WRC 2019 Thread

And Ogier spins out. So now Ogier and neuville are neck and neck again

Where do you guys watch WRC besides WRCplus?
WRC plus does not have any live stream today. But I guess they are driving today?
Wrc plus has all the coverage. Info and fan videos/pictures comes from Facebook and Twitter. Twitter is genuinely a great way to follow the wrc, if you don't have an account, you can easily make one, then just follow anyone connected with the wrc, all the teams, drivers, presenters and a few fan accounts all post the latest news over the weekends

Mikkelsen in front early on.Also regarding Meeke,seeing as he's the one that did the vast majority of testing on the car is he partly too blame for it's inconsistencies? I mean his development skills must be questioned,right?
He can also only work with what he's been given, and Citroen seemed pretty intent on forcing the 2017 WRC regs to replicate their WTCC car. And sure enough they got a 2017 WRC that works great on dry asphalt.

Wow. The top two in the championship are only separated by 2.4 seconds. It would be really cool for Ford to get the win in Germany.

Seems very unlucky, he took a cut, and as the rear wheel came out the cut and back onto the road, it just seemed to catch the wheel on the edge of the road and ripped the driveshaft out, as well as busting the rear suspension. Gutted for him

Major setback for Neuville, 17 points conceded to Ogier.
And Tanak closing in fast now as well, 16 points behind Neuville.
Only 3 rounds left...

I've said it before, I wouldn't mind if Ogier wins this year - Mr. Wilson deserves it. Great mature drive from Ott, the hope for the title is still alive. 

Craig Breen loves his 5th places haha! Solid 2nd driver though.Great drive by Tanak...........who'd of thought he'd have the same amount of wins as Ogier this season? 

juu1ius said:
I've said it before, I wouldn't mind if Ogier wins this year - Mr. Wilson deserves it. Great mature drive from Ott, the hope for the title is still alive. 
Yeah, I agree. I know a lot of people seem to begrudge Ogier taking the title again, but it would massively elevate him in my opinion if he can win the title in something other than a Polo. It would also - as you have already said - be a long-deserved reward for Malcolm Wilson and M-Sport.

Title contender or not, Ott Tanak has been the star of 2017 for me!

tbtstt said:
juu1ius said:
Yeah, I agree. I know a lot of people seem to begrudge Ogier taking the title again, but it would massively elevate him in my opinion if he can win the title in something other than a Polo. It would also - as you have already said - be a long-deserved reward for Malcolm Wilson and M-Sport.

Title contender or not, Ott Tanak has been the star of 2017 for me!
I'm glad Ford and M-Sport got the win. I've been rooting for M-Sport this whole season and I hope they can take the Drivers and Constructors Championship.

The title battle is still wide open. Ogier obviously has a relatively big advantage now though. But with 15 points up for grabs in powerstage points in the next few rounds, it's all to play for. Thierry should be quick in Spain too.

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/rallying-news/wrc/rally-poland-loses-wrc-slot-to-turkey-for-2018/

So, looks like Poland is gone, turkey to replace it. Croatia more likely to join over New Zealand, but struggling to find a date for it. Rally GB and Spain likely to switch

If logistics are the problem for new zealand why cant rally new zealand and rally australia be held next to eachother in the callendar? That would save a lot more money on logistics

If logistics are the problem for new zealand why cant rally new zealand and rally australia be held next to eachother in the callendar? That would save a lot more money on logistics
Probably because it's not about how much money the teams would spend to get there but how much money the organizers would pay to WRC...

Rally GB should always be the finale.Wales in winter is a perfect place for rallying and you usually get large number of enteries,unlike Australia.

Yeah, the fact that Australia is the last round makes me like it even less. They really should bring the rally cack to Perth

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/citroen-yet-to-decide-on-fielding-meeke-in-catalunya-wrc-943804/

I'd wager a guess that if we don't see Meeke in Spain then his career with Citroën is over and Mikkelsen is their first driver for next year.

Most of the fans of the wrc are European, so it makes sense for a European finale. It's normally quite a good atmosphere in Llandudno for the finish of GB too. In fact the whole of rally GB is great, with all the nationals too. Although I have no idea what rally Australia is like first hand of course!

I think it would be cool to get a round of the WRC over here in the states. About Meeke though I think we will still see him next year. There is no way a huge player in the sport will just leave the championship.

Documentary that takes us behind the scenes over the 500 days leading up to Toyota's return to World Rally Championship racing after an 18-year hiatus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf6aNsSWpCQ

I think it would be cool to get a round of the WRC over here in the states. About Meeke though I think we will still see him next year. There is no way a huge player in the sport will just leave the championship.
Problem is it might not be by his own choosing. There are only so many spots on manufacturer teams and it seems as of now at least there are more drivers than seats.

I guess, it's time for lineup gossip then... My predictions as follows:
1. M-Sport (no Ford support)
Ogier- price tag too big for Citroën and Toyota will choose Tänak, who's younger and locatad near to the Toyota HQ.
Evans- storys goes that he already has a contract.
Sunninen 
2. Toyota
Latvala
Tänak
Lappi 
3. Hyundai
Neuville 
Paddon - last year to show his true pace and progression on tarmac
Sordo - I don't think both of them will be replaced, but retirament will be soon.
4. Citroën
Mikkelsen
Breen
Lefebre/Leob/Meek - will share the seat

Hmmms...

Hyundai - no changes, they all have a 2018 contract
Neuville
Paddon
Sordo

M-Sport (no Ford)
Tänak
Evans