scoring points, but if he can set a few good times along the stages I'll be delighted  B)

I would pay to see Makinen take the second Toyota to pair with Gronholm while the youngsters watch how it's done.
Would repeat the process in Finland.  B)

Janne Tuohino with Fiesta WRC '17, 14 new generation WRC cars registred for sweden.

Monte closing in. Time for silly predictions!

I think Monte will be won by Ogier once again. He'll keep the speed up and have his usual 30 seconds advantage at the start of sunday. Most likely Tänak and Neuville fighting for the rest of the podium after some minor mistakes by both. And I bet Loeb will be up there fighting for the lead for a while, but getting into some minor accident on saturday.

Monte is so unpredictable. It can easily be won on a good tyre choice. I do feel Ogier has the best chance though.