WRC 2019 Thread

gheeD said:
Something interesting i saw on the mexico preview show, Mäkinen said they already have selected the drivers for toyota but are not allowed to reveal them yet. Has this been in the news yet?
The drivers are choosen for some time now, not exactly sure but I think I've seen a list like this somewhere:
Mikko Hirvonen
Petter Solberg
Some Japanese

P.S. Livery confirmed:

Yeah, the rally mexico preview magazine had some shots from the reveal of the car, looked nice.

Ive been following the rumours for the drivers, but this is a interesting fact that they have already been chosen and not being searched anymore

That looks... kinda boring.

Will be fun to see Hirvonen and Solberg again if those names are correct :-)

My personal bias is still for Lappi, I'd be disappointed if those old geezers would be chosen :-)

I dont think Solberg will do a full season. Not with his RX campagin going so well. I culd imagine that he is doing selected rounds and in turn he will get factory support to do an Yaris RX.
Or he could do a full 2016 WRC in preperation for the WRX 2017 season while having the rx car developed.

gheeD said:
My personal bias is still for Lappi, I'd be disappointed if those old geezers would be chosen :-)

I dont think Solberg will do a full season. Not with his RX campagin going so well. I culd imagine that he is doing selected rounds and in turn he will get factory support to do an Yaris RX.
Or he could do a full 2016 WRC in preperation for the WRX 2017 season while having the rx car developed.
I've completely forgot about him participating in RX....that makes @gheeD right!

Latvala FINALLY leading an event, and by a nice comfortable margin at that. End of the first day 32.5 seconds ahead of Ogier. Let's just hope what with his low starting position and his pure unrivalled skill he wins this one. Also really excited for the Guanajuato stage. Monstrous!

Let's hope Latvala can stick this out, because I'm sure everybody in WRC except for Ogier friends and family would love to see a Jari win. 

He wins but IMHO it's not actually winning...if not the order of start for two days and Ogier letting off yesterday's evening Latvala would have some big problems to keep the first place.I suspect that was team's order to let off and give him the win (tactical, Latvala 0 points, Ogier two wins already). 

versedi said:
He wins but IMHO it's not actually winning...if not the order of start for two days and Ogier letting off yesterday's evening Latvala would have some big problems to keep the first place.I suspect that was team's order to let off and give him the win (tactical, Latvala 0 points, Ogier two wins already). 
He's been fast, and Latvala usually goes well in Mexico. He's kept his head from a winning position for the majority of the rally, in what is one of the most breaking rallies of the year, and he remains in first. To me, that's winning. 

I think blaming road position for Ogier not being in the lead is a discredit to Jari's performance. If team orders were indeed in effect, then I don't think you would see such a big and ever increasing gap between Jari and Ogier. 

If Jari holds on and wins, then it's a proper win. He will have won because he deserved to win it. 

This year's Finland Rally will feature Ouninpohja 2, a famous stage driven in opposite direction :)

The ERC 'Circuit of Ireland' rally is go in approx. 5 minutes!

With the new suite of R5 cars for the local boys ,its going to be unreal!  The weather here looks changeable, I think with everyone trying hard, there will be a few caught out!

2 of the stages are literally seconds from my house, so I'll be standing in a field most of saturday! :)

https://twitter.com/CircuitIreland/status/718037511138906113

KevM said:
I think with everyone trying hard, there will be a few caught out!

5 mins later - Yep...

https://twitter.com/FIAERC/status/718045257666002944

@KevM, I envy you like hell! Make sure to support Kajto for me ;) BTW: My brother was his high school friend :)

PaloSamo said:
@KevM, I envy you like hell! Make sure to support Kajto for me ;) BTW: My brother was his high school friend :)
He's qualified 2nd so far after Elfyn (who I predict to dominate this one)

Hope Evans wins :-) I really want to see him brimming with self confidence for next years WRC season.

I think EuroSport cover the ERC bear                  

https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/718057886539202562

https://twitter.com/FIAERC/status/718064544116039681

https://twitter.com/IrishTarmacTROA/status/718111990649069570

Because Tarmac physics - :p 

Here's a live feed @thecraicbear .  Elfyn seems to be out?

https://youtu.be/eUYQDK6fm3U

Engine cooked, end of rally. Breen has shown the boys how to drive on the "best bit of Tarmac in the world" :)