WRC 2019 Thread

Well, that was fast by Meek :/ SD showed how much first guys will benefit from starting position.

juu1ius said:
Well, that was fast by Meek :/ SD showed how much first guys will benefit from starting position.

Corner cutting on tarmac events should be banned...........it's not allowed on gravel so why Tarmac? It's unfair how handicapped lower starting cars on are in what realistically should be a level playing field (weather not included) Another failure for Meeke/Citroen.This is far from the season I was expecting from both parties.

Meeke already out on SS1, he cut too much and hit the concrete block on the inside.
Steering or suspension damaged, stopped on the road and had to be towed away.

sqdstr said:
Meeke already out on SS1, he cut too much and hit the concrete block on the inside.
Meeke's WRC career with Citroen is DONE! I'll be surprised if he sees out the season.Just ask Duval and McRae how ruthless Citroen can be.

Yeah... that had to be the last straw for Meeke. Open spot for Tidemand then.

I just saw a replay of the Meeke crash being shared on Facebook: right front wheel looks like it is wobbling before the impact? 

sqdstr said:
Meeke's WRC career with Citroen is DONE! I'll be surprised if he sees out the season.Just ask Duval and McRae how ruthless Citroen can be.

Honestly, Citroen has given him a lot of opportunities, but this year was just a complete disaster. They will go with Mikkelsen, Breen and Lefebvre for the last rallies, and I really doubt Meeke has any chance of a factory seat next year.

tbtstt said:
I just saw a replay of the Meeke crash being shared on Facebook: right front wheel looks like it is wobbling before the impact? 
Didn't see anything on the live feed, can you link it?

I don't seem able to link it, but it has been posted in the comment section of the "Irish Rallying" Facebook page (it has been recorded off the TV so the quality isn't great). 

Having watched it again I'm not so sure now: I think it may be Meeke making corrections rather than a loose wheel as I first thought. 

I saw the corner of that barrier as soon as the first car was running and thought, "If I was driving this in a video game, I would definitely clip that." 

SSS1, Ogier spun and lost 3.3 seconds to Neuville. Is the champ rattled?

Man, I feel so bad for Kris. It's like when I do too many shakedowns in DiRT 4 and when I do the real stage I push too hard in the first checkpoint and crash out :D

Weather conditions will be a big factor this weekend.

I feel so bad for Meeke, I really like him, but I can really see this year being the end of his rallying career :(

Meeke is in such a big mental pot hole right now. I feel really bad for him. 

I assume he's already got a mental coach? 

Aaaaand Lappi just did his usual "learning by doing", slow on the first 3 stages and now all of a sudden 2nd fastest on SS4. 

Mikkelsen in front early on.Also regarding Meeke,seeing as he's the one that did the vast majority of testing on the car is he partly too blame for it's inconsistencies? I mean his development skills must be questioned,right?

Where do you guys watch WRC besides WRCplus?
WRC plus does not have any live stream today. But I guess they are driving today?

Livestreams on wrc plus, but I find the best way to follow it is by the wrc radio and the live timing on wrc.com. 

I'm enjoying this one, nice to see a Citroen near the top and this weather is making things exciting. Lots of different stage winners and with the championship so tight I can't imagine how Thierry is feeling first out knowing Ogier has been there and done this championship thing before.  :)

Where do you guys watch WRC besides WRCplus?
WRC plus does not have any live stream today. But I guess they are driving today?
i use wrc+, twitter, one local  Estonian forum and http://www.motorsportforums.com/forumdisplay.php?14-WRC-World-Rally-Championship. Shakedown times can be found https://www.ewrc-results.com/. Also Estonain national TV has great coverage for the power stage on national with review from previous days :)