WRC 2019 Thread

It basically looks like the i20 took even more steroids. I think all manufacturer cars are gonna end up looking pretty similar in 2017. 
I think the i20 2016 went with a VW style design, and it looks like the C3 is going for the same approach. 

I suppose it's a case of, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" 

The Polo and the Fiesta are the best looking of the current crop of cars (in my personal opinion) and I'm expecting the same again with the 2017 cars.

tbtstt said:
versedi said:
Well it's not WRC but what the heck.
I'd love to see rally like this in DR or next title. Such a nice tarmac stage.

https://youtu.be/u3L5IfR6UkM?list=PLVyRAt2cxbxtf8jr91kqhUxYCWhMg0Uua

After watching @edgenz I want NZ. So beautiful landscapes!
If we could pick any location to be added to the game, then Irish tarmac stages would be my first choice!
The Glens stage would be great

Hayden Paddon has almost half a minute advantage over Ogier before today's last leg (3 stages). Boy, do I wish him to win in Argentina! 

PaloSamo said:
Hayden Paddon has almost half a minute advantage over Ogier before today's last leg (3 stages). Boy, do I wish him to win in Argentina! 
mate - I'm peaking. will be a massive job to hold him off though - i'll be up at 2am to watch the wrc+ live stream!

My god the current promotor does a bad job covering the WRC. And I really can't stand listening to Jon Desborough. Sounds like a total d*ck.

What a boring season, another Latvala stone-crash lost rally. At least Paddon is winning insted of Ogier. Right now my fun is in the RX, WRC is boooring.

At least they made it harder for Ogier by messing with the starting order. He is struggling as a road cleaner, isn't he?

And yeah, RX is great to watch and there is drama and controversy right from the beginning. Go Mr. Hollywood! 

bogani said:
My god the current promotor does a bad job covering the WRC. And I really can't stand listening to Jon Desborough. Sounds like a total d*ck.
I love Jon! He's a great guy, too. His commentary is great, which isn't surprising because he's covered the WRC for many years. Never fails to be boring. 

gheeD said:
such baad luck for Latvala again...  :'(

too short
I don't know whether the damage was the result of what would happen 9 times out of 10, or whether it was a freak failure of the component, but I think I would have had that rock step in my notes! 

bogani said:
I love Jon! He's a great guy, too. His commentary is great, which isn't surprising because he's covered the WRC for many years. Never fails to be boring. 
I enjoy listening to the Welsh dude if that's him? I imagine I'm listening to Bryn from Gavin & Stacey and it's usually good for a few laughs

Wow, yeah sure thing, maybe you should call up VW and replace latvala then. It was a line anyone would and could have taken, but the car couldnt handle it anymore wether because the rough rally it had persevered before it and just gave up now or because of any number of reasons. 

gheeD said:
Wow, yeah sure thing, maybe you should call up VW and replace latvala then. It was a line anyone would and could have taken, but the car couldnt handle it anymore wether because the rough rally it had persevered before it and just gave up now or because of any number of reasons. 
Pal, I wasn't aggressively opposing your opinion, I was genuinely wondering because I didn't know for sure. Fucking hell. How dare I start a discussion to try and gain knowledge! That'll teach me. 

I really love seeing Paddon up there, hope he can keep it together today and get his first win.

Well your "genuine" tone didnt come across as wondering to me. Sounded actually quite opposite of wondering why latvala crashed, if it was his mistake or technical bad luck.

Maybe if you want to gain knowledge maybe you shouldnt try to ridicule the driver at the same time.

gheeD said:
Well your "genuine" tone didnt come across as wondering to me. Sounded actually quite opposite of wondering why latvala crashed, if it was his mistake or technical bad luck.

Maybe if you want to gain knowledge maybe you shouldnt try to ridicule the driver at the same time.
Are you fucking kidding me? Are you and him lovers? You must be reading a completely different comment to me, because nowhere in my comment was there any harsh criticisms, given the context. I clearly posed my comment as a quest to gain knowledge on that particular incident. 

Seriously, wind your neck in and stop being on the defensive. I was just wanting to have a discussion about it. 
Not that I need to justify it to you, but I really like JML, and would have him win titles over any other driver in the WRC due to how much he's deserved it, and the bad luck he's had over the years. So just settle down and see the comment for what it was. 

gheeD said:

Are you **** kidding me? Are you and him lovers? You must be reading a completely different comment to me, because nowhere in my comment was there any harsh criticisms, given the context. I clearly posed my comment as a quest to gain knowledge on that particular incident. 

Seriously, wind your neck in and stop being on the defensive. I was just wanting to have a discussion about it. 
Not that I need to justify it to you, but I really like JML, and would have him win titles over any other driver in the WRC due to how much he's deserved it, and the bad luck he's had over the years. So just settle down and see the comment for what it was. 

Not to say @gheeD 's comment was OK, but only thing you really wondered in your message was if their recce skills are good enough...

It was mechanical failure and that it, no reason to speculate more.

Kakkela said:
gheeD said:

Are you **** kidding me? Are you and him lovers? You must be reading a completely different comment to me, because nowhere in my comment was there any harsh criticisms, given the context. I clearly posed my comment as a quest to gain knowledge on that particular incident. 

Not to say @gheeD 's comment was OK, but only thing you really wondered in your message was if their recce skills are good enough...

It was mechanical failure and that it, no reason to speculate more.

Nah, I was wondering about the integrity of the part that failed 

tbtstt said:
Much better photo here...

...I would prefer it to have been based on the DS3, but still looks pretty good. 
It looks like a shoe.