WRC 2019 Thread

M sport will struggle if they lose both tanak and Ogier. Even more so if the Evans and Toyota rumours are true.
It is impossible that all 3 drivers goes to another team, they don't have place to go, just one place in Toyota and one place in Citroen.
Also MW said that he will retain 2 of his drivers, also Tanak and Evans has contract for the next season in M-Sport, so other teams would need to pay to end the contract, everyone is far too pessimistic with M-Sport

So what are the best bets for where Tänak ends up? If Citroën gets Ogier I doubt they'll go for Tänak aswell. Ogier/Meeke/Tänak would be a really strong lineup, but I doubt it.

Toyota has Latvala 100% certain, and I think they'd be complete fools if the don't runt Lappi full time next year. Tänak as nr 2 driver and Lappi as 3rd though, that'd be a really strong lineup. If Toyota has contracted Evans then I'd seriously doubt it.

One possibility is that Lappi has gotten a real good offer from M-Sport and will go in for a full time spot there, then both Tänak and Evans could possibly move to Toyota. But naaah, feels like Lappi is quite happy where he is right now.

I doubt any move from Eric Veiby drivers to M-Sport Ir looks pretty impossible, Pontus Tidemand when he joined Even Management, only did one rally with M-Sport, then moved to Skoda, so I think Veiby and Wilson have a "bad relationship". Evans should be safe, the only way he might leave is because Tanak and Ogier are contracted and M-Sport want some money and "sells" Elfyn to other team to get some money, and Suninen climbs to a WRC '17.
I am pretty sure that MSport Will have 2 drivers of this year+Suninen
The worst scenario Will be if Toyota and Citroen gives Multimillionaire contract to Tanak and Ogier, M-Sport Will go with Evans, Suninen and any young driver. But M-Sport is tanak's and Evans home, lots of money invested in those two drivers, Wilson Will not let them go easy

Yeah I personally believe Tänak - Evans - Suninen for M-Sport next year. Tänak is ready for a title charge, and I think M-Sport is the place that will have him as a solid nr 1 driver.

M sport will struggle if they lose both tanak and Ogier. Even more so if the Evans and Toyota rumours are true.
It is impossible that all 3 drivers goes to another team, they don't have place to go, just one place in Toyota and one place in Citroen.
Also MW said that he will retain 2 of his drivers, also Tanak and Evans has contract for the next season in M-Sport, so other teams would need to pay to end the contract, everyone is far too pessimistic with M-Sport
Where did the Evans to Toyota rumors started? Finish and Estonian media speculates over Tänak and Toyota. This story is supported by Markko Märtin relations with Toyota - their young Japanese stars are driving with his team. Also Toyota will have support base in Estonia including R5 development. Only scenario when I can see Evans in Toyota is the same @Fedemaisonnave mentioned above. M-Sport has the strongest line up atm - he can't keep them all, I guess Ogier and Tänak are both leaving and Evans will be no.1 driver for next year, Sunninen and one pay-driver will support his title chase. They wound't win titles, but it's decent line-up. Ott mentioned, that M-Sport will have enough know-how to build competitive car for next year, but he told how they have budget to fail-check only one car. Tänak has contract with M-Sport til end of the 2017, after that he's free agent.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/rovanpera-ford-fiesta-gb-australia-955685/
Kalle Rovanpera will be driving in the last two rounds of WRC2 with a M-Sport Ford Fiesta R5.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/loeb-nothing-decided-citroen-gravel-test-955764/
At the same time Mr. Loeb completed his first test with the C3 on gravel and he said the feeling was "quite good". He hasn't yet decided what to do for next year though, but this could be a step further to a comeback, obviously limited to some rallies

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/september-2017/2018-calendar/page/4863--12-12-.html The wait for Rally NZ continues and we're going to turkey... :(

Etirion said:
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/september-2017/2018-calendar/page/4863--12-12-.html The wait for Rally NZ continues and we're going to turkey... :(
I'm over here still waiting for a round to come to North America.

