WRC 2019 Thread

Storms over Mazury district. (shakedown was before).

Seems we'll have a muddy Rally Poland this year.

https://youtu.be/k28LDeWAjsU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKoHU9-BieU

https://youtu.be/IgFlLb_KUWo

Muddy, that bodes well for the front runners. Will be nice to have a level playing field :-) 

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/june-2017/mikkelsen-finland/page/4655--12-12-.html <- Rally Deutschland for Mikkelsen aswell, replacing Lefebvre. 

Something tells me Mikkelsen will be driving full time for Citroën next year :-)

For now, alternating him between Lefebvres and Meekes spots shows that they're pleased with Breen, and that the other two should stop crashing the bloody car.

sqdstr said:
Neuville testing Hyundai i20 R5 for Ypres rally next weekend.
I love his livery, maybe one to make when they succed at repacking the .nef files? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KaCXMKoUJU
It's an odd livery but I do like it. The livery was created by a drawing competitions for school kids. Loix did that as well a couple of years ago. 
Unfortunately he rolled the car quite badly, six times to be exact. I hope that won't happpen in Poland. 

Dytut said:
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/june-2017/mikkelsen-finland/page/4655--12-12-.html <- Rally Deutschland for Mikkelsen aswell, replacing Lefebvre. 

Something tells me Mikkelsen will be driving full time for Citroën next year :-)

For now, alternating him between Lefebvres and Meekes spots shows that they're pleased with Breen, and that the other two should stop crashing the bloody car.
Yup, Breen has been Mr consistent with the retirements coming from bad luck more than anything. I'm hoping Meeke will come back after missing Poland and be back on his game.

Breens car messes up on the first real stage. Hope it works in finland, and that he gets the new diff and joker.

Maybe it is just me, but somehow a rally without Meeke lacks that element of drama he always provides. Let's see if that's a good thing for Citroen. So far they don't look too good...

YoMrWhite said:
Maybe it is just me, but somehow a rally without Meeke lacks that element of drama he always provides. Let's see if that's a good thing for Citroen. So far they don't look too good...
Hard to say with the conditions being as they are, Lefebvre and Mikkelsen are still in the running but we'll see how it pans out for the rest of the day. Think the front runners will have an advantage for the first run. 

Tough conditions...                                          

Dytut said:
YoMrWhite said:
Hard to say with the conditions being as they are, Lefebvre and Mikkelsen are still in the running but we'll see how it pans out for the rest of the day. Think the front runners will have an advantage for the first run. 

Quite an advantage indeed. Reminds me of Portugal 2001.

And Lefebvre going faster than Mikkelsen in every stage? Can we confirm hell has now officially frozen over?

YEES SUNINEN!! STAGE WIN SS7! really great on his first wrc rally!

Whoa, Suninen just got his first stage win. And here I was thinking he'd have trouble getting to grips with the WRC17 cars.

That's impressive from Suninen. It is a rally that suits him though but the fact that it's his first time driving a 2017 spec WRC car in competition shows his talent.
Neuville is surprisingly quick. I thought he might not be able to match the pace of Tanak and Latvala and would have to settle for third but he exceeds them at the moment. After the penultimate stage of day one, he's leading.
If all goes well, he'll catch up with Ogier in one of the next two rallies and hopefully win the title this year. After the pace and maturity he's shown all year, you can't deny the fact he absolutely deserves it.

Anyone hear and see Breen at the end of the afternoon super? He said he's petrified he might crash at every oppurtunity, looked as though he seen a ghost to be honest. Very concerning! 

Teuchter said:
Anyone hear and see Breen at the end of the afternoon super? He said he's petrified he might crash at every oppurtunity, looked as though he seen a ghost to be honest. Very concerning! 
Yeah, that was not a happy driver to say the least. Mikkelsen looked more relaxed, but something in his manner suggested that he was a bit on edge aswell. 

https://youtu.be/nLyvo7YgRX8

Mistake by Ogier                                         

Really tight battle between latvala tanak and Neuville! Has to be one of the closest rallies ever so far!

Noooo!                    

Problems all round for our podium trio. Latvala stops and loses third. Neuville loses 22sec - and the lead - with a puncture. Tanak leads but has no rear wing. Hayden Paddon is now up to third.

Neuville back in the lead by 2.5sec, only superstage to go today.
Tomorrow will be exciting right up to the final stage.

Latvala out on technical issues :-/ 

But we're (once again) in for a helluva final day. Just a few seconds between Neuville and Tänak after Neuvilles puncture and Tänak losing the rear spoiler. 

Tänak stuffed it up again! He went off in 2nd stage and lost more than a minute.
Neuville bashed the others on that stage, 9sec faster than 2nd and almost 20sec faster than 3rd. If he doesn't get in trouble I guess we know the winner already

Neuville said at the end of the stage that he'd been told Ott was pushing way too hard and was going to crash. Sounds like Neuville backed off ever so slightly and took a risk that Ott would make a mistake, and it paid off for him.

A bit gutted that the fight didn't go till the end, but why an amazing rally! Incredibly close all weekend, with 11 lead changes across 20 stages!

Game over Tänak, car is too badly damaged which means lucky Ogier gets to climb a place and will end up 3rd.
I'm sorry but who is Ogier again?