WRC 2019 Thread

Paddons fuming about the Hyundai driver line up according to an interview with the paper here in New Zealand. Apparently the team hasn't even talked to the drivers about the plans for next year, and it sounds like they are still going three cars at this point. Sounds like a crappy situation all round really. Being in a bad head space wont be good going into rally wales.
It will be very interesting to see how this progresses given how much Paddon does for Hyundai particularly here in NZ. 

I'd like to see Ogier take at least one more win this year to really "earn" the title. Wales looks like it's going to be epic though, wish I was going to be there!

Shakedown times are trickling in. As usual not saying too much, but Elfyn's times are encouraging for him :-) Both him and DMACK seem to feel that Wales is the event where their tyres will shine.

I'll be keeping tabs on the WRC2 class this rally also, will be a real fight with all those very talented drivers. Hope it'll stay tight and not be a 1 minute gap between them as happen way too often.

Evans is the one to beat in Wales, afaik DMack brought special tire for this event :) I'm predicting all M-Sport podium, but I wish Ott and Thierry could close cap with Seb, championship decisive  last round would be great end for this awesome year :)

I’m so glad I changed my plans last minute and went to shakedown! Get to see all the drivers 3/4/5 times, and I got to move about and watch from a few different corners. Passed Mads and Kris on the way back to the service park so I gave them a little beep and a wave. As my brother is doing the national event I got a guest pass so that I can go in the competitors entrance, which is cool because all the wrc cars are just casually driving past you!

Cant wait for more tomorrow!

I spent my day on the Costa Del Sweet Lamb yesterday. The sun was out and it was glorious. It's by far the best weather I've experienced on a Rally GB weekend, and I've been going near enough every single year since I was a boy. 

I presume it's spectacular to watch, looks like a full on fight for the championship with the top 3 drivers in the standings in the top 4 positions atm.

Gartheiniog today was amazing! Helicopters flying overhead chasing the cars made for an incredible atmosphere!

i also got told off for using my special guest pass entrance to give Elfyn a beep and a wave as he came out of service!

What a fight in Wales this year. Evans is in the clear for sure but the rest behind him, it's all about seconds.
If Mikkelsen & Tanak keep up this pace, Ogier's 3rd place is under serious threat and if Latvala can go just a little bit faster, even he can still catch Ogier.
I really hope they do overtake Ogier so the championship will be decided in Australia and we can enjoy such a battle again.

Looks like Ogier will get that 3rd place, so if he gets 1 point in the power stage he'll take the championship. 

Hope he takes a wheel off.  Just to spice things up a little 

YES M-SPORT! 

So Happy for Wilson, and the team. Incredible effort in a competitive and challenging season. 

Manufacturers Title, Drivers Title, and Elfyn with the home-rally win! :D 

It's Ogier then. He surely deserved it but I hoped we'd see a fight for the championship up until the last rally. Congrats to him, he did a great season and he's been very consistent. Awesome that M-Sport have won the constructors, hopefully they'll convince Ford to support them now so they can keep Ogier. Fight's on for next year!

KevM said:
Hope he takes a wheel off.  Just to spice things up a little 
Probably helps that he wasn't driving an i20 for that.

Anyways this is a golden opportunity falling right into Ford's lap. They would have to be fools not to open the purse strings just a little to keep Ogier in a ford next year. Ogier, Elfyn, and Suninen would be another team to beat next season.

I'm so happy for M-Sport! Well deserved titles and win on their home rally! Also Dmack - they got what have been robbed from them before :)

While I’m happy for both Ogier and M-sport (modstly m-sport) I cant help but to feel a bit disapointed that the championships are wrapped up now. Now Rally Australia will feel even more pointless.

While I’m happy for both Ogier and M-sport (modstly m-sport) I cant help but to feel a bit disapointed that the championships are wrapped up now. Now Rally Australia will feel even more pointless. 

Hard to say a World Rally feels pointless when you think the next one will be the Monte in 2018 ;) 

I know that feeling tho, I'm a Ferrari fan in F1, Neuville fan in WRC, Toyota fan for the LeMans 24h and I was hoping for Alonso to win the Indy500. Now I'm left hoping for the impossible to happen at Valencia so Dovizioso can win in MotoGP otherwise I could rename 2017 "The Year of Broken Promises"

Neuville has always had a Championship in him.  I feel he’ll take a new-found confidence into 2018 & be hard to beat.  He deserves to be the one to take Ogiers crown

Fantastic result for Evans and M-Sport. I was torn on Ogier winning at the start of the year, but he hasn't run away with the Championship and it's been a great title fight: though it is a shame to see it over with a round to go! 

That said, with the title secure, I'd like to Ogier go for broke in Australia. 

Difficult to make any guesses for 2018 until we figure out who is going where, Neuville is surely going to be determined to beat Ogier though! 

Ott will certainly be in the mix too!  If Mikkelson stays Hyundai, things will be interesting.  I just wish Citroen would come to the party

If Ogier stays with M-Sport, it will be between him and Neuville and maybe Latvalas (his last chance) for championship. 2018 will be difficult for Ott, new car and no setups from last year, even though he's brilliant with engineers, i'm not hoping for much.

Ogier's eyes tearing up at the finish line says it all. This year's title was something special :-)

Such a good 4 day’s in Wales! Walked miles, driven even further! I’ve got tonnes of videos I’m trying to put together at the moment! Found a nasty little corner on Gwydir yesterday, was surprised it didn’t catch any wrc drivers out, but it wasn’t long until a couple of wrc2 drivers had some big moments, and then this happened:

https://youtu.be/9MMHdSLv2Pw

Both were ok and managed to carry on straight away, they were busy restarting the car when I opened the door to check they were ok! had an R2 Peugeot go straight on and ended up right on top of the bank which we had to push off, and a Subaru in the nationals did the same but managed to keep going!