WRC 2019 Thread

Last stage is gonna be unreal. Apparently Ogier has a very small issue, and Neuville has the bit between his teeth. Gonna be a hell of a power stage.

Even better, they're showing the R5s first (although not Sarrazin's Hyundai unfortunately). Good idea, I hope they do more of this.

Even better, they're showing the R5s first (although not Sarrazin's Hyundai unfortunately). Good idea, I hope they do more of this.
I think it's only because there aren't any restarts permitted for Sunday in the Monte. But yea, they should show more R5

Couple of really good RC2 performances from Greensmith (21 y.o., first Monte) and Formeaux (2nd ever 4WD rally) this weekend, taking it to (relative) veterans like Sarrazin and Bonato.

Jepsertti said:
I really feel like Ogier is going to repeat what he did in 2017 with the Fiesta.
Seems like I guessed right :smile:

Big thumbs up for Meeke's pace with the Toyota too, can't wait for the rest of the season!

Wow, what a win and what a rally, but what drives from both of the top two, right to the end; Neuville just as much a part of that as Ogier. Hopefully the Citroen makes it back the final control without issue.

Still think Tanak is favourite for the season overall after this weekend.

Bring on Sweden!

Yeah what a battle between Ogier and Neuville, I really thought Neuville was going to take it. 
Also, Tänaks fightback to third was great to see. Meekes pace was encouraging, will be fun to see what he can do now.

Well plenty to talk about from the opening round! Superb performance from Ogier in a car that many are unsure about, with a very tight fight with Neuville for first. Early delays for the Toyota trio, but a massive push from Tanak and a decent drive from Meeke as well. Loeb not quite on front running pace yet, but given he has came to Monte Carlo on the back of the Dakar, he may not have been on his best form.

A weekend to forget for M-Sport in terms of the upper tier, but a great result for Gus Greensmith and the R5 Fiesta in WRC2. 

Rallystu2 said:
Not wrc related but is anyone visiting the Cambrian rally next month?
No plans for this year. I do enjoy it, it’s always been a favourite of mine, but it’s been a few years since I’ve been. Hopefully I might be out on some rallies later in the year like the Nicky Grist. But currently the only definite plan I have is the RAC, and maybe Rally GB

Let us know. I may pop along. I haven't spectated the Cambrian before so I was after some insider knowledge.

Rallystu2 said:
Let us know. I may pop along. I haven't spectated the Cambrian before so I was after some insider knowledge.
I haven’t spectated in it for about 8 years! Last few times I’ve been I’ve been inside the car!

My predictions for SWE : with out snowfall: 1. Tänak 2. Latvala 3. Neuville. With snowfall... who knows. Seems like Ott has most optimal starting position in both situation. With clear road - 2 cars before him will still left some ice and there for some grip left and if it snows - 2 cars has done some plowing. 

Edited by juu1ius

I think Sweden will very much depend on how good the Citroen is on snow. In previous years it’s proved to be a dog in unpredictable conditions. Ogier will either be up there or he’ll be let down by the car. Neuville has been very quick in the snow before, so I think it’s most likely between him and tanak

yeah, if there is any snow left. Long term weather cast is not good 7C in the day and -6C in night. the Photo taken 9.02.

164ffd7c8f1cf8ead2138d7f50ea0638.jpg

Yeah we got some sudden warm weather after having really good snow conditions for the last few weeks 😕 Hope the night time cold will be able to keep the roads decently frozen.

1 hour ago, juu1ius said:

yeah, if there is any snow left. Long term weather cast is not good 7C in the day and -6C in night. the Photo taken 9.02.

164ffd7c8f1cf8ead2138d7f50ea0638.jpg

Oh God, not 2016 yet again... Patrik-Pangerl-23-Hayden-Paddon-WRC-Rally-Sweden-2016-Hyundai-i20-WRC.thumb.jpg.4ea3bfbac84459f4d1a459c210488e4e.jpg

And here we can see a World Rally Car provided with studded tyres out of its natural habit. Look how the car naturally directs itself to the margin of the road, dipping the front wheel on the inside in a desperate attempt to reach the snow beneath. These animals are used to the icy conditions in Sweden and face many difficulties when the snow doesn't come. 

There's still decent amounts of snow left, so there will be snowbanks. Hopefully it's cold enough that the road surface stays frozen.

In other news, the lineup for this year is bloody awesome. Loeb and Grönholm as an added bonus in the top class, and the R5 lineup is really top notch. Can't remember last time there were so many big names just in R5. I counted 9 potential winners.

Solberg and Subaru - reunited in rallying! It’s a dream come true to be driving for Subaru Motorsports USA in 2019, and in the classic blue and yellow livery just like my father drove 😍 today is a very proud day for me, and I can’t wait to get started!

• Agree 2

Oh how I've missed Marcus Grönholms stage end interviews! 

Oi-oi-ooooi! :classic_tongue:

Big shame for Sunninen this morning, I was hopi g he could get a podium. The Citroen seems to be performing well despite Ogier and Lappi making mistakes (and on that, wow Lappi was lucky). I hope Thierry can pull some time back to catch up to the front

• Agree 1

Funny clip from one of Fridays stages. 

Edited by mirk1983
  • Haha 1

Yeah too bad about Suninen, I was rooting for him to at least keep fighting with Tänak. Unfortunately a bit too unexperienced to keep that high pace over a full rally still. 

Just a few seconds betwen P2 and P4 tomorrow, so will be a nice fight for second at least. 

WRC? Is not mentioning WRC, on the Codemasters Community DiRT Games General Discussion Forum a bit like swearing?! 😂 🤣

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1
Additional information added.