WRC 2019 Thread

sqdstr said:
I think when Ott was Flat out for win it or bin it in Poland, if he would have finished second he could have a lot more chances to be the champ :(
If we're gonna start with 'what if' then Neuville would have been champion this year IF he would have finished MC & Sweden when he was leading both rallies. He lost a lot more than Tanak has this season.
Mhuhahahahaha. But now will never know... for this year anyway. ;) I'm just glad a Ford car is at the top.
I can't say i'm a veteran WRC follower, only started back in 2014 when Thierry took his first win for Hyundai, but those DNF's in the first two rounds were heartbreaking. I'd be happy for Ford and Ogier though, he's fully deserved it this year more than any. 
I do think that if M-Sport keep this momentum going Tanak will have a good shot at the championship next year.

Well, well... A fantastic season from Ott Tänak has made our Minister of Culture talk about rallying and a dream to host a WRC event in Estonia (Ministry of Culture will help to fund bigger sporting events beginning from 2018). It's great to see that our government is finally recognising the importance of rallying in our country.

Well colour me surprised, I really thought he would stay at M-Sport. Wonder if we'll hear something about Ogier soon. If both Ogier and Tänak leaves then that pretty much means Evans as #1 driver there next year, maybe supported by Suninen and Tidemand?

But Toyota will be a serious contender next year. Both Tänak and Latvala could potentially hunt for the drivers trophy, and I have no doube that Lappi will fight for the win on at least 3-4 rallies next season.

Wrc needs more teams for all these drivers! I'm surprised at Tanak moving though. The fiesta seemed to suit him so well. Will be very interesting to see if he can match this year's performance with Toyota 

Ogier doesn't have that many options, I'm quite sure he'll stay in M-Sport, as money from Ford will increase. 
Ogier - Evans - Sunninen (DMack) will make great lineup once again. Going against: 
Latvala - Tänak - Lappi 
Neuville - Mikkelsen - Sordo/Paddon
Meek - Breen - Lefebrev/Loeb 

Real shame to see Tanak moving. He has been brilliant to watch this year and its been great to have such a likeable driver in the Fiesta. 

So Hanninen's codriver gets a new job at Toyota but no word about Hanninen himself.
What is he going to do now then?

Wrc needs more teams for all these drivers! I'm surprised at Tanak moving though. The fiesta seemed to suit him so well. Will be very interesting to see if he can match this year's performance with Toyota 
Yes! That's what I've been saying. It would be awesome if we could get more teams/cars/manufacturers in the WRC.

tbtstt said:
Real shame to see Tanak moving. He has been brilliant to watch this year and its been great to have such a likeable driver in the Fiesta. 
Sad to see him leave. I really wanted Tanak to be in the Ford next year. Whatever the Line-up for M-Sport next season I hope they come out of the box winning.

Hoping that Tidemand gets a shot in a rally or two next year! He deserves it!

I was expecting Ott to stay with M-Sport, now I hope Ogier stays with them so that we can see all the manufacturers battle for the title in 2018: with the lineup they have now, if Toyota can make the Yaris a bit more reliable and fast it would be a serious title contender...

My guess is that Ogier will stay at M-sport, surely they wouldn't let both their top drivers go?
Also a move from M-sport to Toyota seems an odd one given the form of both teams, maybe Tanak got sick of playing second fiddle or got offered big money?

Hyundai must be confident they can run 4 cars next year? Surely Paddon/Dani's contracts aren't so lenient that they can strip half the season off each of them. Will be interesting to see how they handle 4 cars in Wales

My guess is that Ogier will stay at M-sport, surely they wouldn't let both their top drivers go?
Also a move from M-sport to Toyota seems an odd one given the form of both teams, maybe Tanak got sick of playing second fiddle or got offered big money?

Hyundai must be confident they can run 4 cars next year? Surely Paddon/Dani's contracts aren't so lenient that they can strip half the season off each of them. Will be interesting to see how they handle 4 cars in Wales
At M-Sport they only had parts for one fresh car most of the time, which is Ogiers. Tänak had to make do with what was left. Also a more stable team with more money than M-Sport.

Honestly I always got the vibe that Ogier is a good guy. Sure he's cocky but when you're the best you get a little bit of leeway with that. I mean just look at what he did for Tanak in Poland last year when he just missed his maiden win. A crummy person wouldn't have done that.

I've seldom seen him as particularly cocky, but his constant whining about road position has left a mark :-P

Looks like Wales is a wet, muddy and cold this year. Proper rally then :-D

Can’t wait! Heading off to Wales after work tomorrow, then getting up nice and early Thursday morning for shakedown! Then Friday Saturday and possibly Sunday stages and/or podium in Llandudno! I’ve got my camera packed, so I should have some videos on Monday

Sounds good to me. I love a good Motorsport weekend. I'm really hoping the the Fiestas can get at least one more win this season.

Wonder how Wales is going to pan out. The only one I can think of that will take a measured approach is perhaps Ogier, but he will want to snatch the drivers title so he doesn't want to lose more than 8 points to Neuville or 7 to Tänak. 

My hope is up for Østberg getting a podium, hope he can get a trouble free event (but his car breaking down before the test doesn't bode well :-P ). Would also be nice to see Paddon get through without any car troubles.