Etirion said:
I don't WE will ever get one back in USA.  Alsaska would be a about the most insurance friendly place (but who would go).  I don't have a clue what Canada litigations are like, maybe there.  I could see something in the Pacific NW of Canada, but really no where near me on the East Coast, so may as well be Mexico.

gfRally said:
Etirion said:
I don't WE will ever get one back in USA.  Alsaska would be a about the most insurance friendly place (but who would go).  I don't have a clue what Canada litigations are like, maybe there.  I could see something in the Pacific NW of Canada, but really no where near me on the East Coast, so may as well be Mexico.
It would be cool if the WRC did the Oregon Trial Rally. I don't think that the organizers would go for that though. Oh well, we got something really good going in the WRC anyway with the new cars and all. Super exciting.

They should do a second snow rally in Canada or northern usa. Do it after Sweden and go to Mexico after.

Scyy said:
They should do a second snow rally in Canada or northern usa. Do it after Sweden and go to Mexico after.
It is the same, the Cars go back to HQ after a Rally, so if Rally México follows or not a Northern American Rally is the same ;) .
I think Rally México could be replaced with a Rally in USA or Canada, and it also could attract Ford to finally back M-Sport

Scyy said:
It is the same, the Cars go back to HQ after a Rally, so if Rally México follows or not a Northern American Rally is the same ;) .
I think Rally México could be replaced with a Rally in USA or Canada, and it also could attract Ford to finally back M-Sport
Why don't Ford back M-Sport already? Seems like the thing to do I mean M-Sport is leading the championship by a good margin.

Scyy said:
Just write-off America almost for sure, there will never be a WRC here again.  Too many ... blah blah blah (pick your favorite political or social gripe and insert here).  That and insurance and lawyers make life in the USA very difficult for motorsports.  Safety should always be #1 and no one wants to see someone killed, but there are just too many stupid people here (perhaps everywhere, but they sue here) that like to push or disregard the rules.  

I don't know if Canada is different, but I doubt it.  I think they just have fewer people and less populated land, so it is just a matter of ratios up there. 

Scyy said:
Why don't Ford back M-Sport already? Seems like the thing to do I mean M-Sport is leading the championship by a good margin.
It’s free advertising, why would they need to?

From my understanding msport and ford are having a meeting soon which could be a sign of things to come.

Scyy said:
From my understanding msport and ford are having a meeting soon which could be a sign of things to come.
Yess, before october they have a meeting, I hope it comes with good news

Scyy said:
There is official Ford backing for M-Sport for the R2, R5 and rallycross cars, just not for the WRC programme. It's a hell of an investment and, with the decline in interest a few years ago, I can see why Ford tightened the purse strings...

...the Championship is getting so much attention this year though, it would see a good time for them to start supporting the upper tier of rallying again!

KevM said:
Scyy said:
It’s free advertising, why would they need to?
Exactly, they're leading and they haven't put a penny towards it!

tbtstt said:
Scyy said:
There is official Ford backing for M-Sport for the R2, R5 and rallycross cars, just not for the WRC programme. It's a hell of an investment and, with the decline in interest a few years ago, I can see why Ford tightened the purse strings...

...the Championship is getting so much attention this year though, it would see a good time for them to start supporting the upper tier of rallying again!
R2 and R5? I didnt see any factory R2 or R5, R5 "Factory" Fiesta's are M-Sport, like Tanak's car. And R2 are backed by drivers.

tbtstt said:
Scyy said:

R2 and R5? I didnt see any factory R2 or R5, R5 "Factory" Fiesta's are M-Sport, like Tanak's car. And R2 are backed by drivers.

Individual entries aren't backed, but the development of the R2 and R5 Fiesta is financially supported by Ford. The Focus RS RX developed for Hoonigan Racing is an officially back Ford effort.

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Scyy said:

Individual entries aren't backed, but the development of the R2 and R5 Fiesta is financially supported by Ford. The Focus RS RX developed for Hoonigan Racing is an officially back Ford effort.
The RX yes, but the R5 and R2 it is all M-Sport job, Ford can help like in the WRC car, like a techincal partner, using their engine dynos and Chambers for testing, but the cars are built and developed by M-Sport