WRC 2019 Thread

enamel said:
I know who isn't driving for MSport next year lol
*looks at Camilli*

Elfyn should replace him.
We'll see. But I personally look forward to see what Evans can do coming straight from a succesful WRC2 season.

http://yle.fi/urheilu/3-8873927 Mäkinen reveals Hänninen as one of the likely drivers for Toyota in 2017

Mäkinen says that Hänninen's experience in WRC2 with skoda and his experience with Hyundai WRC car in combination with his car development skills impacted the decision to hire him.

Dytut said:
enamel said:
*looks at Camilli*

We'll see. But I personally look forward to see what Evans can do coming straight from a succesful WRC2 season.
I think that his demotion to do R5 this year might prove to be a very successful move for the future.

And Camilli? I guess he must have had huge financial backing?

So i didn't know those things about Ogier & Co. but having seen other examples of him from last years title win (end of year wrap up thing) and watching coverage this year, i do not like them, specifically Ogier.

He comes across as a miserable git, and i don't like him for that, oddly, i never really liked Loeb either, so, fittingly, i just put it down to miserable Frenchmen, but i doubt it's all that.
Well, I still respect Ogier for wanting to win every single event, every single stage. He doesn't care if people like us like him or not, he just wants to win. He's quite good at it ;)

bogani said:
Dytut said:
enamel said:
*looks at Camilli*

I think that his demotion to do R5 this year might prove to be a very successful move for the future.

No financial backing for Camilli, just Malcolm Wilson.

bogani said:
Dytut said:
enamel said:
*looks at Camilli*

No financial backing for Camilli, just Malcolm Wilson.
*Malcom Wilson's very strange choice

Wow, Paddon burned his car to ashes. Tanak managed to set it on fire in the same place a bit later but locals prevented him in recreating Hayden's magical trick by using a hose pipe. Quite adventurous afternoon in Portugal. 

Wait, what? sheesh.

Also, running the rally early this event?  Thought they were Friday through Sunday?

Wait, crap, it's Friday isn't it? :(  what a week :/

http://youtu.be/J9fvTH_uWig

Paddon on was unlucky, got thrown out a rut or a hole and was just a passenger. Hot exhaust set the trees on fire and that was that

Paddon on was unlucky, got thrown out a rut or a hole and was just a passenger. Hot exhaust set the trees on fire and that was that
:''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(

Yeah, that really sucked, if anything, it truly hammers home the authenticity of the 'stupid shit' that happens in Dirt Rally :)

Also, Meeke leading the rally!!! :D   I *really* want his livery on the C4 in game, someone please! :sunglasses:

I was following it on WRC+ when it happened, saddened me to see Paddon disappear just when he was getting up to speed. And Ott, when he finally gets tyres that work and his car seems competitive, and then this happens :-/

Oh well, Meekes performance shows great promise for next year. And great to see a lot of drivers in the mix for the top spots again :-)

Second year in a row it's happened, believe it was the zero car last year that set fire to a large amount of forest. Paddon said he couldn't have done anything, he was fully committed to the corner when he hit a hole that wasn't there in recce/the previous running of the stage. Once he was off line, that was that

Yes, he shows remarkable speed and looks and sounds quite calm, too. I hope he keeps it together until the finish.

Great for Meeke, What happens to Latvala? And finally Camilli did something decent, not enough to quiet his haters.

Underkex said:
Great for Meeke, What happens to Latvala? And finally Camilli did something decent, not enough to quiet his haters.
I haven't been following it so much this weekend, but what exactly did he do other than set one reasonable stage time? Yeah he came 5th, but that's really only cause a lot of people retired. He's just not that quick, and I highly doubt he ever will be

I would also give some props to Mikkelsen who beat Ogier in a fair fight. They started in similar road positions and were batteling it out through the whole rally. I'm sure we'll see more of this in future rallies

Underkex said:
I haven't been following it so much this weekend, but what exactly did he do other than set one reasonable stage time? Yeah he came 5th, but that's really only cause a lot of people retired. He's just not that quick, and I highly doubt he ever will be

I find it difficult to judge his performance. He has only limited experience, but he beat Ostberg on most of the stages in Portugal. On the other hand, he had the better road position. Then again, both Fiestas were clearly the slowest of the works cars. Is that their real potential? Or are both drivers just not so fast?

One thing is clear, though: Camilli has made progress. The question is if he can keep this up. In Sardinia, his and Ostbergs road position won't be so different, so it will be interesting to see how their times stack up against.

Underkex said:
@Underkex Latvala had power steering issues on day one and never recovered :(

I know he hasn't got a lot of experience and you can't blame him for that, but that is precisely why Elfyn should still have his seat. One reasonable result just does t really do a lot for me. Speed and consistency are also two very different things